ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Question Helmet Skin (covers)

I have a helmet in perfectly nice, new condition. I don't wear it because the design on it is specifically for the Suzuki Hayabusa. I thought about having it custom painted, but then I realized, it will probably cost the same as a new lid. Plus, I'm not a fan of airbrush designs - not really my style. I thought of maybe they make decals to cover the helmets, and when I was looking online, I came across "helmet skins". I think these are a really neat and inexpensive alternative to purchasing a new helmet or painting a helmet. The problem I have is I cannot find designs I like. What I have found are: flames, skulls, tribal designs, scary evil clowns, camouflage, etc. None of those are my style. A lot of them are geared towards men, IMO. I finally found a site called: helmetdress.com and they have EXACTLY what I am looking for - only problem is they are located in Spain and the prices are in pounds. I emailed the company and have yet to get a response about whether or not I can purchase the item and have it shipped to me in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if I never hear from them.

So, long story (sorry) short: does anyone have any websites to suggest I take a look at what helmet skins they have??

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Yes, SkullSkins.net has some pretty gaudy designs. They offer custom designs but it's WAY too much money. I know because I wanted one that would make my full-face helmet look like CPT Falcon from F-Zero (3/4 helmet so it needs a false chin). Perhaps we could get a custom Ninjette.org design for cheaper if enough of us sign on for one?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

I don't remember where I saw it (because I was clicking on SOOO many links looking and digging for the 'right' skin) but I did see an option to purchase some that required a minimum order of 300-500 or something like that. LOL

I wanted a skin that matched my new leather jacket. I hate that I found the 'perfect' one but I can't get my hands on it. Or at least I have no idea how to.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
I don't remember where I saw it (because I was clicking on SOOO many links looking and digging for the 'right' skin) but I did see an option to purchase some that required a minimum order of 300-500 or something like that. LOL

I wanted a skin that matched my new leather jacket. I hate that I found the 'perfect' one but I can't get my hands on it. Or at least I have no idea how to.
SkullSkins.net does one-off customs and has all the same gaudy designs you described.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

just cover it in hello kitty stickers?
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Believe it or not, not my style either. LOL

Was looking for something like this:

The rest of the ones I loved are here:
http://helmetdress.com/covers/moto_f...integral/oli-1

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

I ordered one of there things that goes over the visor from Skullskins. It did not fit my visor correctly, so I put it on my laptop It was a cool product if it had fit correctly.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
I ordered one of there things that goes over the visor from Skullskins. It did not fit my visor correctly, so I put it on my laptop It was a cool product if it had fit correctly.
What helmet? If it was too big, I think you are supposed to trim it.

Old October 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

it was for a ICON helmet, it wasnt too big, it just didnt go well on it, like my visor was too curved for it or something.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Dragonracer76
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Why not posca paint it? check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY79SmVTNEE

Old October 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

I actually received a response from the place in Spain. I copied and pasted the email from them here:

Dear Joann,

It is no problema you make us order from United States. Costo of transport for orders under 30€ is of 10€

For order above this amount transport is free

Delivery is around 10 days

Thank you in advance

Jordi Ylla
Helmet Dress SL
Customer Support Service

I have no clue on how to place or pay for an international order, even though I asked in my original email. Oh well. Guess I'm SOL on this idea.