rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
But what was on your front cam?
He's on a Rosso II front and I doubt he'll ever admit it but after I recommended the IRC rear he actually went I bought a brand new one for his bike I know crazy right.

But if a 300 rider ever asks me in person I'll tell them the IRC is crap and they should upgrade to rosso's ASAP. I'll also offer my cheap tire mounting service and free disposal of the rear tire(on my bike for the next 7k miles )
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #43
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Seriously, in your canyon riding, what speeds are you turning at? I end up on many "supermoto" roads, broken, tight, twisting, elevation changes mid corner. When ground down to the 20-40 MPH max turn speeds, the IRC were dead on the wheel, and gave zero feedback. On faster sweeping turns at 50-80 MPH they seemed OK but they weren't being pushed either. On the street I'll push the tires far harder at lower speed turns.

Who is running an IRC on the track?
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #44
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
Seriously, in your canyon riding, what speeds are you turning at? I end up on many "supermoto" roads, broken, tight, twisting, elevation changes mid corner. When ground down to the 20-40 MPH max turn speeds, the IRC were dead on the wheel, and gave zero feedback. On faster sweeping turns at 50-80 MPH they seemed OK but they weren't being pushed either. On the street I'll push the tires far harder at lower speed turns.

Who is running an IRC on the track?
you obviously haven't seen my videos and Cameron's the only decently paced rider who's used it at the track and liked it. Please note only the rear IRC tire is what we're saying is good. I've yet to retest the 250 sized rear without the front so I won't promote it. I will say the front IRC is crap and that's why everyone think the set is crap, when all the negative feedback is coming from only the front.

Cam is using a Rosso II front and I'm on 600-1000cc race bike takeoffs in the front. I run whatever brand race tire in the front I can get for free or cheap because in the street even at my pace I'm never near the tires limit. On the track I use a Rosso II rear and a Michelin pilot one 17-120/70 front.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #45
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Got ya. If you get a chance, give the Duro HF918 a try on the street. I went thru a set of Conti Force super moto tires on my 300, same ones I run on my KTM sumoto wheels, and then tried the Duros. I have pushed them in parking lot turn drills and they aren't bad. I haven't spooned any on the sumoto, yet. Not sure I trust them under that bike at its level of power and braking.

I'll probably try them anyway. They smoke the IRC in feel. Cold they get greasy and I have them pretty much destroyed at 4000 miles, same as the Contis which should have been changed far earlier. They are my go to tire for the Ninja now. $130 a pair delivered.
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #46
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Hate to be that guy but... IRC on the back.... And I was stuffing 600s in B
just because there's someone worse than you doesn't mean IRCs are good tires. i've ridden track with an irc rear. bt45 rear, an 003 rear, a rosso rear, a michelin rear, i think i had a dunlop at one point.

anyway, for performance use the irc tire is a piece of ****.

Old December 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #47
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Wait I never said they were good tires. On the front it would be terrible. These bikes don't make enough hp to spin up the rear even with the irc. I just put the ninja 300 irc on the rear and I haven't noticed any issues with it. The only thing it doesn't do so well is under hard braking it won't stay in line like the Rosso II. But that was under super extreme conditions. It simply doesn't have the outright grip. But the feel while transitioning and all of that, it's fine.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #48
80MPHdownhill
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Yes, please.

At 2,500 miles, my rear has noticeable wear on it. There's no way it will make it to 7,500.
80MPHdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #49
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i like the bt45s

45 front irc rear would be a good combination
I agree, the bt45 is my favorite tire. I've even had them on at the track and they stuck fine...until I hit the rumbles leaned over. Oops.

the 003s are good too but the center wears too quickly for street riding.

I just bought a new bike and before taking it out of the shop, I had them take the IRCs off and replace them 45s. I have to be able to trust my tires and my bike to enjoy riding.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #50
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
until I hit the rumbles leaned over.
yeah i've had that issue a lot going through chicanes. like at chuckwalla there are little chicanes before and after the front straight. i'm always hitting that inside curb. you have to drop your body down quick by pushing the bike up when this happens (not using the steering), like a real sudden hook turn almost. it buys you about 10 feet which by then you're past the gator teeth hopefully (if you hit them at apex) and you can catch traction again then slowly bring your body up to a reasonable position. one time i almost fell off the bike doing that. if you watch todd grice, he does this with a lot of weight put on his dragging leg... you can watch him lowside and prop the bike up with his leg multiple times a lap. you see his leg after he gets off and not only are his knee pucks scraped up, so's his shins, and boots, and toes. pretty gnarl

Old December 20th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #51
perplexed
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R..... BLUE, 2000 Kawasaki W650

heard of Pilot Street Radials??

Anyone heard of the Michelin Pilot Street Radials? I can't seem to find any decent info on them except that they were compared to Pirelli Demons and they last longer and are more grippy, allegedly.

I just had my IRC original replaced with one today afte 17,000km. Too much touring with gear on too many straight roads flattened off the tyre considerably. Could have done another 5000km easy, but was less and less sure about the tyres.

This is my first ever new tyre. WOW, what a feeling!
From a flattened off rear tyre to a fresh one, so many differences that were noticeable. Softness was first noticed, then steering ability.
Gotta take it easy for the first 60km. I did notice a little movement when going through some small roundabouts. Fresh undies not required though

Now i really want to replace the IRC front tyre!
perplexed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #52
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

They haven't released those yet in the US, as far as I know.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM   #53
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by perplexed View Post
Anyone heard of the Michelin Pilot Street Radials?
Check out this thread. They only became available in the US late September and Revzilla started carrying them in November. You are probably the first forum member though that has any first hand experience with them. It would be great if you could update that thread with your impressions on the tire as you get more experience with them and even if you decide to go with the front tire

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM   #54
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM   #55
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
yeah i've had that issue a lot going through chicanes. like at chuckwalla there are little chicanes before and after the front straight. i'm always hitting that inside curb. you have to drop your body down quick by pushing the bike up when this happens (not using the steering), like a real sudden hook turn almost. it buys you about 10 feet which by then you're past the gator teeth hopefully (if you hit them at apex) and you can catch traction again then slowly bring your body up to a reasonable position. one time i almost fell off the bike doing that. if you watch todd grice, he does this with a lot of weight put on his dragging leg... you can watch him lowside and prop the bike up with his leg multiple times a lap. you see his leg after he gets off and not only are his knee pucks scraped up, so's his shins, and boots, and toes. pretty gnarl

That sounds nuts, but whatever a person can safely pull off

Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM   #56
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

I have no problems with the rear IRC just the front tire. I am on the 2nd rear, a nail destroyed the first one and I got plenty of tread left on the rear.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #57
perplexed
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R..... BLUE, 2000 Kawasaki W650

its been a while... street radial update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
Check out this thread. They only became available in the US late September and Revzilla started carrying them in November. You are probably the first forum member though that has any first hand experience with them. It would be great if you could update that thread with your impressions on the tire as you get more experience with them and even if you decide to go with the front tire
I ended up going with the matching front tyre too. The lovely rear wheel just highlighted how bad the front wheel was. Night and day vs stock tyres. A lot more grip and (for lack of a better word) feel.
I ride to commute (30km round trip), and do the odd run out through the hills, but twisties are non existent in Western Australia.
In the end, the choice was made for me by the local kawi dealer. There was no other option apart from shipping tyres in from the east coast and paying an extra $100+ for the privilege. Super happy with the tyres.

I recently forked out for new tyres on the W650, but that was because they were 15years old. I'll soon be parting with the W and heading back to the ninja as my only ride.
perplexed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #58
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

There's nothing wrong with IRC's....If your just commuting.Outside of that, it's not the tire you want. I have PSR's it's not the best but way better. Why waste time and money buying an inadequate bias-ply tire when there are other options in the same price bracket.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote