ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:13 PM   #1
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Shimming same with Jetkit Needles?

Hi all,

I just want to know is Shimming needles same with replace jetkit needles, cause from what I read both action to raise a needles.
I want to make sure this cause I want to buy FP for my 2012 ninja. And how about gas mile?.
For your info my bike running stock with slip on muffler, bike running great, smooth when I rev from low, but seems very light when I twist or roll on throtle from bottom. There is why I want to buy FP jetkit or shimming to make power on low end.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2013, 05:46 AM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Shimming with washers and adjusting the clip on the FP needles is basically the same thing. The FP needles will give you a little more range of adjustment as well as slightly finer adjustment. Plus you get the FP needle which has a different taper to it which makes getting the jetting right a little easier IMO.

not sure what you mean by "light" if you bike is rich it will bog down

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM   #3
vmax
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Shimming with washers and adjusting the clip on the FP needles is basically the same thing. The FP needles will give you a little more range of adjustment as well as slightly finer adjustment. Plus you get the FP needle which has a different taper to it which makes getting the jetting right a little easier IMO.

not sure what you mean by "light" if you bike is rich it will bog down

HiSubxero,

Thanks for your info, but how about mpg?. light mean when you roll on thortle not heavy.

Old August 1st, 2013, 08:22 AM   #4
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Raising the needle height mainly affects 1/4-3/4 throttle range (starts about 3k as the slides start to rise). Gas mileage decrease is tiny in this range. However keep in mind any time you add more fuel into combustion or twist the throttle more, MPG drops off.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/carbs101.pdf
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:49 PM   #5
vmax
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Raising the needle height mainly affects 1/4-3/4 throttle range (starts about 3k as the slides start to rise). Gas mileage decrease is tiny in this range. However keep in mind any time you add more fuel into combustion or twist the throttle more, MPG drops off.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/carbs101.pdf

Thanks DaBlue, so I will try to raise my needles to see improvement