ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:47 AM   #1
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Area P Muffler Repack

I've posted this on another forum and thought it would be helpful here as well since it's a fairly popular question.

We've had some inquires about how long to go between muffler repacks. We've been gathering long term testing data on the 250R full exhaust system muffler packing. We've seen two different standard length mufflers; one with 8200 miles and one daily driver with almost 10,000 miles. Upon disassembly, the muffler packing looked virtually like new and showed only 20 grams of wear. The standard length muffler is packed with almost 450 grams of material, so essentially, there has been no loss of packing.

For those with the Longer Quiet Muffler - Since this muffler has a smaller core and longer shell, it holds a much larger volume of packing material (close to 900 grams). The resulting wear of the packing material will be much less.

All Area P mufflers are packed exclusively with Silent Sport Premium from Germany. It is by far the highest quality, longest lasting material available. With the above findings on the 250R, it appears some users may never need to repack their mufflers at all.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
kkim

Wow, thank you for that honest, candid information you certainly did not have to share with anyone... this forum or next. What it shows is what a stand up guy you are when it comes to business practices. I salute you for putting the customer first, which has always been my experience when dealing with your company ever since I decided to buy your Quiet Core exhaust, earlier this year.

A very Happy New Year to you, Kerry. May it bring you good health and prosperity.

Saying all this, you do know this will affect the amount of packing material you sell, right?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:59 AM   #3
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Thanks for the info Kerry! Just puts another big plus in your column for when I can FINALLY order your system!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2008, 01:33 PM   #4
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Absolutely our pleasure. And yes, we know it affects the amount of repack kits we sell , but thatz perfectly ok. We don't want our customers purchasing something they don't need or doing a service that isn't necessary. Most of the credit goes to the quality of the Silent Sport Premium material. The other part is the technique and care we take assembling the muffler. You'd be amazed at how many companies treat the muffler packing assembly as a low tech, low skill process. When you want it to perform and last, it's anything but that.

Happy & Safe New Year to all.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Plasmatoast
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R - 08 250R - 03 250EX - 86 KLR 250

I recommend Area P to Everyone I've talked to, Kerry and Jenny At Area P are both great people to work with. Thanks again, Kerry.
Plasmatoast is offline   Reply With Quote