Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow How To Avoid Drunk Drivers On a Motorcycle

http://rideapart.com/2013/12/how-to-...drunk-drivers/
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
if you're hit by a drunk driver they will definitely try to run, no doubt about it. try to get the plates when you call the cops they can go to the guys house and question him when he shows up about the damage to his car/lack of sobriety
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:01 PM   #3
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Drunk drivers ****ing suck

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #4
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I have lived in three different major geographic areas, and New England is by far the worst area I have lived for DUI. I'm sure other areas rival it, but I see by far more incidents reported in the news here than I have anywhere else in the country... maybe that's just the news media here? who knows.

Innocent people are routinely killed by DUI offenders, many of whom already have multiple infractions and/or have lost their license for DUI. Every weekend there are usually 2-3 deaths and/or accidents involving a drunk driver in the Boston area. In fact, my local news app shows one drunk driver who was just arrested after leaving the scene for killing a pedestrian, and another where a STATE TROOPER was arrested for crashing his car while drunk.

Avoidance is the best solution. I absolutely REFUSE to drive even in a car after about 10 pm here in New England on any night, let alone weekends and holidays. Hence, why I chose to live in areas I can walk to off-road public transportation. Walking requires utmost care, as drivers will run you over here, while sober, in the middle of the day, in a marked crosswalk, just because they're in a hurry to get somewhere.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #5
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Thumbs down

While most drunks are on the road in the late evening, I've seen obviously intoxicated drivers out at all hours, even the 7am commute.

I had a cousin killed by a drunk driver when she was 7, walking home from school. The drunk just plowed into her at a crosswalk and she was killed instantly. The driver was a repeat offender, and actually spent 4 years in prison for it.

Old May 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #6
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

4 years in prison.... for murdering a 7 year old.

I'm just lost at how insignificant the DUI penalties are in this country, it most certainly isn't a deterrent. It makes me so angry that people can be that selfish to drive while drunk.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #7
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Good read, I rarely ride too far after dark
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #8
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Good tips!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote