Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old September 10th, 2022, 07:25 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

KLR Wiring Fun

I threw them out already, but the KLR lights have some rubber boots to help when it goes down. Giving some flex to avoid breaking them. We'll, they don't last in the sun, as you would imagine. My rears started to crack and tear. It got me to hop on Amazon and get aftermarket LEDs.

I also got the resistors to keep my relay from going nuts. Just installed them today (been off the road for the last two weeks (rain has kept me from working on it).

I had it in pieces for an air filter replacement, chain replacement, and turn signals. I made new brackets out of spare aluminum flat bar I had.

Well, now it is good to go! Finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220910_092001-01.jpg (102.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20220817_174859-01.jpg (127.5 KB, 1 views)

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2022, 09:19 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

According to RyanF9 on Fortnine, the degrading turn signal stalk rubber warranted a recall.

Can’t recall which of these two videos it was so here are both:
https://youtu.be/rvGZS5fqxrk
https://youtu.be/W7upTCN3M4s

You probably could’ve got them replaced for free!

A lot of the rubber on early EX250J/K bikes rots too… and it doesn’t require sunlight. For example, all but two of the wellnuts that are visible with all the plastics mounted would rot. The two exposed ones literally had a different part number despite being the same specs, so Kawasaki must have known. The rotted ones were all rotted within a year even without seeing sunlight. They have since updated the catalog so it only references the better part number that doesn’t rot. Still, my trip reset and clutch cable boots repeatedly rotted. I wore out and replaced the shift lever rubber too.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 15th, 2022, 01:27 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Good o'l KLR ! just be sure you do the doo-hicky replacement and don't believe the B.S. they say about they fixed it....they didn't ! even on the latest models it's still prone to brakeage !
and while your at it put in that other thermostat kit they always rave about ! it is really supposed to stop all kinds of problems from cropping up (like warped cylinder and smoking !out the kazoo!) (thermobob I think it is)
the KLR is the GO FOREVER Beast of the bike world ! but you have to maintain it !
lower it so you can touch the ground flat footed ! Tippy toes is not viable in the dirt !
and as far as turn signals go I got some of the same kind on my 250 Ninja.... and broke one already ....luckily I got 8 of them ! LOL

Bob.......

Old November 19th, 2022, 06:55 PM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

I can practically flat foot it stock ��

Old November 24th, 2022, 05:06 AM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL I hear that alot.... it's no big deal I can touch with the balls of my feet etc.etc.
push your bike backwords in uneven ground while sitting astride it if you can...
it is more important than most people realise that you can at LEAST touch flat footed with both feet at a stop sign ! ...NO REALLY ! ....I know you get used to it.... but it's still not safe for you or your machine ! stopping a top heavy machine from falling over is hard enough.... give it 15 more degrees of movement before your foot firmly connects to the ground to arrest that movement makes it 5 times as hard !.... my big heavy RX4
would just keep going to the ground ! so I lowered it to flat footed while sitting on it and I haven't dropped it sense.... seat height is something no one considers... but it should be one of the first things for safety reasons ! ...it's not nice to be spit off your bike in traffic waiting for the signal to change....your a danger to everyone around you....all because of seat height..... it's silly I tell ya ! Plane silly !
Bob.......

Old November 24th, 2022, 03:28 PM   #6
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

My heels are only maybe 1/2 off the ground. It isn't bad