ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old May 7th, 2018, 01:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Former 125cc Champ Nico Terol Takes Energica Ego Corsa Around Jere

In Dorna’s bid to promote the inaugural MotoE electric motorcycle racing season in 2019, a special guest rider has taken a lap aboard the Energica Ego Corsa racing machine the competitors will be riding next year. For this weekend’s Jerez round of the MotoGP championship, it was former 125cc world champion, Nico Terol.*

Begin press release:

The spectacular Jerez Circuit was the stage of the fourth demo lap of the year for the racing-oriented electric Superbike Energica Ego Corsa, which was ridden around the challenging, fast-flowing 4.4km Andalusian track by the 125cc World Champion of 2011 Nico Terol.

The Spanish rider was cheered by the massive and vocal crowd who, like every year, packed every inch of the grandstands and hills surrounding the track for what was a very exciting day of MotoGP racing. Terol really enjoyed this experience, and praised the potential of the Energica Ego Corsa.

“It was a very positive experience for me” says Nico Terol. “I really loved the acceleration, especially out of corners and it has great grip. It has a very direct connection to the throttle and a very linear output, and that’s something riders normally enjoy a lot – and so I did! To be riding around Jerez in front of my fans was incredible, so I would like to thank Energica, Enel, Dorna and the Angel Nieto team for this amazing opportunity!”

The road to the 2019 FIM Enel MotoE World Cup continues as the Energica Ego Corsa will return to action in a fortnight’s time at Le Mans with Randy de Puniet as the rider chosen for the French GP.

ABOUT ENERGICA MOTOR COMPANY S.p.A
Energica Motor Company is the first Italian manufacturer of high-performing electric motorcycle and is the single manufacturer chosen by Dorna for the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup. Energica Motorcycles are on sales worldwide.

Former 125cc Champ Nico Terol Takes Energica Ego Corsa Around Jerez appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...