ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old March 9th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #241
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Welcome aboard! Speaking of venturing out on group rides... 60+ degrees Sunday...
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #242
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT FIJI Graphix View Post
Hey fellas. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought an '08 Ninja 250R a couple weeks ago and its great to see so many fellow 250Rs in JC. I'm at the end of Warren Street, so just around the corner from you folks at Liberty Towers.

I'm a complete n00b... waiting to take my MSF BasicRider class in April over @ Farleigh Dickinson U. You guys will prob see me around practicing after I take the class. Hope to get some experience in and venture with you guys on these rides. They look incredibly fun.

Any suggestions on practice locations? Only place I can think of w/ a big parking lot is the Target over in Newport.
Welcome! Wish I could help you with somewhere to practice, but I never found a good place. One of the dudes in the booth at Liberty Science Center let us practice there on a weekend but I don't think you can count on that regularly.
sikuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #243
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Oh and if you didn't buy gear yet and want the gloves I mentioned earlier in the thread you can have them. They've just been sitting in my closet.

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #244
VT FIJI Graphix
ninjette.org member

Name: Lawrence

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikuss View Post
Oh and if you didn't buy gear yet and want the gloves I mentioned earlier in the thread you can have them. They've just been sitting in my closet.
That would be awesome. I'm slowly getting my gear in place. So far, I just picked up a Shoei RF-1100, and the A* T-GP-R Air jacket is on its way. What size gloves are you? I'm prob a sm or med, I know A* stuff runs a little tighter.
VT FIJI Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #245
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Quote:
That would be awesome. I'm slowly getting my gear in place. So far, I just picked up a Shoei RF-1100, and the A* T-GP-R Air jacket is on its way. What size gloves are you? I'm prob a sm or med, I know A* stuff runs a little tighter.
The gloves are medium. Let me know if you want to pick them up and I can let you try them on some night after work or on the weekend.

Nice helmet by the way, my girlfriend has the same one and I used to have it as well.

Old March 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #246
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
The gloves are medium. Let me know if you want to pick them up and I can let you try them on some night after work or on the weekend.

Nice helmet by the way, my girlfriend has the same one and I used to have it as well.
Hey man - do you still have the double bubble or you sent them to boosted already?

If you still have them I can buy them from you..looking to change my windscreen so I can get more space to mount my GPS...thanks!
Rollin.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #247
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Hey fellas. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought an '08 Ninja 250R a couple weeks ago and its great to see so many fellow 250Rs in JC. I'm at the end of Warren Street, so just around the corner from you folks at Liberty Towers.

I'm a complete n00b... waiting to take my MSF BasicRider class in April over @ Farleigh Dickinson U. You guys will prob see me around practicing after I take the class. Hope to get some experience in and venture with you guys on these rides. They look incredibly fun.

Any suggestions on practice locations? Only place I can think of w/ a big parking lot is the Target over in Newport.
welcome! what color is your ninja?

Old March 12th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #248
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin.. View Post
Hey man - do you still have the double bubble or you sent them to boosted already?

If you still have them I can buy them from you..looking to change my windscreen so I can get more space to mount my GPS...thanks!
All yours my friend!

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #249
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted139 View Post
All yours my friend!
It's still sitting in my closet as far as I remember. I'll let you know once I check.

Old March 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #250
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Decided to take the plunge and sign up with Team Pro-Motion (http://www.teampromotion.com/) to track this year

Haven't picked out any dates yet, but they have a friend referral program. Basically I can bring someone to ride for the day at my rate, but you don't have to have a club membership (so saves you some $$ if you just want to try the track). Also if you sign up for a membership with me as the person who referred you I get 25$ in track credit (which I'd gladly split with anyone haha).

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there in case someone wanted to jump on an opportunity to hit the track. Probably next month I'll pick out a date(s) and let you guys know in case you want to jump on the bandwagon. Yay track!

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #251
Hunsy34
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 2016 Ninja 300 1994 KTM 300 EXC

I am in PA but maybe 20-30 minutes from philipsburg nj which is right on the boarder. I'll keep checking in on rides maybe join in sometime.
Hunsy34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #252
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Decided to take the plunge and sign up with Team Pro-Motion (http://www.teampromotion.com/) to track this year

Haven't picked out any dates yet, but they have a friend referral program. Basically I can bring someone to ride for the day at my rate, but you don't have to have a club membership (so saves you some $$ if you just want to try the track). Also if you sign up for a membership with me as the person who referred you I get 25$ in track credit (which I'd gladly split with anyone haha).

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there in case someone wanted to jump on an opportunity to hit the track. Probably next month I'll pick out a date(s) and let you guys know in case you want to jump on the bandwagon. Yay track!
I would finitely be down to give the track a try this season. Keep us updated when you plan to go and I'm sure we can get a few of the NJ guys to sign up (you'll be ruling in track credit dough).

Old March 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #253
sikuss
ninjette.org member

Quote:
It's still sitting in my closet as far as I remember. I'll let you know once I check.
I also checked my closet and found the double bubble today so it's all yours; I'll bring to to the next group ride or you can swing by and pick it up.

Old March 16th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #254
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I also checked my closet and found the double bubble today so it's all yours; I'll bring to to the next group ride or you can swing by and pick it up.
Yay! thanks! I'll message you..maybe one weekend I will stop by..let me know how much, or, like you said before I could just pay for you and your girlfriends lunch next time we ride out..

will let you know when I can stop by..

And I'll participate in the trackdays..I am in the process of upgrading all my gear..

Old March 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #255
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
... and when you start seeing me again riding to work in times square then you'll know...
Good point!
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:26 AM   #256
H8tred
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250R

Im out for any rides coming up wreaked the other day, story is in the right place on the forum
H8tred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:56 AM   #257
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8tred View Post
Im out for any rides coming up wreaked the other day, story is in the right place on the forum
Sucks man, on the bright side at least you're alright. You can always fix the bike. It's a good excuse to do some mods

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM   #258
H8tred
ninjette.org member

lots of mods!

Old April 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM   #259
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Well since I am impatient, looks like I'll be signing up for a 4/21 track day @ NJMP with TPM. I haven't signed up for that specific day yet, but that's the plan. If all goes well I'll be going again on 5/5 (let the addiction begin).

I know it's still very early in the season (and I'll keep updating with future dates), but if anyone wants to give it a shot without paying a membership fee (just have to pay the fee for the day), PM me and I can give you any details you'd need.

*edit*
4/21 is official. So excited!

Last futzed with by Boosted139; April 4th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #260
itsa250bro
ninjette.org member

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 CP Blue

@Boosted139 So how was it?
itsa250bro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #261
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa250bro View Post
@Boosted139 So how was it?
It was an amazing an experience! I learned a lot in a short amount of time and felt more comfortable on the bike each session.

Unfortunately I ended the afternoon prematurely with an off course excursion, but I'll be back on the track in no time.

Last futzed with by Boosted139; April 24th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.

Old April 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #262
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Quote:
It was an amazing an experience! I learned a lot in a short amount of time and felt more comfortable on the bike each session.

Unfortunately I ended by afternoon prematurely with an off course excursion, but I'll be back on the track in no time.

Thats good! any pictures? I already have all the gear for track, its just the logistics (i.e. truck or trailer) that I really need to figure out since its 2 hours from jersey..and maybe some more preparations on the bike..it may take a while for me so I'm jealous..

Here are some of the coming events I know..if anyone is interested

I've heard about this ride in philly called "shut the city down run -philly style"..april 28..

first week of May there is also a kawasaki demo ride in tanger outlets in new york..forgot the details but should be in their website..I went to this event last year and had fun with the 6r..

Old April 24th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #263
itsa250bro
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Unfortunately I ended the afternoon prematurely with an off course excursion, but I'll be back on the track in no time.
What ?!? Come on I need more details, please - at this point I am living vicariously, at best I can go later in the summer. How fast did you get to go? What was the group like - all experienced/inexperienced. And, you went off the track what happened?

Plus, what mods are needed to the bike to make it track ready - is there a list on their website or anything you can point me to?

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #264
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

You're asking for a book haha so here it goes.

How fast did i go: Well Thunderbolt has a half mile straight so I pretty much red lined in 6th on the straight every time. I don't think i was under 8000 rpms in 4th gear, so around 50+ the entire day. I could have definitely gone a lot faster into some corners, but traffic and passing rules holds you up sometimes. Some people were faster, a lot were slower. You're encouraged to go at your own pace (as long as its a safe pace).

What was the group like:The group I was in (white) is all beginners as well as the people taking the class (which is required your first track day). If you are in the class you start the day by following around coaches at a brisk pace (no passing etc). As the day goes on the rules lighten up and you can pass etc. Couple people made illegal passes (inside between turn in and the apex) and they're quickly pulled off the course and forced to sit out. The coaches do a great job keeping everyone as safe as possible. I also learned A TON. Track riding is honestly completely different than riding on the street so there are many new techniques to learn. Coaches did a great job teaching you them (if you are taking the class you have a 20 minute session after every time on the track to go over stuff).

Why did I crash: Honest answer? I don't know because I don't remember. Now not to deter anyone from going to the track, but I crashed pretty bad. I'm not going to speculate what exactly happend, but basically I didn't make a turn and all I remember was turning into the turn and then waking up on my back. So that ended my day, my helmet and some nice leather, but I'm 100% okay besides some torn rib cartilage! Bike is in decent shape, fairings are all scratched and cracked, but by no means destroyed. Few minor pieces need to be replaced, but I am paranoid I bent something major so I need to get it check out. I'll be back to the track as soon as I physically can.

What you need: You need to tape/remove your mirrors, tape headlights/rear light, tape/remove blinkers and disconnect headlight/brake light. That's really all you need as long as your bike is properly maintained. You'll need tires that aren't beat on (80%+ tread) and brake pads with less than 50% wear. Other than that, slap on a helmet, boots, leathers and gloves and you're off. Now each club may have a slight variation on their requirements so I'd visit their website for details (I rode with Team Pro-motion, this is their tech sheet http://www.teampromotion.com/policies/tech-inspection/)

It's something any motorcyclist should do at least once. Chances are you'll be sucked in and what to do it again and again! If you have any other specific questions feel free to PM me or ask here.

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #265
itsa250bro
ninjette.org member

Sounds awesome – except for your crash – glad to hear that it is not going to deter you from going again. So you must have hit 100 mph on the straightway – that's fast, I didn't think they would let you do that the first day. I'm happy to hear about the early laps with no passing, and constant supervision / training after that. I really want to do it, biggest thing I'm missing is full leathers – which is expensive but, probably a worth while investment anyway. So jealous – can't wait until I have the time/money too!

Oh yeah, what were the other bikes like? (just curious if you felt out of place with the 250)

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #266
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

There are no real speed limits. The only time you don't go as fast as you want is during the first few sessions when you have to follow the coach (so you go at his speed). After that you're pretty much free to do what you want as long as its done safely. A big thing they hammer into you is that it is your responsibility to stay on the "race line" and don't worry about anyone else. It would be the passer's responsibility to do it safely and give you the "right of way" on the race line.

Keep in mind you can rent leathers from most track organizations. Just don't expect top notch leathers in perfect condition is all. Leathers can survive many crashes so don't be surprised if you rent and they're scraped up or whatever (they'll still provide the same level of protection).

As far as the other bikes, anything and everything was present. The advance groups were obviously 99% super sports, but in the begineer class it was a good mix. Some 600s, a couple 1000s, a guy on a concours and another on a hyabusa. I was the only 250 in the group, but there was a girl in a more advanced group with a pink 250. There's actually a video of someone else riding her bike that afternoon(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bvWLW0Pl_8).

Did the 250 feel out of place on the track? Hell no. I would get passed by some people on the straight, but had no problems keeping a good pace in the corners. Funny enough I did pass some people on 600s in the straight lol. And trust me I can improve a ton and be much quicker. Definitely try to find a day during the summer to hit the track.

On another note, everyone was so incredibly friendly (not just the organizers but other riders as well). One guy who parked next to me barely got his bike out of his trailer and he ran over to introduce himself and see what I was riding etc. Such a friendly crowd of people. Once I've got my stuff back together I'll post more dates I plan to attend, it'd be great if we could get a bunch of 250s to attend the same day!

Old April 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #267
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry to read you crashed. Hope you heal well!
Quote:
... first week of May there is also a kawasaki demo ride in tanger outlets in new york..forgot the details but should be in their website..I went to this event last year and had fun with the 6r..
Anyone going to this? I don't have any interest in Kawasaki's (besides my bike), but would like to try riding the 6R and a small cruiser.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #268
itsa250bro
ninjette.org member

I'm not going to goto the one in New York but, there is going to be a Stunt show and Kawasaki/Yamaha open house near me in Flemington on May 19th.
http://www.flemingtonyamaha.com/

I'm not sure if they are going to have any demo rides but, its free admission - so I guess I'm going to go.

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #269
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry to read you crashed. Hope you heal well!

Anyone going to this? I don't have any interest in Kawasaki's (besides my bike), but would like to try riding the 6R and a small cruiser.
I'm interested and really would like to ride the 6r! We should get a group ride together and go.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #270
H8tred
ninjette.org member

I'm not going to goto the one in New York but, there is going to be a Stunt show and

I used to live in Flemington,so ill me taking the ride down memory lane.

Old April 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #271
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I live in DE. Anyone near by hit me up to ride along.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #272
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

I'll probably go to the Flemington event as well since it's so close to me. Won't be taking the bike though since she's probably going into permanent track mode.

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #273
urbaninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Santana

Motorcycle(s): 2010 kawasaki 250r, 2009 Yamaha FZ6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post

Ill go was the info?
urbaninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #274
WhiteRice
Kamikaze Squirrel

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

Oh hey I heard you guys liek 250s?

What's up everyone?! I herniated two discs in my back earlier this year, so I've been dl.

I'm ready to get back on, and this weekend is just too beautiful not to ride.

That being said I think it's time to plan the first ride of 2012. Any ideas?
WhiteRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #275
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Where in NJ are ya?
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #276
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRice View Post
Any ideas?
Track, track, track and some more track

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #277
WhiteRice
Kamikaze Squirrel

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

Quote:
Track, track, track and some more track
Did you get racing plastics?
WhiteRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #278
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRice View Post
Did you get racing plastics?
Yeah among other things as well. Not going back into street mode ever again. On one hand it sucks because I won't be able to do group rides with you guys this season, but the track is too awesome.

At first I thought I'd just go back and forth between street and track, but it's a pain and after I broken half my street plastics I decided to go track only. No regrets thus far.

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #279
Navara
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250

Hey, Mike from Central Jersey here. Got a 2007 250, anyone in the Hunterdon area?
Navara is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #280
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navara View Post
Hey, Mike from Central Jersey here. Got a 2007 250, anyone in the Hunterdon area?
Welcome Mike! I am from Hunterdon county as well! Although my bike isn't exactly street legal anymore...