Notices

Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - 5 Great Motorcycle Campsite Essentials

Gear
Don't get caught without these fireside fundamentals!

Camping. Motorcycles. What else do you need? Well, these 5 items, to start with!

Click here for full story...

Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:05 AM   #2
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Instead of the Windburner stove I would recommend the MSR Whisperlite. It runs off of gasoline and the one liter bottle can be used as spare fuel for your bike in an emergency.

But otherwise a good list.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:15 AM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I just went on a 3-day motorcycle camping trip and took one of these. After I saw the video I had to get one, and it worked great. I also took a similarly compact lantern.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:09 PM   #4
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I just went on a 3-day motorcycle camping trip and took one of these. After I saw the video I had to get one, and it worked great. I also took a similarly compact lantern.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Those are a inexpensive little stove (just checked Amazon and you can get 2 for $16 shipped), For that price I'll pick up a couple. But you make up for it in gas costs. And you have to find the gas bottles. (Edited to add: Just found out that Walmart has the smaller cans of gas for $5)

The Whisperlite International will run on just about any flammable liquid (white gas, auto gas, kerosene, diesel, and with an easy mod alcohol). But it's a $100 stove.

But for the cost and weight of those little butane stoves it's worth it to pick one up to have as a spare or if you are someplace where the butane gas cylinders are easy to come by.

Last futzed with by VaFish; September 24th, 2017 at 05:20 AM.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2017, 06:30 AM   #5
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
But you make up for it in gas costs. And you have to find the gas bottles. (Edited to add: Just found out that Walmart has the smaller cans of gas for $5)
I got an adapter so I can use the squatty 16.4 oz. propane cans. I refill them from 20 lb. tanks. It gets pretty tall using that size tank, but it worked fine.

The cheap little stoves are also available with the burner made to sit on a table, and a hose to the fuel bottle. I thought about getting one of those, but it's not as ridiculously small when folded up.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote