ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

my first post, i have LED problems!

Okay so here is the story, a year ago i installed a hot bodies under tail on my 08 250r, at the time i replaced the relay to an el 12 cause thats what i read to do to get them to flash. everything works fine. now 1 year later i installed the proton flush mounts up front. All i get is the hazard flashing problem, so i did some research, found out i need the ep34 relay, so i installed one of those, same problem with the flashers. so i read some more, and find out i need to do the diode mod, so i bought one from modmy250. I install that, i still have the same flipping problem. What am i missing to get these things to work?? i wanna ride!
galaxysc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #2
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

yeah black to black yellow, yellow to green, all four come on and flash regardless of which way im switching it, the weird thing is even if i put my stock front signals back on and install everything the way it was before, i still get the same problems, so i cant even go back to stock blinkers cause all four flash, i checked the fuse, which is fine. so idk what it could be. ill double check the diode mod, but im pretty sure its good. i even went as far as running the ground for the diode mod directly to the battery so i know i have a good ground.

EDIT: diode mod seems perfectly good, harnesses plug in easy no pins are bent and no connectors are loose

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #3
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

yep solid green wire the one all the way to the right on top by the lock loop, i double checked that 3 times! idk why im having this problem

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
I am at a loss as well.

If a LED (any diode) is backwards it (usually) wont allow voltage to pass (there is minimum voltage that will start to cross). So I think we can safely rule that out.

If it were a short you should lose a fuse pretty quick (they are fairly fast burning). If the fuse was already blown you wouldnt have any blinkers. I think we can safely rule that out.

You validated the diode kit, so we should be able to rule that out.

You said that you installed the stock turn signals. How are you connecting the protons? I cut the lead off the stock to use that connector.

Do you have a multi-meter, especially one that shows continuity (or impedance) and maybe voltage.
i have one but its at work ill bring it home tomorrow, what should i check for?

Old June 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Make sure you grounded the right pin on the relay. You should have grounded the E pin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ep34.jpg (37.1 KB, 1 views)

Old June 4th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Btw welcome!
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #7
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Make sure you grounded the right pin on the relay. You should have grounded the E pin.
yep its the e pin that is grounded.

Old June 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #8
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

I think im just gonna go and redo everything and double check all connections and what not and see if it works, ill let you guys know tonight if it works out.

Old June 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #9
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Disconnect the integrate tail light and see if the protons still flash at the same time. Something is causing the circuit to bridge. If that still doesn't do it, it might be the diode kit. One of the diodes may have stopped working. You can check by just removing it and not connecting the wires back in. Then try the signals and see if they work. The dash light won't come on though.

Old June 5th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #10
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

You received the new relay I sell. I used to sell the ep34 and I still recommend that to people who need the relay that same day.

Old June 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #11
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Disconnect the integrate tail light and see if the protons still flash at the same time. Something is causing the circuit to bridge. If that still doesn't do it, it might be the diode kit. One of the diodes may have stopped working. You can check by just removing it and not connecting the wires back in. Then try the signals and see if they work. The dash light won't come on though.
i disconnected the small 3 pin connector in the diode kit, and left the 9 pin connected, the signals work fine now but no dash light. so does that mean the diode kit is bad? is there any way to contact the guy from modmy250 so i can get a replacement? i just bought this diode last week.

Old June 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #12
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Yep, just pm me your email.

Old June 10th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #13
galaxysc
ninjette.org member

i installed the new diode mod today, along with an integrated tail light and a strobing rear running light as well as another rear running/brake light, and everything works now! Thanks for the help guys! ill have to get some pics up soon.

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #14
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com