ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Online Business Systems?

Ok, my gut instinct was that this is just another scam or some form of B.S., but my brother (someone I trust personally) sent this article to me, it's not like some crap that ended up in my spam folder.

http://workngetlive.net/business-news-all/index.html

It seems very fishy and I couldn't find much about OBS online.

You order this form online for $10. This form has no information whatsoever beside some testimonials on how people made money. Furthermore, it asks you to pay $400 before you get any real info (super iffy).

(I felt really optimistic about this and ordered it) [I know] I didn't pay the $400, thogh. just the initial form.

Then, I learned from a Youtube video, you get an email from a coach and become an "independent distributors" for a company called Herbalife. Aside from that, I have no idea what I may be getting into.

Old March 18th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Ok, my gut instinct was that this is just another scam or some form of B.S.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #3
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Well on the bright side Herbalife is actually a legitimate business of health care products. They do all sales through independent distributors. Some people are nay-sayers about Herbalife an they are entitled to their opinion. I have met people face to face that have used their products and ended up being able to get off of like 17 out of the 20 meds they were taking and no longer suffering from the usual side affects of diabetes and the associated meds for it. So it's up to you how you want to approach it.

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Well on the bright side Herbalife is actually a legitimate business of health care products. They do all sales through independent distributors. Some people are nay-sayers about Herbalife an they are entitled to their opinion. I have met people face to face that have used their products and ended up being able to get off of like 17 out of the 20 meds they were taking and no longer suffering from the usual side affects of diabetes and the associated meds for it. So it's up to you how you want to approach it.
I mean, the part that confuses me (and really got my attention actually) is the whole idea of working at home which the article suggests seemingly. But what I'm getting from this is that you need to sell products. A person who did sign up for this said on Youtube that she was given pamphlets in her package they sent her to hand out to potential customers I suppose.

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #5
sombo

Quote:
I mean, the part that confuses me (and really got my attention actually) is the whole idea of working at home which the article suggests seemingly. But what I'm getting from this is that you need to sell products. A person who did sign up for this said on Youtube that she was given pamphlets in her package they sent her to hand out to potential customers I suppose.
Yes, you are the person that deals with and gets customers into the Herbalife family. There are plenty of ways to do it. You can do it over the phone, face to face, or online with your own website. You get the orders and process them into Herbalife, then they send the ordered products either to you or directly to the customer.

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Yes, you are the person that deals with and gets customers into the Herbalife family. There are plenty of ways to do it. You can do it over the phone, face to face, or online with your own website. You get the orders and process them into Herbalife, then they send the ordered products either to you or directly to the customer.
ok, that make sense I guess. Sounds exactly like what my mom does with Avon products lol. But I guess you really have to bust your ass to make the kind of money shown in the article. Which would probably mean she doesn't actually work 10-13 hours or work at home the entire time. Who knows. Maybe it's possible with social media today. it's not what you know, it's who you know kind of deal. =/

Old March 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #7
sombo

Quote:
ok, that make sense I guess. Sounds exactly like what my mom does with Avon products lol.
It's exactly like Avon and Amway really. I still say that their (this goes for all 3 of them) "networking" setup still looks like the illegal pyramid setups. However, these are considered legal and have been around for quite some time making billions. So I guess if the law doesn't consider them pyramids, who am I to argue?

Old March 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #8
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

It's totally legit bro.

Old March 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #9
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

It may be legit(ish), but there is no way you would make close to that much money.

If it was true, why aren't thousands of other people doing it?

My friend was roped into something like this and lost like 100 bucks for something that in reality was just a guide (and not a good one at that)
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #10
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBudd View Post
It may be legit(ish), but there is no way you would make close to that much money.

If it was true, why aren't thousands of other people doing it?

My friend was roped into something like this and lost like 100 bucks for something that in reality was just a guide (and not a good one at that)
yea that's exactly what this sounds like

Old March 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #11
sombo

It can be done if you work the system and grow a large network. It's the same with Avon and Amway, and with all 3 people have made good money. And there are thousands of people doing all 3 of these. All 3 companies rely on those networks and all 3 companies are worth billion because of it. Can it be done? yes. Is it going to be easy? not really.

Old March 24th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #12
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Herbalife like Amway , Melaleuca and a dozen other direct sales companies sells premium product at premium price. The $400 is for a kit...a basic assortment of what they sell. Getting $10 for the letter is a teaser to test your interest, getting $400 reels you in because...hey...you just sunk $400 into something, you gotta get some money out of this deal. And that's their guarantee that you'll at least give it a try. Personally...I know guys who were pulling down $100k+ in Amway....a lot less in Melaleuca and as for as Herbalife...I dont personally know anyone who sells it any more...but that's just me. I'm not suggesting it's a bad move, just offering my knowledge of direct sales.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote