ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 16th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #1
DEast0716
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Front turn signal disconnected

Hey everyone. I recently got my temps, bought a 2010 Ninja 250, put about 300 miles on it so far, taking the safety class in a few weeks.

The guy I bought the bike off of had disconnected the front left turn signal and apparently used the wiring to hook up LEDs with a switch. Being a new rider, this seems unsafe for me. The three other signals work as they should. My problem is the front left wires aren't connected to anything. The clips are still there. I can't seem to find what they connect to. There is one wire with a plastic connector on it that isn't hooked to anything, I'm thinking this is where they go, but I'd need some sort of connector to attach. Does this sound right?

Thanks for any help!
DEast0716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2017, 08:43 PM   #2
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Hi Derek and welcome!
Could you get a couple pics? There should be a pair of wires (possibly loomed together) joining in a connector coming from the turn signal, and a mating connector (with two wire ends inside) coming from the bikes wiring harness, usually sortof under the tank.
Alternately, you could open up the right side to see what those connectors look like(assuming the previous owner didn't monkey with them) and where they run. That should give you some clues to find the mate on the left side.
You should just need to pull the black plastic panel from under the front seat to find the wiring you need, but may have to pull the lower fairings; just remember the turn signal wiring is attached to those fairings.

Old July 17th, 2017, 08:41 AM   #3
DEast0716
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Thanks for the help. I did take the two large fairings off of both sides to try and find where everything goes, but I didn't really think to take off the seat. That would probably help! I'll get to it after work today and if I can't figure it out, I'll post some pictures. And thanks for the welcome.
DEast0716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #4
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

You shouldnt need to remove the seat itself to find the turn signal wires unless the PO did something really funky. I was talking about the pointy black panels that are on either side, under the seat and just aft/behind the main fairings. They're usually secured with a single black + head bolt, as opposed to most of the bolts which are hex-heads.

From the "How to remove your fairings" DIY thread
Further down in there, there's also a picture of the turn signal connectors that may be of use to you.