ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:10 AM   #1
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Boot Dents

I've noticed the mention of "boot denting" merging cars in a recent thread.... question is how do you go about laying one down without throwing yourself off balance, having them get your plate #, chasing u down with road rage, etc. I've yet to do it, but have been soooo tempted! What's your "boot" story?
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM   #2
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

My only boot story is putting one down on the ground to right the bike when the rear tire is sliding across a slippery part of the road. Always try to keep my feet on the pegs, but sometimes the old dirt bike skills come back.

Now back to what you were asking, what if driver wasn't even road rage, but just panicked from thud and swerved into you rather than away from you.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM   #3
dowmace
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

I had a man in a truck almost halfway into my lane about a week ago and he still hadn't noticed me even though I was on the horn and I was running 8k rpm so I wasn't being quiet. There was a car in front of me and a car behind me. I didn't know what else to do so I kicked his door with my right foot, I just leaned a little to the right and gave it a smack with the toe of my boot just using my knee down to kind of slap my foot into the door, I had to do it twice before he saw me. Once he saw me though he looked more scared than me and mouthed "I'm sorry!" I'm just lucky he heard me kick his door the second time or I'd have been in the guardrail next

Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM   #4
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

I unfortunately have done this, more than once, in the same situations. I would be in the left lane heading North (2 lanes north and south w/ a left hand turn lane) and sure enough, as I would approach an intersection a car would start merging into to me from the right. Every time, the driver was actually BEHIND me, as in their drivers window was actually behind me a bit. Thats what drives me nuts. I have been in front of them and they STILL don't see. Anyway, I would realize they are coming over approaching an intersection, look up, Red light, stopped car in the Left hand turn lane so no escape there, if I brake they'll hit me, in a pinch, kick REALLY hard is what came to mind. LUCKILY it worked and I didn't go down. Now, 2 of them RAN the red light to get away, one sat at the intersection and wouldn't even look at me. I immediatly called the police everytime, told them what happened, what I did, and gave license #'s. Covered my bases. I don't know why it has happened almost exactly the same everytime, but I am SO AWARE of my surroundings approaching intersections now. I do not recommend doing this as it can throw you off balance and make you crash. I think as stated above, between Dirt Bike riding and Defensive Training, my instinct is to KICK..... Luckily it has worked...
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM   #5
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I just saw a Valkyrie that had a Fiamm (sp?) horn and when thats not enough one of those big freon horns. That thing is extremely loud.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

I wish I never have to hit a car with my boot but it might be the best solution sometime when they are too close.. I mean seriously what else can you do wif you're squished?

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM   #7
Center6701
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 04 Ex250

YEah i had a lady just start coming on over into my lane before when i was right next to her drivers side door. Lucly she noticed in time so that i didnt have to resort to kicking but i was sweating bullets for a min.
Center6701 is offline   Reply With Quote