ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM   #161
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r

Hey guys.... I wrecked like a boss! Haha in the ER at the moment... Totally fine. I was going to the pool about 100 yds away from my apartment so I didn't wear any gear except boots. Not even a Tshirt. So I took a turn and somebody yelled and I looked at the same time I turned so I crashed. At about 30mph. A lot of road rash and a hyper extended leg. Thank god I'm alive with no broken bones. I need to know where I can fix my bike? I don't care about the scratches (that'll be a great reminder to ride safe with my gear). The footpeg and the shift lever are hanging off the bike so I can't put it in neutral. I don't think that would be totaled... Or hopefully not more than $200.... But I'm probably being a bit optimistic
DroHernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #162
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroHernandez View Post
Hey guys.... I wrecked like a boss! Haha in the ER at the moment... Totally fine. I was going to the pool about 100 yds away from my apartment so I didn't wear any gear except boots. Not even a Tshirt. So I took a turn and somebody yelled and I looked at the same time I turned so I crashed. At about 30mph. A lot of road rash and a hyper extended leg. Thank god I'm alive with no broken bones. I need to know where I can fix my bike? I don't care about the scratches (that'll be a great reminder to ride safe with my gear). The footpeg and the shift lever are hanging off the bike so I can't put it in neutral. I don't think that would be totaled... Or hopefully not more than $200.... But I'm probably being a bit optimistic

Damn Dro already! Shifter and foot peg will be under 200. Probably gonna need turn signal too. Put up some pics when you can so we can see the damage. If that's all that is needed to be fixed then I suggest you get the parts off Bike Bandit and fix it yourself. Take it easy on the roads man.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #163
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Yeah man... Is there anyway you and I could meet when I get this, or somebody? I'm taking work off tomorrow since I can't walk, so I was trying to get somebody that knows about bikes to take a look at it. Like, I would love to know why the bike isn't turning on at all anymore. I'm thinking because the shift lever is in the way it is or that the bike is in 2nd gear... I'm not sure... Anyways, if you want to meet tomorrow that would be great. This goes to ANYONE, I need to meet someone tomorrow to help me with my bike...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0995.jpg (76.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0999.jpg (76.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3005.jpg (57.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3006.jpg (92.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3007.jpg (52.1 KB, 4 views)

Old July 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #164
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Name: Win

Motorcycle(s): Honda CRF150, Polaris outlaw 450MXR, Polaris 330 Trail boss, Yamaha 125ttr, Baja DR50, Taotao 110R

Quote:
Yeah man... Is there anyway you and I could meet when I get this, or somebody? I'm taking work off tomorrow since I can't walk, so I was trying to get somebody that knows about bikes to take a look at it. Like, I would love to know why the bike isn't turning on at all anymore. I'm thinking because the shift lever is in the way it is or that the bike is in 2nd gear... I'm not sure... Anyways, if you want to meet tomorrow that would be great. This goes to ANYONE, I need to meet someone tomorrow to help me with my bike...
First you did not wreck like a boss, you wrecked like a unexperianced rider who was lacking respect of motorcycle riding. That being said I am sure you have a better understanding why gear is so important. Glad you did not get killed
As far as starting your bike, What gear it is in should not stop the motor from turning over. When you tried to start it, did you pull the clutch in and was the kick stand up? If the kick stand is down and the clutch is not engaged the bike will not turn over. If the kick stand is up and you did pull in the clutch and still the bike did not turn over. Check your safety switches on both the kick stand and clutch to make sure they did not break lose. Most of the demage from what I can see is pretty easy fix.

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #165
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviantTurtle View Post
First you did not wreck like a boss, you wrecked like a unexperianced rider who was lacking respect of motorcycle riding. That being said I am sure you have a better understanding why gear is so important. Glad you did not get killed
As far as starting your bike, What gear it is in should not stop the motor from turning over. When you tried to start it, did you pull the clutch in and was the kick stand up? If the kick stand is down and the clutch is not engaged the bike will not turn over. If the kick stand is up and you did pull in the clutch and still the bike did not turn over. Check your safety switches on both the kick stand and clutch to make sure they did not break lose. Most of the demage from what I can see is pretty easy fix.
Just to clarify, the whole "Like a boss" thing was a joke. I was extremely upset about the whole thing, so I had to make a joke about it to make myself feel better. Thank God that I lived through this and learned a very valuable lesson. GEAR GEAR GEAR.
You are a genius. It was the kickstand. The bike cranked a little but since its indoors I let it go before it turned on. I am very very thankful for your help. Would you like to meet today? Unfortunately, I cannot drive or ride up there. I woke up on fire and for some reason blood was everywhere when I woke up. Hopefully I'll be fine soon, I just need to talk to somebody about my bike, so when I do feel better she will be ready.

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #166
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:

Most accidents happen within a few miles of home. Early lesson on the importance of gear. "Easy" rides can present quite a challenge, especially while you're learning the machine. Glad you weren't hurt too badly, but I sure hate that it cost you the time and $$ for an ER visit! Damn!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #167
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Most accidents happen within a few miles of home. Early lesson on the importance of gear. "Easy" rides can present quite a challenge, especially while you're learning the machine. Glad you weren't hurt too badly, but I sure hate that it cost you the time and $$ for an ER visit! Damn!
Thank you thank you. I went to a bike repair shop and talked to the guy he said just find things on eBay and bring in the bike and it should all be under $100 for the labor.

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #168
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Honda CRF150, Polaris outlaw 450MXR, Polaris 330 Trail boss, Yamaha 125ttr, Baja DR50, Taotao 110R

Quote:
Just to clarify, the whole "Like a boss" thing was a joke. I was extremely upset about the whole thing, so I had to make a joke about it to make myself feel better. Thank God that I lived through this and learned a very valuable lesson. GEAR GEAR GEAR.
You are a genius. It was the kickstand. The bike cranked a little but since its indoors I let it go before it turned on. I am very very thankful for your help. Would you like to meet today? Unfortunately, I cannot drive or ride up there. I woke up on fire and for some reason blood was everywhere when I woke up. Hopefully I'll be fine soon, I just need to talk to somebody about my bike, so when I do feel better she will be ready.
I was just giving you crap for fun, if I said i have never jumped on my bike without putting on gear first I would be lying Road rash does suck, probably going to feel that for a while and bleed here and there. I know because I have been there also from a race kart accident. Any who, what question do you have about your bike? All the damage done is pretty easy fix. As mentioned you could probably go on ebay and fix everything for less than $150 if you wanted. You should be able to return the bike to neutral by twisting the shifter counter clockwise if stuck in second or clockwise if shifter is stuck in first.

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #169
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I was just giving you crap for fun, if I said i have never jumped on my bike without putting on gear first I would be lying Road rash does suck, probably going to feel that for a while and bleed here and there. I know because I have been there also from a race kart accident. Any who, what question do you have about your bike? All the damage done is pretty easy fix. As mentioned you could probably go on ebay and fix everything for less than $150 if you wanted. You should be able to return the bike to neutral by twisting the shifter counter clockwise if stuck in second or clockwise if shifter is stuck in first.
Yeah, it sucks and very bloody on and off. It's a good learning experience and I bet ill never get on that thing without gear again. Everything happens for a reason right? Anyways, I talked to a body shop and they said, if I buy the parts, they could do it for around $100. He made a valid point about doing it myself... What if the tranny is messed up... I'd never know. I just wanted to know what I should do with the bike. What exact turn signal, foot peg, and shift thingy I should get.

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #170
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks and very bloody on and off. It's a good learning experience and I bet ill never get on that thing without gear again. Everything happens for a reason right? Anyways, I talked to a body shop and they said, if I buy the parts, they could do it for around $100. He made a valid point about doing it myself... What if the tranny is messed up... I'd never know. I just wanted to know what I should do with the bike. What exact turn signal, foot peg, and shift thingy I should get.
I serious doubt your tranny is messed up from a low speed drop. Do it yourself and save yourself $100. You get the parts and I will show you how to do it if you need help. We can test the transmission if you would like but I would not sweat that you broke anything. My friend drove hers off the side of a mtn, bike flipped a couple of times and she was still able to ride it home. She did the same thing to shifter, I bent it back out and she road it all 80+ miles back. I am sure Fleemos remembers that bad day LOL

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #171
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I serious doubt your tranny is messed up from a low speed drop. Do it yourself and save yourself $100. You get the parts and I will show you how to do it if you need help. We can test the transmission if you would like but I would not sweat that you broke anything. My friend drove hers off the side of a mtn, bike flipped a couple of times and she was still able to ride it home. She did the same thing to shifter, I bent it back out and she road it all 80+ miles back. I am sure Fleemos remembers that bad day LOL
Could you show me what parts i should get?

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #172
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Could you show me what parts i should get?
Wait, I see more demage than I could see before. give me a minute and I will give you a list of parts you need.

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #173
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

This is the parts you need. I would jump on it.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3309589...Types&var=sbar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-2012-Kaw...#ht_188wt_1239

Old July 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #174
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Off to cyclegear roswell... be there in 20

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #175
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Wow thank you so much.. It means a lot for you to do this for me. If I order that, do you think it would be very hard to install? Or should I just bring it to Vicious Cycles?

Old July 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #176
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Name: Shell

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 -

@BlueJeepYJ

My schedule is clear for AUG 3. The weather hasn't been good for riding. Sipper and I got caught in thunder storms this past weekend.

I'd like to meet up with you guys soon: I feel bad for missing the last group ride.

If anyone wants to ride this Fri. let me know --hopefully the weather permits.

Old July 25th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #177
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Wow thank you so much.. It means a lot for you to do this for me. If I order that, do you think it would be very hard to install? Or should I just bring it to Vicious Cycles?
Its easy to do, maybe some minor adjustments but nothing difficult. The only reason I say DIY, 1) Because it is always good to know how to work on your own vehicles. 2) Save yourself a lot of money to buy fun upgrades

Old July 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #178
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Its easy to do, maybe some minor adjustments but nothing difficult. The only reason I say DIY, 1) Because it is always good to know how to work on your own vehicles. 2) Save yourself a lot of money to buy fun upgrades
Awesome, I just need some help haha. I can barely move due to the road rash. But I wanna fix it asap

Old July 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #179
Xz1atl
?>ninja = i think not

Name: Xavier

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 NINJA 650

So any takers for friday?!
Xz1atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #180
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Wish I could... work... blah...

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #181
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Wish I could... work... blah...
Same here! Would love to go though.
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #182
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
Same here! Would love to go though.

Sipper, you in Aug 3?

Old July 26th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #183
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Sipper, you in Aug 3?
Not sure, getting ready to start a contract and will probably be on it EVERYDAY until done.
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #184
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Awesome, I just need some help haha. I can barely move due to the road rash. But I wanna fix it asap
When you get the parts, PM and i can help you with it.

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #185
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
When you get the parts, PM and i can help you with it.
Wow, thanks! I'll contact you when they come in!

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #186
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I ordered the shifter thing but haven't ordered the signal light. Should I buy that signal light, or would you say to look for a nicer aftermarket one, like LED?

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #187
Xz1atl
?>ninja = i think not

Name: Xavier

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 NINJA 650

I will be ready for the 3rd... got my shifter working flosslessly
Xz1atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #188
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xz1atl View Post
I will be ready for the 3rd... got my shifter working flosslessly
Awesome! See ya on the third... Routing TBD...

So far we got...

@Xz1atl
@BlueJeepYJ
@vman1313
@LiquidShell
@Sipper -Maybe

Old July 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #189
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I ordered the shifter thing but haven't ordered the signal light. Should I buy that signal light, or would you say to look for a nicer aftermarket one, like LED?
Keep it stock, you have to use resisters with the LED or your flashers will blink extra fast. But if that does not matter you can pick some up at your local cycle gear for cheap.

Old July 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #190
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Keep it stock, you have to use resisters with the LED or your flashers will blink extra fast. But if that does not matter you can pick some up at your local cycle gear for cheap.
I ended up getting some cheap aftermarket (non-LED) signals. The shifter bracket supposedly arrived at the USPS Atlanta Sort Facility on Saturday, so I'm expecting it to arrive today... If it doesn't I'm going to be super bummed!!

Old July 29th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #191
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

My bike is back up and running I'm ready for any rides if anybody is down for a quick small group (2-3) ride

Old July 30th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #192
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
My bike is back up and running I'm ready for any rides if anybody is down for a quick small group (2-3) ride
Make me proud and tell me you did the work yourself

Old July 30th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #193
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

@Xz1atl
@BlueJeepYJ
@vman1313
@LiquidShell
@Sipper

Weather is looking good so far... any route ideas? Fort mountain and BBQ? or head north east and hit Richard Russel 348 around through Helen?

Let me know! Bring friends, lets make this the best ride yet!

Jeff

Old July 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #194
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Make me proud and tell me you did the work yourself
Be proud I did the shifter stuff myself but my dad and I did the signal light together. I was gonna do it but he wanted to solder it together instead of ghettorig it like I was gonna do haha

Old July 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #195
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Be proud I did the shifter stuff myself but my dad and I did the signal light together. I was gonna do it but he wanted to solder it together instead of ghettorig it like I was gonna do haha
Guess now you realize how easy that was to do and you saved yourself $100

Old July 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #196
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Guess now you realize how easy that was to do and you saved yourself $100
Exactly thanks man I really appreciate it when are we riding mayne??

Old July 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #197
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
What's the final plan this weekend? I may be down for joining you all!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #198
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Damn I'd love to go... But drill weekend

Old July 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #199
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
What's the final plan this weekend? I may be down for joining you all!
The final plan is for everyone to get together to ride , including folks from Athens who haven't ridden with the group yet!

Old July 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #200
DroHernandez
ninjette.org member

Would anybody like to ride with me tomorrow? Around 6 ish?