ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old May 14th, 2014, 06:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - Bryan Buckhannon win 4X4 Pro class at Loretta’s

The following is an industry press release...

Valcourt, Québec, May 13, 2014 – Can-Am Renegade 800R X XC racer Bryan Buckhannon posted his first 4x4 Pro class win of the season and finished second overall on the 10 a.m. session podium at round six of the AMA AMSOIL Grand National Cross Country series in Hurricane Mills, Tenn.

“It was a very competitive weekend at Loretta’s, but we were extremely pleased by Bryan Buckhannon’s 4x4 Pro Class win and second overall finish during the morning session,” said Jeff Leclerc, racing project leader, Can-Am. “The class points race is tight between Buckhannon and current class leader Kevin Trantham. After the six rounds of racing action, it’s exciting that four different Renegade 800R X xc racers having won at least one round.”

The sixth round of the 2014 GNCC series was held at the Loretta Lynn Dude Ranch outside of Hurricane Mills, Tenn. Despite a call for rain, the weather held off for Saturday’s ATV action and instead racers had to battle the hot, dry conditions and hilly course. Bryan Buckhannon (ATV Parts Plus / Can-Am) battled out front with the 4x4 Pro class leaders all day and eventually posted his first class victory of the year. The multi-time GNCC utility ATV champion climbed to within three points of class points leader and fellow Can-Am Renegade racer Kevin Trantham, who took fifth. Buckhannon, who earned second overall in the 10 a.m. session, has been consistent all year, making the podium at five of six rounds.

“It feels great to win the 4x4 Pro class. I have been waiting six rounds to do it and I am happy to get the monkey off of my back,” said Buckhannon. “I was third off the start, but was able to grab the lead by mile marker one. I got into a battle with Kevin (Trantham), although he had some bad luck. After Kevin, Rob (Smith) and I started to battle. We had a blast. We passed each other back and forth. It was a good clean race.”

Smith (BNR / Can-Am) earned his second straight 4x4 Pro class podium finish after slugging it out with Buckhannon in Tennessee. Smith, who has one win this year, currently sits third in the class point standings 10 points out of second place. Jordan Phillips finished fourth.

Another class victory went to Can-Am racer Tanner Bowles in the 4x4 A/B class. The Loretta’s win marked the fifth victory in a row for Bowles, who leads the class by 19 points heading into round seven. In his third race of the year in the 4x4 C class, Can-Am racer Matt Ewart posted his first class victory, winning by more than six minutes. Brian Foltz also scored a podium finish aboard a DS 450 in the Senior A/B (38+) class Saturday afternoon.

Click here for full story...