ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #41
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Deb, for me it's because my hands are tiny and it was a long reach that was causing ligament strain that was painful - now I don't have any problems with it

Old October 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #42
darkknight49
ninjette.org member

Name: Faiyaz

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 Ninja 250

man, i wish i had a garage right now. Then I'd be able to do a lot of the mods i want.

Old October 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #43
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Not sure if you mentioned this or not but how much did you pay for those? I'm in the market for some levers.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #44
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight49 View Post
man, i wish i had a garage right now. Then I'd be able to do a lot of the mods i want.
No garage needed for the pazzo install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Not sure if you mentioned this or not but how much did you pay for those? I'm in the market for some levers.
Motomummy probably has the best deal:
http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=357

Bought all my levers(except one) from corey. Still makes me smile to see my yellow bike on that page....
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #45
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Am I reading this right? One size fits all?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #46
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Are you reading what right?

Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM   #47
craha
ninjetter

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Felt I should add a warning to this thread. I just installed my Pazzo shortys and broke the pin of the Starter Lockout Switch. It's located under a tab on the clutch lever base. It is very small and clearly more delicate than I thought. I wasn't being careful enough I guess... Anybody know how much this part goes for? Any thoughts?
craha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:25 PM   #48
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craha View Post
Anybody know how much this part goes for? Any thoughts?
Bummer!

They sell for 20 bucks.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM   #49
craha
ninjetter

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get around to replacing that soon. I'm in no hurry though as it's not a critical part. Having too much fun playing with the setting on the new levers!
craha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM   #50
Mr_Pete
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Just picked up a set of these for my fiancé for Christmas. I was up in the air about shorties vs. regulars and ended up going with the regulars. Hope she'll like them.
Mr_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #51
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pete View Post
Just picked up a set of these for my fiancé for Christmas. I was up in the air about shorties vs. regulars and ended up going with the regulars. Hope she'll like them.
Nice stocking stuffer

Old September 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #52
Dino
ninjette.org member

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by craha View Post
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get around to replacing that soon. I'm in no hurry though as it's not a critical part. Having too much fun playing with the setting on the new levers!
It's a good thing you mentioned this because I wouldn't have remembered about this piece. Does anyone know what it's function is for and is it really necessary to drive the bike? I heard a snapping sound while installing the levers and could not for the life of me figure it out until I came upon this note. Sure enough when I checked under there, I saw that the little plastic rod that was sticking out was broken off.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM   #53
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Name: snowsoldier

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r - yoshi slip-on, fender-elim, Pazzo levers, Pro-bolt gold mods, b-monkey ITL, SSR hanger/spools

hey, what kind of torque wrench did you use??? is it completely necessary? I do not own one, and dont want to drop 80 bucks on a brand new one considering i just paid for these levers

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
snowsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM   #54
kkim

for this, I wouldn't think so. The pivot bot already threads into the clutch perch and the nut on the end acts as a lock nut to the pivot bolt once it's assembled. Add the fact that the nut is a locking type nut, already, I highly doubt the pivot pin will back out. What I do suggest is that after the pivot bolt is installed (just snug it down) install the lock nut and tighten the nut so it just snugs the clutch perch and then back that nut off just a smidgen (perhaps 1/16 of a turn).

the clutch lever should be nice and free feeling as it pivots once you're done. Don't forget to grease the pivot bolt w/ some grease when you assemble it, along w/ some grease on the end of the clutch cable so the cable barrel pivots freely in the clutch lever.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM   #55
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r - yoshi slip-on, fender-elim, Pazzo levers, Pro-bolt gold mods, b-monkey ITL, SSR hanger/spools

thank you very much,

Heading outside to put em' on! cant wait!

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM   #56
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

not sure how tight 52 inch-lbs is, so I just tightened it firm, will this do?

(for the brake lever)

Old April 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM   #57
kkim

52in/lbs~ 4ft/lbs.... like I said, just snug. The caution is that you don't want to over tighten it and deform the clutch perch by squeezing it together. deforming it could cause the lever to bind in the perch.

Old April 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM   #58
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Then you should loosen the knurled locknut (larger clutch nut) by turning it towards the rear cowling. You want to screw in the adjuster towards the lever to give it as much play as possible. Once it is all the way in, align the slots in the knurled locknut and the adjuster nut with the slot in the backside of the lever. I found that it was easier to lift the lever off and flip it over, then do this.

having troubles, i have removed the 8mm bolt and loosened the knurled clutch nut

Old April 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM   #59
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsoldier View Post

having troubles, i have removed the 8mm bolt and loosened the knurled clutch nut
... and??

have you seen this DIY? pics might help you with your problem.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10016

Old April 1st, 2011, 10:29 PM   #60
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

all done, they look sweet. i love em

Old April 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #61
Koz2010
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mario

I'm wondering if anyone can help...I installed the brake lever without any problem. Then when I went to do the clutch side I ran into a problem. The 8mm nut underneath spins the whole bolt when turned. I've tried holding the bolt in place with vice grips so it doesn't spin and then tried to undo the nut... and nothing. The nut just spins in place... any ideas on how to get it off?
Koz2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #62
kkim

sounds like someone stripped the threads on the bolt by over tightening the nut. used bike?

to get the nut off, try applying some pressure to the nut while backing it off by wedging a flat blade screwdriver between the nut and the clutch perch.

Old April 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #63
Koz2010
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
sounds like someone stripped the threads on the bolt by over tightening the nut. used bike?

to get the nut off, try applying some pressure to the nut while backing it off by wedging a flat blade screwdriver between the nut and the clutch perch.
Yea, it's a used bike. I don't know why someone would've took the lever off before though as it doesn't look like it's been dropped. I'll try the screwdriver idea but first I'm going to have to go buy a new bolt and nut so that I can put it back together after. Thanks
Koz2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #64
kkim

just be aware that's not a normal bolt, but has a long section of it that's non threaded so the lever can pivot on it. only place to get one would be the dealer or online OEM parts supplier. You should be able to reuse the original nut if you can get it off easily with the screwdriver trick.

If I had to guess, they tried tightening up the clutch lever nut to stop the clutch lever rattle that's inherent on these bikes and over tightened it to the point of stripping the threads on the bolt.

try taking it off and see what's up. You may be able to reuse both the nut and bolt.

Old July 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #65
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Just installed my pazzos yesterday...they look and feel great. I'll put some pics up soon.

I have them set all the way to 6...I have large hands and long fingers so any lower and when I go to grab the lever my fingers will kind of hit the lever. At the 6 setting I can go from the handle to the grip very smoothly and don't have to worry about getting my fingers out from underneath the lever.