Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[2fiddy.com] - How-to: DIY Fender Eliminator

[The following was submitted by Bryan T… Thanks man!]

Instead of spending 100.00 plus dollars on a pre made fender eliminator kit where some of the after market versions say they won’t except the option rear seat cowl I thought I could make something for free and spend the 100 bucks somewhere else.

Tools that I used: Dremel with spiral cutter, grinding stones/burrs and the flex shaft attachment.

Time involved: Be ready to spend some time as the whole section of the bike must be taken apart where you will need to strip off the tail light housing so that you can work on it closely.

Picture 01 — Tail light section with the fender cut down leaving the stock sections for the blinkers and the metal brackets.

Picture 02 — Same shot different angle

Picture 03 — The rear fender section with the very bottom portion cut off and separated from the housing assembly. Not finished with this piece just yet so hang on to it.

Picture 04 — Mounting bracket for the licenses plate cut out of the rear fender section. you can see it in picture 03 before I cut it out of the left over scrap piece. you will need to drill two holes at the top so that the two bolts can be run through where they will attach to the small plate that comes with the bikes original setup.

Picture 05 — How it looks on the bike after it is all put back together with the licenses plate bracket added. it mounts in between the metal plate and the two bolts that secure the actually red lenses for the brake light to the housing assembly. Its tough to explain but once you saw it in person you would hopefully know what I was taking about.

Picture 06– Another view with paper plate attached. one will need longer bolts to mount the actual license plate to the bracket as the home made bracket has rubber grommets (used for the original licenses plate light) that are thick where I though this would be helpful to absorb some of the shock of the actual licenses plate bouncing around.

Picture 07 — Another rear shot

Picture 08 — The carnage left over from all the cutting. from this shot you will notice another cut that was made below the big hole at the top. The additional rectangular piece was cut because I needed a spacer to add some distance between the licenses plate mounting bracket and the actual rear brake light housing to drop it down just a smidge for clearance

Side note: It may not be for everyone to try, (and might be illegal in your State / Country / Planet.. So check your local laws first!!!) but it is one solution where you don’t have to spend a cent if you already have the tools. If done right it can look really clean with a simple factory look.

Click here for full story...

Old July 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #2
gwynnus
ninjette.org member

Name: Neville

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250, vespa gts 300

Copied your mod - looks great thanks!!
gwynnus is offline   Reply With Quote