Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #41
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
You'd think, with FL being one of the biggest bike places on the planet, that the city would be more amenable to making appropriate changes. Of course, I think it might be too much to expect asking that our "leaders" do the right thing....

If you were responding to my earlier post then I think you might be a little confused. FL has it in law that if a motorcyclist is at a light for 3 minutes w/o it changing you are allowed to proceed when safe.

My post about the prejudice cops was in response to frugalninja and how Texas is seemingly treating motorcycles. It seems that in his area their laws state that the light MUST respond to a motorcycle being there, but many don't. Also that the cops don't care if this is the case and will regularly bust a motorcycle who goes regardless of how long they may have waited for a light to change. He posted that he had spoken to several cops and their responses were very anti-motorcycle in nature. He also stated that the local governments are not taking care of the illegal lights.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote