ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Have you gone pure track? Do you miss street riding?

Pretty self explanatory. I'm seriously considering this. Anyone here gone track only? Did you regret it or miss riding on street?

Reasons/justifications :

1) I wanna track regularly. I tracked once and I'm hooked. Need to get MORE of it.

2) I have a car and a motorcycle and I have only one parking spot where I'm moving. The bike will be parked at work 99% of the time.

3) I live 3 miles from work. Really not much riding there.

4) Hey it's actually safer!

5) No insurance / registration which will save me $80/month. That can go towards tracking!

6) I can sell my street gear! That's 3 track days right there! lol
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Depends on how close you are to your local tracks, transporting a bike between tracks can be costly... riding a single track all the time can get boring..

I went through a set of tires aout 5-6 sessions, with tire warmers maybe 8 sessions.. that equates to about 1500-2200 mi. on a set of tires.

Track events cost about $120 per day-$200 per weekend... that's on the cheap side. You put maybe 200 mi. on a weekend at the most.

If you still think track is less costly.. go for it.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Gurk
Done here.

I'm sorry if my post sounded like this was totally a financial decision.
it's more like,

option A : track + street
option B : only track

so A will always be costlier

transporting will be my car + hitch + trailer. trailer can be stored at work with the bike.

So i guess my only concern is missing street riding too much

Oh and yeah I'm close to Chuckwalla, Buttonwillow, and Streets of Willow. Chuckwalla is furthest and it's 180 miles.

There's more but I made a calendar for 2012 and these 3 are the ones I'll be going.

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #4
"A"
vampire

You really need to consider how many track events you want to do.

-Once a week, 3-4 times a month or 5-6 times a year?

That could allow you to estimate your budget for riding track only.

-Car, trailer both require registration and insureance, no?

This is just my personal consideration, but I wouldn't leave my vehicle/property at my work location, unless there is 24/7 security camera watching my vehicle/property.

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
You really need to consider how many track events you want to do.

-Once a week, 3-4 times a month or 5-6 times a year?

That could allow you to estimate your budget for riding track only.

-Car, trailer both require registration and insureance, no?

This is just my personal consideration, but I wouldn't leave my vehicle/property at my work location, unless there is 24/7 security camera watching my vehicle/property.
I'm thinking once a month. That's plenty. But yeah I should come up with some numbers to be safe.

Car already has registration. So that's not adding to my budget. Trailer registiration is dirt cheap. insurance? i don't believe so but i'll look into it.

Bike will actually be stored inside the studio I work at. We're only 9 people and they are very cool with this stuff. Hell they'd even love it as a decoration. We have bicycles hanging off the walls and sporting goods everywhere around the studio! We also have alarmed doors and everything. My boss' bike is parked inside the building throughout the year pretty much

Purdy good deal. I know I sound like I'm trying to convince myself. you know the justification process hehe

Old December 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Well, I went track only for about 4 months before I picked up a dedicated street bike. Honestly, while the SV is great and all, I don't find myself having much desire at all to ride it. I mean, it's nice getting free choice school parking again, and it's convenient to split lanes to save a little time in brutal traffic, but street riding just... isn't fun to me anymore. At first I thought it would drive me crazy not being able to ride between track days, but I go often enough that it really didn't at all, and the more I try to get back into street riding, the more I've been realizing that I really don't enjoy it. Gas savings are nice and all, and if I end up with a long commute I might feel differently, but right now I'm already pretty strongly considering taking the SV off the street, too, next season.

I'd say do a few more track days, see if you find yourself having any urge or interest in street riding, and go from there. If you already feel like you won't miss it though, you probably won't
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #7
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Well, I went track only for about 4 months before I picked up a dedicated street bike. Honestly, while the SV is great and all, I don't find myself having much desire at all to ride it. I mean, it's nice getting free choice school parking again, and it's convenient to split lanes to save a little time in brutal traffic, but street riding just... isn't fun to me anymore. At first I thought it would drive me crazy not being able to ride between track days, but I go often enough that it really didn't at all, and the more I try to get back into street riding, the more I've been realizing that I really don't enjoy it. Gas savings are nice and all, and if I end up with a long commute I might feel differently, but right now I'm already pretty strongly considering taking the SV off the street, too, next season.

I'd say do a few more track days, see if you find yourself having any urge or interest in street riding, and go from there. If you already feel like you won't miss it though, you probably won't
You sound like a different person Tiff. Thanks for the input.
I won't type my usual line here and upset the ninjette crowd

PS: How often do you track? I feel like once a month would be fairly expensive but keep me happy enough. Quench my bike thirst, so to speak.

Old December 18th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #8
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

i will probably make my 250 a pure track bike ONCE i pick up another street bike.
I don't miss canyon riding at all, but i do find it necessary to have a street bike as commuting or occasional group rides.
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #9
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I'm sort of the opposite. I've never been on the track, though sometimes I think about it. I ride nearly 100%, only driving the cage if I need to buy something that won't fit in my saddlebags or for ice/snow (a rarity here). I keep detailed records of my finances and determined that in fuel/oil savings alone I broke even on the bike/gear purchase after a little over 24 months, and have been "making" money ever since.

Riding in commuter traffic isn't fun anymore because of the tailgaters and texters, but I also go on lots of out of town trips, some over 800 miles, and those are fun (and money-saving!).

If I do go get some lessons on the track, I'll be wanting to do it with a throwaway bike because of the risk of crashing, and I'll be doing it for fun rather than for experience that translates to safer commuting.

To the OP, if you had a truck you could keep the bike in the back of it and solve the one-spot parking dilemma.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

DISCLAIMER: If you're the addictive type, DO NOT READ ON.

Here's the thing...There's only a handful of people I know that ride both street & track and the rest (100+) all track their bike once they've been bitten by the track bug.

Here's the reason behind that...after a trackday/race the adrenaline (a.k.a. fix) stays in your system for a good two to three weeks. In addition, your body needs time to recoup from exhaustion/soreness/etc. so the need to ride on the street isn't really there.

The worse part of tracking is once the "fix" wears off your body goes through withdrawals and all you could do is think about getting back on the track, not so much the street because the fix is VERY DIFFERENT between street riding and tracking/racing. Basically, street riding doesn't cut it. It's like trying to get the same effect from weed by smoking a cigarette which doesn't cut it. Btw, I don't condone the use of illegal drugs. The only drugs I do condone is "trackday/racing".

Other reason(s) why most do away with street riding is:

-Should we fall prey to an accident it just delays our chances of getting back on the track. And you know what happens when a druggie can't get his/her fix.

- We realize just how dangerous street riding is compared to the track

- Doesn't provide the same adrenaline (a.k.a. fix)

One thing new trackers need to understand is to never try to seek your fix on the streets. This is very dangerous if they do so! How you can tell if you're doing this? Simple...you'll speed, make aggressive passes/turns, try to drag knee, hang off,...basically mimic track riding on the streets. Attempting these riding moves on the streets is not only dangerous for you but it's also dangerous for other motorists/bystanders. Keep it on the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
5) No insurance / registration which will save me $80/month. That can go towards tracking!
Actually, keeping your insurance may be a good idea especially if you're insured with State Farm. Reason why is they will cover any damages to your bike should you crash on the track so long as it's not a timed event. Those who aren't with State Farm, check with your ins. co if damages on the track are covered.

Registering your bike as Non-OP may be a good idea although some ins. companies, should you insure it, do require current tags.

Quote:
Depends on how close you are to your local tracks, transporting a bike between tracks can be costly...
This is why you carpool. Save money on gas.

Quote:
...riding a single track all the time can get boring..
Whatever you're smoking please puff puff give. It'll never get boring because you're constantly working on your riding skills. There's just too many goals to achieve.

Quote:

option A : track + street
option B : only track

so A will always be costlier
Smart man!

Quote:
Pretty self explanatory. I'm seriously considering this. Anyone here gone track only? Did you regret it or miss riding on street?
I do sort of miss it but once I start thinking about the hassle of gearing up for a short ride to the store (I'm ATGATT), dealing with the heat/cold, dealing with cagers, the thought of being in survival mode all the time kinda takes all that fun away. So, no...I don't miss it when I think of those things.

To everyone: If you're in Southern California and have always thought about tracking your bike but don't have the resources (transportation/don't know how to track your bike/fear crashing your bike/etc.) hit me up. You can rent my one of my 250s for a trackday just so you can see what you're missing.

Old December 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #11
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

I ride sooooo slow on the streets now because everything freaks me out.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #12
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
DISCLAIMER: If you're the addictive type, DO NOT READ ON.

Here's the thing...There's only a handful of people I know that ride both street & track and the rest (100+) all track their bike once they've been bitten by the track bug.

Here's the reason behind that...after a trackday/race the adrenaline (a.k.a. fix) stays in your system for a good two to three weeks. In addition, your body needs time to recoup from exhaustion/soreness/etc. so the need to ride on the street isn't really there.

The worse part of tracking is once the "fix" wears off your body goes through withdrawals and all you could do is think about getting back on the track, not so much the street because the fix is VERY DIFFERENT between street riding and tracking/racing. Basically, street riding doesn't cut it. It's like trying to get the same effect from weed by smoking a cigarette which doesn't cut it. Btw, I don't condone the use of illegal drugs. The only drugs I do condone is "trackday/racing".

Other reason(s) why most do away with street riding is:

-Should we fall prey to an accident it just delays our chances of getting back on the track. And you know what happens when a druggie can't get his/her fix.

- Doesn't provide the same adrenaline (a.k.a. fix)

One thing new trackers need to understand is to never try to seek your fix on the streets. This is very dangerous if they do so! How you can tell if you're doing this? Simple...you'll speed, make aggressive passes/turns, try to drag knee, hang off,...basically mimic track riding on the streets. Attempting these riding moves on the streets is not only dangerous for you but it's also dangerous for other motorists/bystanders. Keep it on the track!

Actually, keeping your insurance may be a good idea especially if you're insured with State Farm. Reason why is they will cover any damages to your bike should you crash on the track so long as it's not a timed event. Those who aren't with State Farm, check with your ins. co if damages on the track are covered.

Registering your bike as Non-OP may be a good idea although some ins. companies, should you insure it, do require current tags.

This is why you carpool. Save money on gas.

Whatever you're smoking please puff puff give. It'll never get boring because you're constantly working on your riding skills. There's just too many goals to achieve.

Smart man!

I do sort of miss it but once I start thinking about the hassle of gearing up for a short ride to the store (I'm ATGATT), dealing with the heat/cold, dealing with cagers, the thought of being in survival mode all the time kinda takes all that fun away. So, no...I don't miss it when I think of those things.

To everyone: If you're in Southern California and have always thought about tracking your bike but don't have the resources (transportation/don't know how to track your bike/fear crashing your bike/etc.) hit me up. You can rent my one of my 250s for a trackday just so you can see what you're missing.
I can relate to every single point you made.

Thank you sir, well done. I'm more convinced than ever (like I needed any more convincing)

I'll check on the insurance thing. I did hear about this before but not sure if my insurance covers it.

And I totally agree. Chuckwalla is next on my schedule but I can't wait to go back to Buttonwillow and improve my time! I can probably go another 100 times and not get bored

Old December 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #13
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

No way in hell

Boy, and my old lady calls ME Mr. Opposite! Mother Nature has as much to do with riding for me as that 13 mile of country blacktop with 26 curves.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #14
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I think some of those reasons are why I haven't gone yet. I know part of the reason is that I really just can't afford it... but I also know that if I do it I'm going to get hooked and find street riding less desirable.

Either way Gurk, good luck in whatever you choose to do!!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #15
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
I think some of those reasons are why I haven't gone yet. I know part of the reason is that I really just can't afford it... but I also know that if I do it I'm going to get hooked and find street riding less desirable.

Either way Gurk, good luck in whatever you choose to do!!
Yup. So far, all of us in our social group agree that street riding isn't as much fun anymore

I hope u still go to track with us soon Dustin

Old December 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #16
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

After my first trackday, I immediately became a member at the track - which allows for at least one day a week dedicated to bikes. It is only a few bucks a month with each "event" costing $90 or less. Riding the streets on the ZX6R has lost some of its' appeal, but not all.

Old December 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #17
"A"
vampire

Cool

Quote:
Yup. So far, all of us in our social group agree that street riding isn't as much fun anymore
Speak for yourself, I have lots of fun riding on public roads near me.

If you take some time to reseach for time (of day) and places to ride near you; more than likely you would be able to find some decent roads with little traffic and LEO enforcement that allow you to have some 'fun' without the heavy overhead cost of track riding.

Luckily for me, 1/2 mile from my driveway is an empty office park with freshly paved 1.2 mi. loop with 6 turns and 3 sweepers, large empty parking lots that can easily accomodate autocross or moto gymkhana type competition.

Link to original page on YouTube.

If you think going to the track is the only way left to have 'fun' on two wheel, you're missing out, big time.

Rain day event for LEOs on Moto:

Old December 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #18
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Speak for yourself,
That's what i did! I said "our social group" meaning the guys I went there with that Dustin knows in person.

Anyway. At the moment, I'm not very interested in being able to do the stuff in your links. Maybe someday when I have a bike I can trash, I might! I do have a lot of respect for those guys. Not gonna be me any time soon tho.

Old December 19th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #19
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Anyway. At the moment, I'm not very interested in being able to do the stuff in your links. Maybe someday when I have a bike I can trash, I might! I do have a lot of respect for those guys. Not gonna be me any time soon tho.
Why does it have to be a bike that you can trash?

Moto gymkhana is something you can easily pratice and master without trashing any bike, all you need is an empty parking lot, some cones and time to ride.

Old December 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #20
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
gurk, im going to argue against a point you arent making just to argue with you. suck it.

not having to track prep a street bike every time is nice. you can get rid of a lot of things if you arent going to be on the street also. plus we all know your girlfriend confiscated your nuts so its understandable that you dont want to be on the street anymore.

that being said i still enjoy the street. theres nothing quite like the thrill of people actively trying to kill you. plus when you are on the track its a lot harder to "ride like a dick" since everyone is riding like dicks (in the good way)

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #21
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Why does it have to be a bike that you can trash?

Moto gymkhana is something you can easily pratice and master without trashing any bike, all you need is an empty parking lot, some cones and time to ride.
It's related to my abilities. I can tell I suck at slow speed control stuff. Sure you can practice but I really believe there's a greater chance of me trashing my bike practicing that than going to track and gun it.

It was a stab at my personal abilities. Or the lack of...

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #22
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
gurk, im going to argue against a point you arent making just to argue with you. suck it.
what's new?!

Quote:
not having to track prep a street bike every time is nice. you can get rid of a lot of things if you arent going to be on the street also. plus we all know your girlfriend confiscated your nuts so its understandable that you dont want to be on the street anymore.

that being said i still enjoy the street. theres nothing quite like the thrill of people actively trying to kill you. plus when you are on the track its a lot harder to "ride like a dick" since everyone is riding like dicks (in the good way)
yeaaah.. but how much thrill can you have on a 2.5 mile stretch?? not track that is. lol.

gf didn't confiscate anything. I just don't wanna be an ass and "do my own thing". At least for a year or so before she has her own friends here

Or maybe she'll get into it too who knows!

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #23
"A"
vampire

Quote:
It's related to my abilities. I can tell I suck at slow speed control stuff. Sure you can practice but I really believe there's a greater chance of me trashing my bike practicing that than going to track and gun it.

Self-control, one of the most important virtue to learn whether on the track or anywhere else in life.

Really, if you think you might have greater chance hurting yourself practicing Gymkhana, best of luck to you (and everyone else riding in your sessions) at the track, make sure you read the fine print before participating and understand the waivers.

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #24
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Speak for yourself, I have lots of fun riding on public roads near me.

If you take some time to reseach for time (of day) and places to ride near you; more than likely you would be able to find some decent roads with little traffic and LEO enforcement that allow you to have some 'fun' without the heavy overhead cost of track riding.

Luckily for me, 1/2 mile from my driveway is an empty office park with freshly paved 1.2 mi. loop with 6 turns and 3 sweepers, large empty parking lots that can easily accomodate autocross or moto gymkhana type competition.

If you think going to the track is the only way left to have 'fun' on two wheel, you're missing out, big time.

Rain day event for LEOs on Moto:

Plz post vid of yourself doing this.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #25
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
plus we all know your girlfriend confiscated your nuts so its understandable that you dont want to be on the street anymore.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #26
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Self-control, one of the most important virtue to learn whether on the track or anywhere else in life.

Really, if you think you might have greater chance hurting yourself practicing Gymkhana, best of luck to you (and everyone else riding in your sessions) at the track, make sure you read the fine print before participating and understand the waivers.
I've done nothing but respect your view and take your points with a level of maturity. People who know me can realize this is like a miracle.

But man seriously what's your deal? why would you assume that I'm dangerous to others in my sessions? I know I would suck at gymkhana because I suck at low speed maneuvers. How the hell does that make me dangerous at the friggin track where you rarely go slower than 60mph?

Why do you take it so personally that I don't have interest practicing gymkhana? I don't get my panties in a bunch when people say track is bs?

Anyway..

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #27
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
What's your gf make u do?

oh... right...

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #28
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I've done nothing but respect your view and take your points with a level of maturity. People who know me can realize this is like a miracle.

But man seriously what's your deal? why would you assume that I'm dangerous to others in my sessions? I know I would suck at gymkhana because I suck at low speed maneuvers. How the hell does that make me dangerous at the friggin track where you rarely go slower than 60mph?

Why do you take it so personally that I don't have interest practicing gymkhana? I don't get my panties in a bunch when people say track is bs?

Anyway..
You said it yourself:

Quote:

Gymkhana is not restricted at slow speed, but mastering lower speed maneuvers allow you to go fast, not the other way around.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #29
Gurk
Done here.

Alright it's a comprehension issue on your part

I'll leave it at that.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #30
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Alright it's a comprehension issue on your part

I'll leave it at that.
Leave it at whatever you want.

Restrict yourself to whatever riding you want, don't need anyone to justify or give you reasons why.

If you do, don't expect everyone to give you answers that you like.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #31
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
If you do, don't expect everyone to give you answers that you like.
I was perfectly content with your answer that wasn't in anyway confirming or reinforcing my thoughts on the topic. See? Like I said: Comprehension fail.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #32
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
What's your gf make u do?

oh... right...
She lets me ride my motorcycle whenever I want. Own whichever car I choose and not have to worry about getting her one. Hang out with whoever I want whenever I want doing whatever I want.

Yours?

Yours once she moves here?

Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #33
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I was perfectly content with your answer that wasn't in anyway confirming or reinforcing my thoughts on the topic. See? Like I said: Comprehension fail.
You think that track riding is going to be safer if you don't have confidence in your skills for slow riding maneuvers?

That's what I comprehend from you previous post, tell me I'm wrong.

Quote:

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
You think that track riding is going to be safer if you don't have confidence in your skills for slow riding maneuvers?

Post vid. I mean, for all we know you may have something here. I for one want to see what you're talking about and not from someone else's vid.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #35
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
She lets me ride my motorcycle whenever I want. Own whichever car I choose and not have to worry about getting her one. Hang out with whoever I want whenever I want doing whatever I want.

Yours?

Yours once she moves here?

imaginary gf's don't count.

neither real or imaginary boyfriends

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #36
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:

Yes I believe my track riding although nowhere near at a level I'd like it to be, is way above parking lot maneuvers. It's a TOTALLY different skill set. It's like saying someone is an amazing stunter just cause they have fastest lap times. It's retarded logic.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #37
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I still love street riding, i still love to just jump on my bike and ride near the beach or just go places. I do speed but not to get the thrill i do at the track just because i always speed. I hate artificial speed limits.

jus ge race plastics then if you miss it you can just put your street plastics back on to ride street.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #38
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I still love street riding, i still love to just jump on my bike and ride near the beach or just go places. I do speed but not to get the thrill i do at the track just because i always speed. I hate artificial speed limits.

jus ge race plastics then if you miss it you can just put your street plastics back on to ride street.
True Jeff. It's not like I can't go back if I miss it so much eh?

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #39
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Yes I believe my track riding although nowhere near at a level I'd like it to be, is way above parking lot maneuvers. It's a TOTALLY different skill set. It's like saying someone is an amazing stunter just cause they have fastest lap times. It's retarded logic.
AFAIK, your logic is retarded; thinking that parking lot speed maneuvers is 'TOTALLY different skill set' or does not relate to your track riding skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
Post vid. I mean, for all we know you may have something here. I for one want to see what you're talking about and not from someone else's vid.
I don't feel the need to justify anything for you sake, nor did I post any vid. of mine for anyone. You assume those videos of me? that's just naive.

I rather be focused on riding then to worry about getting myself on video.

Old December 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #40
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
AFAIK, your logic is retarded; thinking that parking lot speed maneuvers is 'TOTALLY different skill set' or does not relate to your track riding skills.

I don't feel the need to justify anything for you sake, nor did I post any vid. of mine for anyone. You assume those videos of me? that's just naive.

I rather be focused on riding then to worry about getting myself on video.
You're right this is exactly how I ride on track.. then I get smashed by a guy going 140 mph through my bike and my body.

Practicing track will make me better at track which is becoming my passion as far as motorcycling goes. Practicing above is not my interest at the moment. Why is this so hard to accept ? You keep doing it all the power to you!