Old April 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #1
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact

http://www.metzeler.com/site/de/prod...Sportecm5.html

Anyone running these tires? After a closer inspection of the stock IRC's on my KLX, the 5 year old tires were showing some pretty nasty cracks on the sidewalls from dry rot. That, combined with the fact that they were IRC's was enough reason to order some new tires.

Knobby tires kill the SM look to me, and It's too much fun throwing this bike around on the street, so I went for some nice sticky tires. Had the coupon codes from motorcycle superstore so I got 5% off of Dunlop, Metzeler, Michelin, or Pirelli. I was looking at the Diablo Rosso II's, but reivews of the Metzeler said it was the best tire "evar" so I decided to give it a try.

Here's a pic, only have the front still waiting on the rear. 120/70-17 and 150/60-17 are the sizes I'll be running, also I'll be running them with tubes if that makes any difference.

I'll give an update once I get the tires mounted...

Last futzed with by ninjamunky85; April 18th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2
TheDementedDrummer
Present. Somewhat.

Name: Neel

Motorcycle(s): 2012 KTM Duke 200, 2011 Ninja 250r, 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2014 Kawasaki ZX10r

Yeah, i have these on the Ninjette, a 120 in the front and a 150 in the back.
Oh, i'm also running these on the Monster, and i can tell you, they grip like hell around corners.
Not as much as the Rossos, but still a lot a grip.
Hope this helps

Old April 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #3
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Finally got the tires mounted today. Changing them was kind off a PITA, but I wouldn't let them beat me. Ha ha... anyway I think they look sweet, and are definitely an improvement over the stock IRC's.

Plenty of clearance for the 150 in back.

Overall I'm really happy with them so far. I doubt I'll have any problems. The bigger tires do feel a little more stable and still plenty quick to turn.

P.S. This pic was taken with maybe 5 miles on the tires. I started to push the bike harder later into the ride and the tires felt very stable when leaned over.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote