Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old January 26th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #81
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post
I have no clue where to look for a group. I havent seen anyone stunt the entire time I've lived in FL.
Same case here. Been here 19 years never seen anyone stunt anywhere. Iv'e seen maybe 5-10 people flying on the highways on bikes. That's about it.

South Florida here, Palm Beach
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #82
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

The best wheelie oon a 250 is a hard shift from 1st to 2nd sitting far back on the seat, the front will come up about 6 inches or so and you can ride it out a while, it makes it look like you did a bad ass power wheelie on your little 250.

Oh and you are going to **** up your clutch if you do it alot. Dont ask me how i know
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #83
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
learn to wheelie a bicycle. once you can keep a wheelie up indefinitely, learn to wheelie a 50cc with a clutch. once you get used to the gas/clutch instead of pedaling you should be able to hold it up... now move to a bigger bike and its magically easy to balance once you get used to either clutch popping it or using the suspension to pop it up...
This is probably the best suggestion I've read in this thread.

As many know, I'm not fond of wheelie-ing the 250. That might just be because I don't want to wreck my own bike I also know that it can cause excessive damage after many attempts.

...but darn it I can wheelie my mountain bike

A bicycle is a great tool to learn how to get the balance point at any speed under about 15 mph. A bicycle is also a great tool for all sorts of things motorcycle; braking, slow speed control, tight turns (figure 8's in a parking spot), the effects of shifting your body weight on handling and braking, relaxing the upper body over rough terrain, learning to watch traffic more thoroughly, etc.

Start on a bicycle and slowly work your way up.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #84
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
^ lots of people say learn on a bicycle the move up, but IMO it is completely different.

I can ride a wheelie on my trick or mountain bike all day long. I however can not ride a wheelie on my dirtbike for much more than short stints at best. I feel it is significantly different. My advice like someone else suggest is get a little dirtbike to practice on. No worries when it comes to dumping it, and it will get you comfortable utilizing clutch, throttle, speed, revs all together plus your weight distribution to sustain the wheelie.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #85
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I have no clue where to look for a group. I havent seen anyone stunt the entire time I've lived in FL.
Last time I was in Daytona they had a huge group of stunters. They did a News Years ride this year and last and also a killer Halloween ride. Go to Moto Stop on facebook.

Old January 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #86
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Here i am popping a wheelie in 1977, rocking the red toughskins and the metal flake helmet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dt100.jpg (131.0 KB, 11 views)
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM   #87
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

If anyone wants to practice with me the offer is still out there. I found a group to stunt with(they're badass) but I work early morning shift so I'm usually sound asleep before they even begin their sessions.
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #88
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Looped a wheelie

Crashed yesterday while riding the lot. Launched a wheelie way too hard and it pretty much flew out of my hands. The temperature was pretty high even for florida and I know this contributed to the bike putting that much more power out. Twisted both my legs/knee joints and got a little scratch. Fairings, turn signals(front and back), taillight, right-front footpegs, windscreen, sidekick safety are all totalled. Looking for a replacement for the footpeg if anyone has one. Handlebars might be bent a little but I'm not sure as of now.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #89
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

That sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Also, engines have more power in the cold due to cold air being more dense meaning more fuel can be used in each cylinder. Still sucks that you wrecked. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery!
Aurodox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #90
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

replace your gear before the bike bro
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #91
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Actually, on the contrary, cooler temps will actually make a bike (or car) perform better with regards to power. Colder air is more dense.

But along with the wheelies...here is my girlfriend in one of her races a couple months ago

Link to original page on YouTube.

*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #92
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Gonna have to disagree wholeheartedly with you guys on the cold air deal. I don't know why it is but my ninja gets jumpy when the engine gets superhot like it was.... Maybe the a/f mix isnt totally tuned spot on or sumthin...

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #93
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Actually, on the contrary, cooler temps will actually make a bike (or car) perform better with regards to power. Colder air is more dense.

But along with the wheelies...here is my girlfriend in one of her races a couple months ago [/YOUTUBE]
Your link doesn't work....

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #94
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

fixed.

Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #95
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
That sucks... haven't looped yet but I got close on my dirt bike lol heal up

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #96
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
That sux, similar to what happened to me only not intentional!

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #97
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
one of my favourite videos haha. poor sofia

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #98
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Sorry for laughing so hard. Also, sorry for telling others to watch and laught along. Also, sorry for sending it to a lot of others for a good laugh. I hope she wasn't hurt. I don't like wheelies. I do them as the occur while riding but I don't try to do wheelies for show. I used to use 2nd gear to start races because of this. Have her try second for the launch and she may have better results.

I have done dirt bike wheelies and road race wheelies out of turns however; they are never more than a foot or so high.

She has a great clutch for that kind of grab.

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #99
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Sorry for laughing so hard. Also, sorry for telling others to watch and laught along. Also, sorry for sending it to a lot of others for a good laugh. I hope she wasn't hurt. I don't like wheelies. I do them as the occur while riding but I don't try to do wheelies for show. I used to use 2nd gear to start races because of this. Have her try second for the launch and she may have better results.

I have done dirt bike wheelies and road race wheelies out of turns however; they are never more than a foot or so high.

She has a great clutch for that kind of grab.
After the races that same day we all were laughing our asses off. Don't worry about telling others to watch it...it has over 20,000 views. It's gone viral. She wasn't hurt other than a big bruise on her hip and butt and her pride. The bike didn't run for the rest of the day because the quickshifter shorted out from the impact. AP Moto Arts guys started working on it Saturday all the way into Sunday...so huge thanks to the guys at AP Moto Arts. They got her back and running so she can at least do Sunday's races.

We just discovered though that one of the vent lines actually cracked inside the gas tank and was causing gas to pour out from an air vent line to the point where her tank would be practically empty after filling it up. She has a spare tank and is getting it repainted to match her color scheme. Not sure if she is going to have someone attempt to fix her tank since the break is internal. Repairing it would require actually cutting into the tank to access the broken air vent line.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #100
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Crashed yesterday while riding the lot. Launched a wheelie way too hard and it pretty much flew out of my hands. The temperature was pretty high even for florida and I know this contributed to the bike putting that much more power out. Twisted both my legs/knee joints and got a little scratch. Fairings, turn signals(front and back), taillight, right-front footpegs, windscreen, sidekick safety are all totalled. Looking for a replacement for the footpeg if anyone has one. Handlebars might be bent a little but I'm not sure as of now.
I am guessing you didn't listen to any of us when we told you to record your sessions so we could see your progress... and when you crash?

On other note, I think i see where you are coming from thinking your bike runs better in hot weather. Sure cold air is dense but if your bike is not jetted for it your bike wont run good in it. Potentially your bike is jetted optimally for higher temps and explains this change you feel. Just a thought.

Good luck getting everything fix and hopefully you have no lasting injuries less the one to your ego.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #101
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #102
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Crashed yesterday while riding the lot. ................
Sorry to read this, Justin.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #103
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Gonna have to disagree wholeheartedly with you guys on the cold air deal. I don't know why it is but my ninja gets jumpy when the engine gets superhot like it was.... Maybe the a/f mix isnt totally tuned spot on or sumthin...
Hotter = less air = richer fuel mix. Colder = more air = leaner fuel mix. Cold air will always have more potential than hot air.

Was your jetting stock
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #104
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Hotter = less air = richer fuel mix. Colder = more air = leaner fuel mix. Cold air will always have more potential than hot air.

Was your jetting stock
no I'm running factory pro 110 main jets/needles.

Would have been such a sick session too had I been able to recognize the extra power the bike was putting out before I crashed!!! I did a couple wheelies after I got the bike running again and I can say that it was definitely powering very nicely.... I love hitting that balance point and just coasting until I have to let her back down!!!!

As for recording, sorry I couldn't help you out there! Maybe I'll have the money for a gopro one day...

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #105
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Potentially your bike is jetted optimally for higher temps and explains this change you feel. Just a thought.

Good luck getting everything fix and hopefully you have no lasting injuries less the one to your ego.
Great observation! As a matter of fact I remember my bike was running better in the hotter weather before the season changed!

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #106
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I doubt such a mild temperature change (i.e. not 50 degrees F) would even amount to 1 extra hp, particularly with going to a hotter temperature where there is less potential.. Unless of course, your bike is supremely ****ed in its jetting
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #107
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I doubt such a mild temperature change (i.e. not 50 degrees F) would even amount to 1 extra hp, particularly with going to a hotter temperature where there is less potential.. Unless of course, your bike is supremely ****ed in its jetting

Old June 29th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #108
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Was bored today so I made a vid of me doing a short wheelie. This bike has to be balanced very well in order for it not to hit redline.

http://youtu.be/ez-M6SkJhJg

Old June 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #109
Bob2010
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 2009 Ninja 250

^best one I seen yet. Cloudy as fck though...
Bob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #110
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2010 View Post
^best one I seen yet. Cloudy as fck though...
Thx, although I could def. top that one if I recorded more. Recorded on my cell phone camera because I don't anything else at the moment.

I haven't done any throttle mods yet but I think i'll try out an R6 throttle tube if theyre not too cheap. Whatever the case the stock throttle is absolute garbage and keeps your wrist out of the power zone.

Last futzed with by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng; June 30th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.

Old June 30th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #111
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Was bored today so I made a vid of me doing a short wheelie. This bike has to be balanced very well in order for it not to hit redline.

allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #112
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Wicked cool

Old June 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #113
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Wicked cool
Thanks I didn't really think much of it besides it being fun.

Old June 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #114
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
You def got it up there and gave it a good go.

Old June 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #115
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DEi...ature=youtu.be

Here's a 1st person view of an elevator and then a short wheelie. I know the quality is really low I literally wedged my cell phone in between my face and my helmet.

Edit: Seatstander* wheelie --> I just want to mention how my wheelies I posted here weren't at balance point (the bike/throttle/clutch was acting up for some reason) and yet I was still able to cover quite a bit of ground. If anyone ever says you can't wheelie a 250 SHOW THEM MY VIDEO thanks

Last futzed with by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng; July 1st, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Old June 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #116
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
If anyone ever says you can't wheelie a 250 SHOW THEM MY VIDEO thanks
and then show them your clutch plates

but really, good work. Not something I'd want to do with my bike/skin, but cool nonetheless.

Old June 30th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #117
This Girl Rides
Girly Gearhead <3

Name: Brittany

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 300

I have a feeling this thread will feed a false security to a lot of 250 and 300 riders....
and feed to the crash ratings as well

". . .No, it's not his. Care to demonstrate your ignorance again?"
This Girl Rides is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #118
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
and then show them your clutch plates

but really, good work. Not something I'd want to do with my bike/skin, but cool nonetheless.
Thx chone. I told you I was tuning my carbs to my wheelies lolol

Old June 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #119
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Girl Rides View Post
I have a feeling this thread will feed a false security to a lot of 250 and 300 riders....
and feed to the crash ratings as well
Hopefully not! Wear your gear ppl I just happened to leave mine at home for this vid!

Old July 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM   #120
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
still not the tried and true method of asjusting jetting, but if it works for you, then why not I guess. Right? Looks like you're better at wheelies than I'll ever be, so it must have worked.