ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Picked up some new gear the other day!

I should get my gloves by the end of this week from the dealer and my jacket by the 18th according to the SPTG guy. I'm pretty excited and will let you guys know what I think about them as soon as I can get them on my filthy skin :P

Last futzed with by Falcor; January 20th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16

Your legs deserve something good as well........
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

I knowwwww, I knowwwww. I'm just having a hard time finding something practical in the two seasons we have, It's either hot all the time in summer or damn chilly when winter comes. Plus there is the matter of whether it's something i can easily put over my pants and stow when I get to work or if I need to pack some pants or leave some at work to change into when i'm there. Preferably i'd like a slim fit because that's what i'm the most comfortable in, which would probably bring me to leather pants, but if I do that i want ones that would zip into my jacket and Dainese's leather pants are just as much as the jackets, in this case more than my jacket since I got it for such a low price!

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #4
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
I knowwwww, I knowwwww. I'm just having a hard time finding something practical in the two seasons we have, It's either hot all the time in summer or damn chilly when winter comes. Plus there is the matter of whether it's something i can easily put over my pants and stow when I get to work or if I need to pack some pants or leave some at work to change into when i'm there. Preferably i'd like a slim fit because that's what i'm the most comfortable in, which would probably bring me to leather pants, but if I do that i want ones that would zip into my jacket and Dainese's leather pants are just as much as the jackets, in this case more than my jacket since I got it for such a low price!

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

After some searching I actually found some textile offered from Dainese with pants to jacket fastening.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-textile-pants

I'll definitely put this on my list of things to get ASAP

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #6
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

O I quite like those! And they look fairly slim too

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Indeed, with what looks like maybe just enough room to wear my pants underneath in normal temperatures possibly.

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #8
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Indeed, with what looks like maybe just enough room to wear my pants underneath in normal temperatures possibly.
You are quite literally speaking my mind tonight mate! A very important point for me personally is being able to wear my normal jeans/pants underneath! Especially for going to work!

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Haha, and at the very least I have my Ogio backpack that I can throw my pants into if I can't since i'll be taking classes after work and will be bringing my laptop etc. Just having air flow as well as protection is a good enough reason at this point, mainly because I have a tendency to get hot easily so leather pants have always been iffy for me. But that probably has to do with me not drinking enough water sometimes.

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #10
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

I have the new drake airs, they are pretty tight fitting. I doubt fitting pants under them as they are quite fitted (not to get your hopes down or anything). Only thing I didn't like is I can't wear my boots on the inside of them. Probably will be trying the rev'it tornado pants next, they seem slim but still roomy enough to fit boots under them or a pair of pants.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #11
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Quote:
Consider textile overpants with leg-long zippers: easy put-on and take-off wearing working pants + boots.

It works for me in Florida.

Old January 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #12
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Hmmm, what about these over pants from Alpinestar? Over pants and seem to still have a generally slim-ish fit with good air flow. I wish other brand pants had the option to swap the zipper or at least some belt loops so I could put something like this on them.

Old January 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Do a research on overpants; there are mesh, textile and leather (check Cyclegear and Leatherup).

In order to function as overpants, they must have some length of side zippers (specially if you don't want to remove your boots).

I can recommend these, one of which comes with connectors to any jacket (check "Our Two Cents" and click on the "View Larger Images" for details):

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...overpants.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...overpants.html

If you don't mind pre-owned quality gear, check this site:
http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #14
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Hmmm, those three have a lot more room than I'll ever need and will flap around on my legs which isn't any fun. I'm a very slim guy so those alpinestar's I linked earlier are probably going to be my best bet, I found the two cents on them from the site you referred me too though and they liked them, aside from the sizing puzzle that is alpinestar and that just going a size up of what I would normally fit into for pants will ensure the ability to wear full pants underneath without any problems.

Old January 7th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

I see.

The same site has a description of the Alpinestars sizing chart:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/info_p...pinestars.html