ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 18th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #1
kkim

Ninja 250 = Gateway Drug??

I'm just curious what you all think of your bikes. Do you plan to move up to a larger bike once you "get used to" the awesome 250 power and are ready to properly ride a "real" motorcycle?? Or do you feel this bike is the cat's pajamas and it is all the bike you will ever need for the rest of your life?

For me, I've moved from previous CBR 600s to this bike and cannot be happier. I like my new toy and think it will be with me for many years to come. I love working on and modding the bike just to get a bit more edge than what it currently has, but, for me, the real kicker is when I hit the twisties and am able to carve tight lines quickly and effortlessly compared to my previous bigger, heavier, more powerful bikes.

So, what say you? Does this bike satisfy the itch or is your ninja 250 merely a gateway drug for bigger, better, more??

I'm very interested to hear what you all feel. I'm relatively new to the board, but can see the average user here is a bit more mature (read older) and sensible.

thanks in advance for your opinion.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Great thread topic, Kelly. The ninjette isn't the only bike in our garage, and it wasn't our first bike. I wanted to get it for Annie when she was first learning, but she initially didn't like the feel of it and thought the seat was too high. So she started on a Buell Blast, which has a much lower seat height. After riding that for awhile, and upgrading to a Triumph Bonneville (which she thought was simply gorgeous! and I agreed), she found she wasn't riding much at all because the size and weight of the bike made it more work than fun. We agreed to sell her Bonnie, and the same day it sold I surprised her with a new ninjette in the garage (this was back in 2004) because I was pretty sure she'd like it a bit better now than when she first sat on one as a novice. Luckily, I was right, and now the ninjette felt great to her. Much more manageable than the Triumph, easy to move around on and she felt much more comfortable on the road.

I've always had other bikes in the garage as well, from BMW sport-touring bikes, to full-on sportbikes; including 600's, literbikes, and GT bikes. I have to admit sometimes it is a kick to have more power than you'd ever need, it's comforting to know there's always something in reserve. But none of that takes anything away from the ninjette. When Annie was pregnant, we ended up selling her ninjette because I wasn't sure how much use it would get if she wasn't riding for awhile. Turns out I missed having one in the garage, especially after I saw pics of the 2008 version and read more about its specs. Now that we have one again, it's getting decent mileage put on it, almost exclusively by me but by Annie as well a little bit at a time. I don't neglect my other bikes because of the ninjette, and I try and get some decent mileage on all of them. For the much longer rides where the weather isn't guaranteed to be perfect, the ninjette might not be the first choice. But for a morning blast through the twisties, sometimes the ninjette is as fun as the ZX-10R. It is a kick to be able to wring the heck out of a bike without going directly to jail. You can use a much larger portion of the ninjette's capabilities on a public road without endangering yourself or others, and it's just plain fun. If you start approaching the limits of a 165 horsepower missile on the public streets, it takes just a few seconds of full-throttle before you're doubling the highest speed limit in the land, with a whole bunch more to go. Certainly takes more self-control, and also more careful throttle management in the twisties, which simply isn't a factor on the ninjette.

So in a roundabout answer to your question, the 250 isn't our first bike with a hopes of moving up to a larger bike in the future. We have always owned larger bikes as well, and simply enjoy the ninjette on its own merits. Its capabilities and fun factor stand on their own.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #3
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Kelly, I`m with Alex--The 250R is my terminal bike. I have been riding off and on-mostly on, for 50 years and have owned some classics, to include an NSU 250, Triumph 500, BSA 650, Ariel Square Four 1000, Vincent Shaddow 1000, Triumph TR-6 (same as Boneville but one carb) BMW R-60, Dunstall Norton 750 Cafe Racer and a Honda 750 SS. They were all fun bikes in their own way. I logged 75,000 miles on the NSU which I sold in 91. Mind you the NSU ceased production in he 1958. I also logged 200,000+ miles on the BMW--something to be said for German bikes. I am not quite certain what the lifetime of the 250 Ninja would be. The performance for a 250 is legendary which would explain its popularity. It is fast, but tame. It acellerates as well as the TR-6--actually better, and corners like a skateboard. Right now, at age 67, it is all the bike I need. My friends think that I have lost it. My wife thinks that any day now she will see me in the obituaries. I have had the bike for six months and still get "advice". In 50 years of driving and riding, I have never had an accident or a ticket. I can`t think that anything will change.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Good question, Kkim.

I ended up with an 07 because the bike that I've had a deposit on for almost a year has not come in yet. At the same time, I have been waiting for YEARS for a bike like the 08+ Ninja. A bike that is totally reliable, quality, lightweight, stylish and mod friendly.

I think that this bike is going to change the way a lot of people look at the concept of "beginner's" bikes. I think that people that are more seasoned appreciate the unique qualities of the 08 Ninja.

I do plan to give/sell my 07 Ninja, but if I were to get an 08, it would be a keeper for me. I don't think I would sell it because it's simply different.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #5
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I love my Tyke... There is no getting around that. But she is my first bike. I have never tested the waters of another bike.

I have sat on other bikes but never rode them. (aside from the back but I don't feel that counts). I suppose one day I may want to venture forward to a bigger bike or test them out and see. I am sure if I visit certain places they would be happy to let me take a spin on theirs just to see. So far I haven't been tempted.

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #6
kkim

You know, I have a hard time predicting where my threads will go. I could have sworn there would be many that would have said the 250 was their stepping stone to a larger bike. I guess the make up of this forum is a lot more mature than I envisioned. It just seemed like every young stud out there is just itching to switch from their beginner bikes to a 150mph crotch rocket after a few months on their little 250.

kudos to you guys and gals for renewing my faith in 250 owners.

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #7
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
You know, I have a hard time predicting where my threads will go. I could have sworn there would be many that would have said the 250 was their stepping stone to a larger bike. I guess the make up of this forum is a lot more mature than I envisioned. It just seemed like every young stud out there is just itching to switch from their beginner bikes to a 150mph crotch rocket after a few months on their little 250.

kudos to you guys and gals for renewing my faith in 250 owners.
After studying about bikes and riding (on-off) for a while, I appreciate the 250 like no other. I truly think that this bike will utter in a new reality into the motorcycle scene.

Just wait and see. Low CC = cool.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purspeed View Post

Just wait and see. Low CC = cool.
It's just a shift in mentality that is just now slowly occuring in this country. In some countries, a 250 is considered a big bike.

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #9
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I thought that way once Kelly. I was just thinking the 250 would guide me to a larger bike (though I am certainly no squid thats for sure). Not after a few months for certain (once I paid it off most assuredly).

Old November 20th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #10
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

I had actually stopped riding for a while and was thinking of getting a Yamaha FZ600 last year to get back into riding. Then all the buzz started about the new redesigned Ninja 250. I sat on both bikes and liked the ergonomics and compactness of the Ninja better. Once I got it on the road, I realized it had as much power and torque as my old 1982 Seca 400. Apparently they have done great things with engine design in 25+ years. I never really wanted a 600, but nobody's making a 400 or 450 these days and I thought I'd have to "settle" for a 600cc bike. The larger wheels and higher seat of the 2008 Ninja was what did it for me. Didn't like the pre-2008 seating much, but the upgrade in size of the new Ninja sealed the deal for me. Now I have a bike that carves the corners as good or better than my Seca 400 did, gets way better gas mileage and fits like a glove. I'm not moving up to a bigger bike - I had to move down in displacement to find a real keeper.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM   #11
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I had actually stopped riding for a while and was thinking of getting a Yamaha FZ600 last year to get back into riding. Then all the buzz started about the new redesigned Ninja 250. I sat on both bikes and liked the ergonomics and compactness of the Ninja better. Once I got it on the road, I realized it had as much power and torque as my old 1982 Seca 400. Apparently they have done great things with engine design in 25+ years. I never really wanted a 600, but nobody's making a 400 or 450 these days and I thought I'd have to "settle" for a 600cc bike. The larger wheels and higher seat of the 2008 Ninja was what did it for me. Didn't like the pre-2008 seating much, but the upgrade in size of the new Ninja sealed the deal for me. Now I have a bike that carves the corners as good or better than my Seca 400 did, gets way better gas mileage and fits like a glove. I'm not moving up to a bigger bike - I had to move down in displacement to find a real keeper.
I've always wanted Ducati to make a 350-450cc single. There was some talk about a Cagiva single that is styled similar to the 916, but that never came about. I don't want to know what they would have priced them at, but it would be one fast, nimble little thing.

And, Kkim, your right, we are the exception. In most countries tiny engines are the norm and the 250 would be a modest size engine, indeed.

Old November 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #12
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

I don't really know what I'm going to do. I sometimes think I'll get a 600 sometime soon once I feel I'm skilled enough to use it on the track.

I'm not really interested in going fast in a straight line and not too concerned with high horsepower acceleration, so I'm really in no rush to get myself a 600 track bike.

I just want some more aftermarket support for track oriented parts... Clip ons, rearsets, etc.
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #13
Bone_Head311
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 250 ninja

The 250 is my first bike, and i plan to keep her for a while. I would like to upgrade to a bigger bike one day. I wish they made a 400 with modern sportbike styling. Its a neglected segment IMO. very few 250's and the next step up is a high horsepower 600
Bone_Head311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #14
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

I've ridden 600's and 750's, I ended up moving down to a 250 to find a bike I really like. The little ninja is much more usable and it's a blast opening the engine up. I do wish it had a bit more power though, a resurection of the 4 cylinder 250s would be sweet.

Old November 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #15
workdaddy
WORKDADDY

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 2fitty

It's funny to read how many peps have actually moved down in bike size... I am one who has too chosen that path. Mine was mainly for the price, after of course I rode one. Just felt right, from day one that I made it go vroom! And for the low cost that they are... You can't go wrong. Back in 2001 I purchased a 2000 Honda CBR 600 with less than 5k on it (for $5,500) and loved it... But then again it was a bike. Now, I would and do tell people when they ask about "The small bike" I honestly have more fun on it... So light and the canyons here in Salt Lake, Utah... PLAYGROUND of fun for these lil devils.
workdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #16
Ducati916Senna
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250R, 00 Yamaha WR400F, 98 Ducati 916 Senna #233, 94 ZZR400

I don't know what you guys are thinking, but anything less than a 600 is useless. Only beginners ride these bikes and are afraid to ride something bigger. When you guys are ready to join the big boys you'll see what I mean. Ok, ok, I've had enough fun...I'm just kidding. But, that is the mentality of these idiots that start riding and a month later go into a dealership and say "I've got to have a 1000". I don't care who you are, there is no one out there that can ride even a 600 to it's full potential on the street. These 250's are great and are more than enough to get you in trouble. Ask me how I know. My wife is very happy with her 09 and she says she plans on keeping it for a while. Her gateway drug was riding with me all the time. Good thread.
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36
Ducati916Senna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #17
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Glad I read your entire post. The flaming almost begun! good one.

Old November 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Ducati916Senna
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250R, 00 Yamaha WR400F, 98 Ducati 916 Senna #233, 94 ZZR400

I'm sorry, but that was the intention. I wonder how many of you I'm going to turn into tools, LOL.
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36
Ducati916Senna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #19
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

no sorry's needed
yes it was funny. I was thinking WTF then finished your post and laughed.

I don't think this site harbors alot of tools . Boy lately on some other site everyone is being a tool. that is why I am here !

Old December 1st, 2008, 11:42 AM   #20
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
no sorry's needed
yes it was funny. I was thinking WTF then finished your post and laughed.

I don't think this site harbors alot of tools . Boy lately on some other site everyone is being a tool. that is why I am here !
amen, sister!!

Old December 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM   #21
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
So, what say you? Does this bike satisfy the itch or is your ninja 250 merely a gateway drug for bigger, better, more??
Like Greg said anything less than a 600 is nothing more than a paper weight for the shop table. If you really want something between your legs a $5,000 down payment will get you on the list for one of these bad boyz (http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home).

Now talk about a track day

In all reality my 2001 is giving me all the fun I need right now. If anything I might consider a move to an '08 sometime down the road but for now . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lvms.jpg (27.4 KB, 24 views)

Old December 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM   #22
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Like Greg said anything less than a 600 is nothing more than a paper weight for the shop table. If you really want something between your legs a $5,000 down payment will get you on the list for one of these bad boyz (http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home).

Now talk about a track day

In all reality my 2001 is giving me all the fun I need right now. If anything I might consider a move to an '08 sometime down the road but for now . . .
neat pic... is that you at the track getting your fix?

I think you should be right proud of the bike you have now and the work you've put into it to get it where it presently is. If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

Enjoy!

Old December 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM   #23
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
neat pic... is that you at the track getting your fix?
Don't I wish. I have no clue on how I'd do that on my 250 let alone a 200 hp machine like the Czysk. I hope he can make of go of it.

Quote:
I think you should be right proud of the bike you have now and the work you've put into it to get it where it presently is. If it ain't broke, leave it alone.
Well one thing I do want to work on next year is a new fairing to replace the cracked one I've got now. With that replaced and the front fender repaired I could really live with the two dings in the gas tank.

Old December 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM   #24
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Well one thing I do want to work on next year is a new fairing to replace the cracked one I've got now. With that replaced and the front fender repaired I could really live with the two dings in the gas tank.
Ebay!!!

Old December 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM   #25
Sailariel

I`m perfectly happy with my 250. I have owned bikes up to 1000cc (Ariel) and as small as 200cc (Bultaco). In August I took a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula with two friends on much larger bikes than mine. I had no trouble keeping up with them. Their only comment besides, "That`s a fast little bike." was that I had to shift much more often. It may have been a little more work to keep the bike in the "sweet spot" (8000RPM) in the mountains, but I certainly had great control. The only reason I can think of where I would need abigger bike would be if I were contemplating a sidecar rig. I can just visualize a Ninja 650R with a Lime Green Jawa sidecar.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM   #26
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
The only reason I can think of where I would need abigger bike would be if I were contemplating a sidecar rig. I can just visualize a Ninja 650R with a Lime Green Jawa sidecar.
I would love to see this
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM   #27
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 690sm, ex250, kdx200, nc50, z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purspeed View Post
I've always wanted Ducati to make a 350-450cc single. There was some talk about a Cagiva single that is styled similar to the 916, but that never came about. I don't want to know what they would have priced them at, but it would be one fast, nimble little thing.

And, Kkim, your right, we are the exception. In most countries tiny engines are the norm and the 250 would be a modest size engine, indeed.
you may want to consider the Mito

Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #28
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Mark View Post
you may want to consider the Mito
is the Mito available in the US?

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #29
Sailariel

My father was a motorcyclist when he lived in Europe. He had a 250NSU and considered that a good solo machine. I had an NSU 250 in 1958 and I distinctly remember that the owner`s manual had a section on hooking up a sidecar to the NSU. NSU made a Moped, a 125, and a 250. They were immensely popular in Europe, and to some degree in the US. I see some of the people around here doing the "Ton" on their 900+cc sportbikes and wonder how long they will be around. I was on Rte1 last week cruising at 60mph and had a Gixxer go by me on one wheel. He held that wheelie for a good 100 yards. Scared the hell out of me.

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #30
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Allmayer Beck View Post
I see some of the people around here doing the "Ton" on their 900+cc sportbikes and wonder how long they will be around.
It's never the speed that gets you. It's the sudden stop that's the painful part.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #31
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's never the speed that gets you. It's the sudden stop that's the painful part.
yes, and hopefully they are the only ones involved, but sadly, that is not always the case.

Old December 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #32
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
It's like Kelly says though, far to many times it isn't a solo accident when someone is being stupid like this.

One time when I was in Michigan I saw two guys do wheelies from a stoplight side by side. The one guy lost it and fell over onto the other one. Some how they both managed to stay up, but was still scary.

But anyways,

And to answer the original question, yes it is a gateway drug, but not necessarily to bigger, better things, but to motorcycling in general.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #33
Sailariel

Kelly, That`s what my Jumpmaster said when I went to jump school--It`s that sudden stop.

Old December 6th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #34
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

I'm curious to see the '09 Ninja 650R. When riding to work on I95 I sometimes wish for more power to get out of way of some cagers. With the 250 you have to downshift and rev to really pull away. Often you just don't have the time. I also would rather have FI than carbs. I sat on a Versys and found the position too high and wide and most of the extra saddle height was eaten up by the higher ground clearance. Supersports have way more power than I want/need and the position is a stopper, too much weight on the wrists. So, we shall see. For the money the 250R is tough to beat.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #35
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Hey Tim, the latest issue of Motorcyclist magazine (Jan. 2009) has an extensive review of the new ZX-6R. Don't read it unless you want to feel even more conflicted about getting a bigger bike.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #36
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Although I've only owned the bike for a couple months now, I want to keep it for a long time. Sometime in the future I may end up getting a 600, but I not until I'm at least 25 because insurance is ridiculous.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM   #37
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Hey Tim, the latest issue of Motorcyclist magazine (Jan. 2009) has an extensive review of the new ZX-6R. Don't read it unless you want to feel even more conflicted about getting a bigger bike.
I doubt I will be tempted. I don't understand how anyone can be comfortable with bars that low. I like being able to lean forward when I need to, not have the bike force that position upon me. I really like the 250 but want some improvements without losing the virtues such as it's great blend of stability and flick-ability.

Tim

Last futzed with by mcteague; December 9th, 2008 at 05:55 AM.
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #38
Suey250
Da Peon

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

I'm also new to motorcycling. I'm going to consider a bigger bike in a couple of years, like the new ninja 650 mmmmm. The only problem, which I'll figure out then is should I keep the 250? It looks so awesome, how could I sell it?!?!
Suey250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #39
TonyKZ1
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 1975 Kawasaki KZ400D (Sold), 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II

Well, I've got 38k+ on my '89 Ninja 250. If not for the Ninja 250 forums, I'd never have bought "such a small bike" as a Ninja 250, especially after riding my '75 KZ400.
As it turned out it wasn't really a downgrade at all. They were about the same hp, with the EX250 getting the nod for about 100 lbs lighter weight, water-cooled vs the KZ400's air-cooled, better mpg, much better parts availability, and cheaper insurance.
So I'm keeping mine for quite sometime, it was almost traded in or left for a bigger bike when I had engine problems a couple of weeks ago. But I found an affordable used engine and was able to replace the engine so now I'm back on the road.
Tony

Old December 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #40
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

I rode a KZ 400 back in High School. Then either didn't have time or money for twenty some years.
Now i got the 250 to brush up skills on and wouldn't be out much money if i dropped it a few times. But i had no problems all summer . except putting feet down for a few slow u-turns.
Now i have deposit down for 09 ZX-6r
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote