ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2022, 03:32 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Are Kawasaki planning a retro naked version of the anticipated ZX-4

Click here for full story...

Image:

Kawasaki’s anticipated ZX-4R could also be joined by a neo-retro naked version with the same 400cc inline-four-cylinder motor.

Old May 23rd, 2022, 11:02 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

bump

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2022, 12:10 PM   #3
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
I like it, I started out on a standard bike, or I guess we're calling those naked bikes now.

The motorcycle market doesn't do enough small bore in the US, in the overseas market that's a totally different story. I'm envious of those markets. Small bore, cheaper prices, might just lead to more motorcycle sales in the US.

I know that when I got into road bikes, was they were cheap, easy to maintain, and cheap to operate. Now a days, those cheap bikes are getting less, and less every year. I think that why people today are not buying bikes, and the market has decreased.

Sorry higher gas prices always help motorcycle sales, but that only forces to pricing to go up, etc....

My 2¢
Scott

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2022, 02:43 PM   #4
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Yeah, my local bike shop seems to have a fixation with higher displacement. Their comment was the 250 really is too small for here, everybody wants bigger bikes.

Uh, not everybody. I'm considering a 650, but only to get better brakes and suspension, not because I need more power. I like the little Ninja. She does great.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2022, 07:06 PM   #5
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Yeah, my local bike shop seems to have a fixation with higher displacement. Their comment was the 250 really is too small for here, everybody wants bigger bikes.

Uh, not everybody. I'm considering a 650, but only to get better brakes and suspension, not because I need more power. I like the little Ninja. She does great.
One of my sons is still riding his Ninja 250 about six years after he started riding on it.

It does everything he needs, and he keeps up with the rest of us just fine on group rides.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2022, 09:18 PM   #6
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I'm at 6 years on this bike, too. Got enough power. I don't need a bike that I can't get past third gear.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2022, 08:12 AM   #7
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja Kaw, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
One of my sons is still riding his Ninja 250 about six years after he started riding on it.

It does everything he needs, and he keeps up with the rest of us just fine on group rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
I'm at 6 years on this bike, too. Got enough power. I don't need a bike that I can't get past third gear.
I agree. Contentment vs keeping up with the Joneses. Vs our fast-food society...

Honestly, I don't think a ZX4 is needed or even good. It will definitely be probably the best beginner bike for it's forgiving torque being at the high end of the rev range, and it will be twice the headache when maintenance is needed. While on paper it is an awesome idea, but we already have a capable 400 and the R&D, INHO, should go into stiffening the frame of the current bike. My 2 cents.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote