ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #1
exarch
ninjette.org member

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r

2011 250r mods

I have a 250r SE(monster) with a few mods, looking to do a few more mods, but cant find what im looking for. Ill list what I have done, what I plan on doing, and what I need help with. (pics of the bike can be found below in other posts of mine, and ill be adding more as time goes on)

Btw I get a huge discount from parts-unlimited.com so anything from there is great, but they dont have all the mods I want, so any place will do if the items cant be found there.

I will be editing this as I update it.

Here is what is already done to the bike:
OEM green rear seat cowl(just got it, not in the current pic below, but will add it and more pics when I put it on)
2 bros black series carbon fiber slip on
Green pazzo Shorty levers
Factory pro jet kit
Zero gravity dark smoke windscreen
Integrated led rear lights
CW fender eliminator
Proton flush mounts
Green spiegler stainless steel break lines

Still to be added:
roaring toyz full lowering kit(2"drop, unless I can get it lower) I wanna slam it as far as I can, do need help with this if anyone knows of a better lowering kit.
green halo leds
green no cut frame sliders
Green valve stem caps
Tank protector
Gear indicator
Bar end sliders
Possibly handle bar risers
Green powdercoated rims

Need help finding:
Digital cluster
Wheel leds
Fairing leds
Underglow
License plate leds(comoetition works fender eliminator if that makes a difference)
Any other GREEN leds I can get my hands on
Turn signal integrated mirrors

Handle bar risers
Custom seat(black and/or green only) corbine has a nice seat, but thats all I can find as far as seats go.
And pretty much any other performance/look enhancing mod I can find.

Safty gear: all Icon btw
Helmet: alliance speedmetal green
Jacket: hooligan 2 green
Gloves: justice mesh green
Boots: feild armor boots black
Vest: military spec yellow(in the army so I gotta wear this stupid thing)
Pants: hooligan 2 mesh black

Btw, im new to the forums, if u cant tell by my 1st post, I hope the format is easy to read, I tried to make it cellphone friendly(since thats what I use)

Thanks,
Tom
Posted via Mobile Device

Last futzed with by exarch; March 21st, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
exarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Shawn250
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 07' ZX14 10' 250 96' CBR 600

I put 300 LED underglow on the 250. I used joe florida tape lights and it worked awesome. I can try to post a short video if u would like to see that part.
Shawn250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #4
exarch
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post

Once I figure out how to post pics I will, trust me I would of posted em if I knew how to. but ya once I figure it out ill take pics of each individual part and then get a few different angels of the bike as a whole. Ill prob take pics with my didgital cam and then uploD em to my wifes laptop to post em that way, since I dont see an option to post them with my phone. Hopefully I can get pics up by the weekend, cuz I work 9am-12am weekdays and I dont have the bike stored at my house(cant drive during the week cuz of night restrictions on my temps) I store the bike at my dads house for now cuz he has a garage.and I go up there to ride it on the weekends.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #5
exarch
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn250 View Post
I put 300 LED underglow on the 250. I used joe florida tape lights and it worked awesome. I can try to post a short video if u would like to see that part.
Ya, that would be great, this video http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...RcjDjihc&gl=US is kind of what im looking for as an end result for my bike, but much nicer. I want my 250r to catch a stare or two. The bike in this video doesnt have any leds, which I deff want.(and personally I think his aftermarket exaust is ugly, but I cant knock him for one poor upgrade choice, im sure it suits his taste, which is all that matters.)

If it makes any difference I get MAD discounts from parts-unlimited.com I purchased all my riding gear for only $600 from there. And can get any catalog item for 10% above distributer cost because my bro-n-law has the hookup(works at a bike dealership)
Posted via Mobile Device

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old March 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Shawn250
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 07' ZX14 10' 250 96' CBR 600

Ok im in the same boat as you. I cant up load videos from my phone. Mabe when i get her bike all done i can do a youtube video.
Shawn250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

You're youtube link doesn't work... also, how did you get green pazzo levers? When I tried to contact them about a year or so ago they said they stopped making green... have they started making them again or did you stumble across an old set?

Look forward to seeing pics of your bike... as for the seat... you may want to look into luimoto.com, they are not cheap... but they are great quality and look amazing... here is mine:

that's a really old picture... June 2010... but you get the idea... also they can change the color pattern if you don't care for the white or whatever.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #8
exarch
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
You're youtube link doesn't work... also, how did you get green pazzo levers? When I tried to contact them about a year or so ago they said they stopped making green... have they started making them again or did you stumble across an old set?

Look forward to seeing pics of your bike... as for the seat... you may want to look into luimoto.com, they are not cheap... but they are great quality and look amazing... here is mine:

that's a really old picture... June 2010... but you get the idea... also they can change the color pattern if you don't care for the white or whatever.
Lol ya I suck at using forums on my phone, thanks for who put the video up for me.
ya, not a fan of the white, or the alternative gunmetal they offer I may just have to get some material and do the refab myself. I want only black/green on my bike, anything that is a diff color im gunna eventually get powdercoated.

As far as the green pazzo goes I beleive you can order em still order em from the pazzo website, it was one of the color options still when I got em. This weekend ill take a closeup of them, so you can see em on my bike. Wish I could get pics sooner, but my stupid work schedule limits me and no point in keepin the bike exposed to the elements if I cant ride it to work yet(legally) I hate the daylight rule, my poor ninja hasnt even hit the 700mile mark yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #9
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

@exarch, you could just have the white part made black or green depending on your taste... and as for the levers... I did call them direct... I guess they must have just decided to start making them again?!?!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #10
exarch
ninjette.org member

http://www.pazzoracing.com/build_step2.html# they might of got rid of em, but they brought em back again I guess, you can still get em on their.website.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #11
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Red

Why anyone would want to lower there bike that much is beyond me. Stick with the stock height so you can actually corner comfortably.

Old March 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #12
exarch
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJimmyEnglish View Post
Why anyone would want to lower there bike that much is beyond me. Stick with the stock height so you can actually corner comfortably.
Right now I can only touch the ground with my tip toes, aka vertically challenged 2in will do fine for me, more than 2in would just be for looks
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #13
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by exarch View Post
Right now I can only touch the ground with my tip toes, aka vertically challenged 2in will do fine for me, more than 2in would just be for looks
Posted via Mobile Device
I could see maybe 2 inches. I'm 5'7" and I do fine on it.

Old March 20th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #14
exarch
ninjette.org member

Im 5'6, but my inseam is less than 28in(28in pants are too long on me, but thats the smallest size I can find for a 36waist)
Also I got baby arms(I wear medium extra-short uniform tops and extra short medium pants for the army, well not anymore I just got out Feb 9th) my lil bro is 5'1 and has longer arms than me and his arms are average.for his hight. Most people my hight have. 3+in reach on me and a 30in inseam, I guess I just got a longer torso that gives Mr my hight.
Its just too uncomfortable as is to sit at stops/hills, so the 2in should get all but the balls of my heels on the ground. But 3+ would look good, although at that point u run into alot of problems and hazards unfortunately. The guy in the video has some type of quick adjuster it looks like.
Too bad I cant get airride lol, thatd be pimpin to drop and bag it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #15
exarch
ninjette.org member

Hopefully this works, I emailed myself a couple pics from my phone to put on my wifes laptop that my dad took a few hours ago. hopefully sat ill have more pics up and maybe more mods done it.

btw how long does it take to get your rims powdercoated? i wanna have them
powdercoated this riding season, but ifthey take more than 5days ide rather wait till the storage season. I might even have em done next monday if its a short process, i just dont wanna give up what little daylight i have to play with on the weekends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-20_21_40_03.jpg (81.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-209521_42_07.jpg (76.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-209521_41_25.jpg (33.1 KB, 2 views)

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM   #16
exarch
ninjette.org member

I should have more pics up tonight( wife took pictures of my kids sitting on my bike) and tomorrow ill have better angels when I take it out for a spin(if its not raining) . So anyone got suggestions on what else I should do to my bike? Im probably gunna get it lowered tomorrow if I got the time, unless my bro can ride it to his work and have it done cuz I get off work 2hours b4 his shop closes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #17
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
did you buy this bike?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ht=ohio+loaded

looks identical. If so, congrats on the great bike!!

getting rims PC'd won't take long. Just a couple days. But you'll have to get bearings taken out and new ones put in. Just fyi
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM   #18
exarch
ninjette.org member

I got it off craigs list, dont think its the same, miles are too high, and none of the same pics were used I got mine around 600 miles with no cowl for 3,800(didnt even shoot him a counter offer cuz I just wanted it asap), but could be. I picked it up the other week(first bike) was more expensive than.the.other 250rs listed, but I was gunna mod a bike regardless, so figured ide buy one with some mods on it already, then put the rest of the mods on myself to save money on upgrades in the long run.

although I dunno why he would put 700 miles when it only had 600 miles and only include 8/12 upgrades on CL, but ya still possible, but not sure. Only thing ive personally done to the bike yet is rode it and I orderd lowering links (f/r)and a new kickstand(should be in tomorrow, hopefully) and I orderd frame sliders. I did a.price check on the rims and they quoted about $80 per rim at the bike shop, Lthough could get it.cheaper at another place, rather have it done at the bike shop.
But either way, im lookin to put $2k more worth of upgrades on the bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM   #19
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
It was for sale for a long time. That would explain the mileage.

both have the ninja sticker on the screen. both have the monster sticker on the hips of the tail. both have the same mods, and are from similar areas of the state. hmmmmmmm

still, great bike!

you should check out this thread: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=458968

Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:39 PM   #20
exarch
ninjette.org member

That event is past, it was on 3/4/12 If it was April 4th I would of called off work. Still need to work on my skills though. This bike rides a lil different than the cruisers im used to. Hec I remember my 1st biker ride a couple years back, I laid down my buddies bike at a my first stoplight lil, going and shifting was easy, but stoping wasnt pretty. With this bike my prob is taking sharp turns without feeling like ima lay down the bike(prob just in my head). Wish I had time for msc and brc, but meh havent layed down another bike since.my 1st time. Although It was.a.gentle laydown(not even a.scratch on the bike) but my buddy did flip.out and helped me.pick the bike up cuz.that thing was.HEAVY. ide cry if I droped my ninja, especially b4 I get my sliders and bar ends on it. And im scared to teach my wife how to ride on it cuz she always has trouble in first gear with my car, which is the most important gear. If she drops the clutch on my.car meh ittl lunge forward on my.car, but ive never seen the results of what happens if you let go of the.clutch in.first gear at a stop.with no throttle, and I dont intend to find out lol. Ide probably have a heart attCk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:59 PM   #21
exarch
ninjette.org member

Just looked at the pics again and the photobucket sais.badbrad, lol I guess.that is(was) Brads bike, who also happend to be my boss(which i.didnt know till I met up with him, cuz I didnt recognize his.voice on the phone) lol talk about weird, hah. Btw I never ever would of guessed that was his bike, he doesnt look like that type of guy, hell he drives a fricking minivan to work. And I already offer to pay the full price b4 lookin at it. Money is whatever, I just want something that looks good, but isnt big. Lot of people hate when I say 250r till they see the bike, ide rather look good with less power, than look like a dumbass all over the pavement for pusing a bike past safe riding speeds and doing dumb stuff(like i.do.with my car just cuz it can handle.it.lol)

So ya sexy bike > fast bike,.althouh I would get a Bigger bike, just not a bigger.crotch.rocket, and im only a fan of rockets nehow, unless its someone.elses.cruiser stupid cell phone, too lazy to delete all the extra .s. But ya either way I feel I got a good deal on the bike, which is all that matters in the end. Especially when most the breakin is done. Only 400 more miles till I start to push thr bike farther.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #22
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
oh no it's not just that one event, it's on ongoing thread to get riders in the area together! You're more than welcome to pop in and chat, and possibly meet up with other 250 riders!!

Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:23 PM   #23
exarch
ninjette.org member

Oh, I just read the first post, ill check it out more of the thread tomorrow probably or when I get home. Itd be nice to find other local 250 riders, especially if I can find people to cruise with on the weekends and can get some good pointers from(if there willing to ride with a noob rider, got bout 150 total miles under my belt lol and most of those are on a lil vstar). Thanks for the tidbit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #24
exarch
ninjette.org member

I took more pics but been too busy to get on the laptop.

So anyhow, Saturday my dad decides to park my bike in the grass after he takes it out of the garage. He has CP which makes parking it in the grass even worse cuz he has to put all his weight on the bike to get off it(and got mudd all over my seat and paint when he was dragging his foot across the bike with his hand while using the handlebar to keep his balance with the other hand) I litterly about **** my pants and chewed him out. As I was yelling at him I noticed my bike was leaning pretty far over, so I look at the kickstand and its sinking in at a rapid pace, I was about 3ft away from the bike. Just before the bike was about to completly tip over I managed to catch it and get it upright. I was pissed that my bike and kickstand were covered in mud, but glad it didnt tip over.

My dad is gunna be riding my bike today and I hope he doesnt wreck it, he has been riding for over 30 years, but watching how he handeled my bike once already makes me nerves. He has rode it before, but he has a tendency to do stupid stuff, like doing a wheelie on his friends busa and almost wrecking on the way back down. He wrecked a wave runner a couple years ago showing off for some college students (who nicknamed him 'crazy mike') ended up breaking his leg trying to do a flip off a ramp when his foot got stuck. He has brook his leg skiing aswell, wrecked a 4runner, and a bunch of other crap, just cuz he is a showoff. Hell this guy is storm chaser(and has taken me on tornado chases) if that tells you how crazy he is.

I just hope I come back to a scratchless bike next weekend(droped it off at his house b4 work thismorning) now im gunna be paranoide all week thinking about what is gunna happen to my bake after witnessing its first close call. He needs to get his own bike again(preferably automatic, or with a suicide shifter(which he has had on all his bikes))
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #25
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Wow, after my dad knocked mine over in the driveway, no one's allowed to touch it. No harm, no foul, but still; I bought it with my own money, I maintain it, I'm not paying for damage they do.

I don't let anyone in my family touch the bike, we have a spot in the driveway that is reserved as motorcycle spot that everyone knows about (no excuse to back into it). As long as I keep it in a spot that's been previously agreed upon as a place that is safe to park in, they won't hit it or ever have to move it. Might want to set something like that up

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #26
exarch
ninjette.org member

I keep it parked in his garage, cuz I dont have a garage at my place and dont trust the kids in the neighborhood. I only bring my bike home on Saturdays afternoons and drop it back off at his house Monday mornings. He lives pretty close, bout a 30 min drive in traffic. I would take the keys away from him, but he is still in the process of cleaning his garage out so he needs to be able to move the bike around. I suppose he could just push it around, but if he has to put it in the driveway there is no way he can walk it back in thr garage(very steep incline) once I get a new shed and a pathway built for my bike ill store it there, but working 6-7 days a week its tough finding the time.
Hell someone keyed my car Friday night, not deep, I got em buffed out already, but still(1st time in 6years living at this place) and a couple months ago on the next street over some kids got ahold of some paint and covered a bunch of cars and sheds in paint, and the month before that they took baseball bats to a few cars. There is supposed to be a 10:00 curfue for 17 and under, but I think its some of the older teens causing trouble or teens from the next neighborhood over. They never caught the kids, but if i.catch em its gunna be all bad, especiallu cuz.they hit my wifes family places.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #27
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Geez. Time for a security camera or two...

I never did any shenanigans that were actually destructive when I was in HS. The worst thing we did was TP things, syran wrap cars, pee in car locks so it would freeze and you had to thaw it with a hair dryer, etc. And I don't did it as a joke to my friends and not random houses. wow.

Old March 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #28
exarch
ninjette.org member

We actually have private security around the neighborhood, but it is only one guy, so he cant be everywhere at once. It used to be a great place, untill recently. Im actually pretty lucky with the location of my apartment, its tight in the centrt of the neighborhood at a intersection people tend to run the stop signs at, so the security guard usually sits at that intersection. But he does have to rove around, so he cant always sit there. Hell, up until last year cops wernt even aloud into the neighborhood unless they were called, but now they can patroll the neighborhood freely, which I think was a good change.
No neighborhood is safe from teens unfortunatly, no matter how nice it is, and mines pretty nice, but unfortuantly we arnt too far from the ghetto(I used to live in that neighborhood, its not a nice place, lots of shootings and robberys take place there, and its only 1 mile away)

I causee my fair share of trouble when I was younger, but never ever Vandalized anyones property, except when paintballed our school on the last day, but that was washable paint and caused no dmg, just a lil extra labor to clean it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #29
exarch
ninjette.org member

just ordered my lowering kit and sliders I would have my powdercoating done but the shop I went to tried to screw me so I gotta find another shop that does powdercoating. Well there is another shop not too far away, but I wouldnt trust em with my bike, although I may have to resort to using them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM   #30
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 '08, '09', '11, ...

I'm hoping to raise the handlebars on my 2011 250, but I bought the Roaring Toys Lowering blocks/Handlebar risers. There are no instructions of course. So, can I just raise the bars, or do I have to lower the front end with this unit. It is part number 56-4455.
billEbob
Bill E Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM   #31
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
you can do either. It's up to you.

If you bought them to lower the bike, then you'll have to raise the forks to drop the nose. If you bought them to raise the handlebars for more of a standard riding position, then you don't have to raise the forks; however if you do raise the forks, you'll notice the bike turns in quicker.

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM   #32
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 '08, '09', '11, ...

Well, that is good news. I use my bike for touring so I don't want to lower it. However, these risers have a hole that will line up with the top of the shock. Do I need to fill that hole up, to prevent the shock from being driven up into that space if I happen to hit the front end hard, say on a curb or a pothole?
Bill E Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #33
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
No you're fine. That's what the Triple clamps are for. They hold the fork steady, not the handlebar riser.