ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Two wheeled pedal powered peeps...workout question

I am training for the BP MS150 again this year. In current form I can finish it, but, as with anything, I'd like to see improvement.

I have three bicycles. A fixie road bike, my road bike (Trek 1.5) and my mountain bike (Hardrock Sport 29er).

I know mountain bikes require more power and calories to push far. So I am wondering, should I practice on the heavier, higher rolling resistance, mountain bike on some decently long distances (like 30-40 mile rides)? Do you think that would help my power? Should I just mix it up and do road rides and rides on the mountain bike? Like endurance style and/or fun, sprinting, trail rides?

I'm just debating on how to train this year. I can crank out a much better average speed than I could last year, which is always nice. I just want to see a noticeable improvement between now and April 1. At that point I'm going to do easy training to allow my body to relax some and prepare for the ride.

Any inputs?

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #2
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Mark, Do you subscribe to Bicycling magazine? Every issue has training schedules, diets, excercises, etc. I have found them very helpful. They do great equipment evaluations and lots of other good stuff. Subscriptions are dirt cheap--you also get Mountain Biking in the package. Something worth looking into. Another approach is to get the Carmichael DVDs. Carmichael is Lance Armstrong's trainer. His stuff is good if you REALLY want to get competitive. For Club Rides and Charity Rides, Bicycling is your best bet.

Old November 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Yeah I have been ignoring those lately. Hahahaha

I'll pay a bit more attention to it and check some back issues. I just found out my 310XT will time my intervals for me. It will let me know when to go or when to rest. I'll give that a try.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote