ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 10th, 2015, 03:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Gino Rea returns to World Supersport

GINO Rea is to return to the World Supersport Championship with CIA Landlords Insurance PTR Honda team this season.

The 25-year-old Londoner is making his return to World Supersport from Moto2 after a three-year break. Rea is a former WSS race winner and Moto2 podium finisher after a difficult year last year in the MotoGP support class.

Unfortunately, Rea's return leaves South African Sheridan Morais without a ride for WSS.

Rea commented: "Getting a competitive bike and team in any Championship is absolutely vital. I want to win races again, so I spoke with CIA Landlords Insurance Honda and we agreed terms very quickly.

“We both share the same ambitions and that is to win races and a World Championship. I know how competitive the team is from racing against them in the past, so I'm confident that we can be at the front.

“It's been a long time since I've ridden a World Supersport machine so I can’t wait to get on the bike in Australia. I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead."

The official DWO tests at Phillip Island take place on February 16th-17th just before the first round on Friday 20th February at the same track. Rea will be joined by the core team of Riccardo Russo, Martin Cardenas and Kieran Clarke for the tests and race.

Related Content

Get down on your knees (and elbows)
Gino Rea injured in WSS QP1 (Crash sequence)
Buy a WSS ride for Ł300,000
Gino Rea - getting away with it
Chaz Davies wins again in WSS

Click here for full story...