ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old April 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #1
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Awesome weekend!

So saturday, got up and meet up with some of my fellow riders...mostly harley folks, and took a trip down to Andersonville to check out the National POW Museum. Ive been there before, but the other guys havent. We stopped off at Yoder's Amish resturant....and there were a bunch of 1%ers in there from Iron Cross MC. We didnt chat....go figure. But it was kinda neat to see all the bikes. Met two guys from Columbus GA had a BMW F650GS, which I havent seen in quite some time. I still think thats one of the most universal do it all bikes ever created. Both of them had british accents.
They were brothers, riding two-up.....it was kinda funny actually.

1%ers around and two guys riding two up on a Beemer....

So Sunday, I get up. I talked to my buddy Mike, and asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. He said lets go to High Falls. So we did....taking the back roads. A hour and 20 mins later, we get to the Falls, do a little hiking, and then head back up the interstate.

On the way back, they decided to hammer it....85-90 up the interstate with it turning about 10g for an hour straight. Little ninja didnt miss a beat. Gotta love this little bike.

So I get back into town, and it isnt 5 min later I see one of my friends go by on his ninja 250....and he had another ninja 250 and a CBR600 with him. So I hopped in line, and at the next light we decided to go for a little ride before dark.

After crusing with the harleys all weekend, I was ready to wind it up, grow a pair, and hit some twisties. We went down some roads, and I was hitting 25 posteds at 70+, and trying to scrub whats left of the chicken strips.

Im honestly thinking its just not possible to scrub off the last 1/4" of chicken strips on the 250r without grinding metal bits off the bike. Needless to say, we left sparks quite a few times. When we stopped off for a break, a R6, and a RC51 stopped to chat with us. The RC51 was toting a 5 year old on the back...yeah...it was like that.

Two days and 400 miles....yup...awesome weekend!
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Wow, that sounds like a good weekend to me.

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #3
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Good ride...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavison View Post
actually.

1%ers around and two guys riding two up on a Beemer....

We went down some roads, and I was hitting 25 posteds at 70+, and trying to scrub whats left of the chicken strips.

Im honestly thinking its just not possible to scrub off the last 1/4" of chicken strips on the 250r without grinding metal bits off the bike. Needless to say, we left sparks quite a few times. yup...awesome weekend!
Riding like that even a helmet won't save you. I wish the government would educate riders better about speeding and the cost associated with it.

Old April 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #5
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

They are yellow signs...not white speed limit signs. Its called an "advisory warning" sign. It means the recommended speed is 25, not the legal limit is 25.

Thanks for the safety lesson Im sure you putter around a quarter mile sweeper at 25 everytime because of the yellow sign even though the speed limit is much higher.

[quote]
A Curve Speed sign may be used at and beyond the beginning of a curve following a Horizontal Alignment and Advisory Speed sign combination, or when there is a need to remind road users of the recommended speed, or where the recommended speed changes because of a change in curvature (see Section 2C.06). Based on engineering judgement, the Curve Speed sign may be installed on the inside or outside of the curve to enhance its visibility.[\quote]
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote