ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #1
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSXR 600 K4, Kawasaki ninja 250r 08

Question Puig screen help!

Hey

Just revived my puig double bubble screen for my 08 ninja and im not sure if its something im doing but it doesn't fit... here is some pictures which will show better

I dont really want to have to bend the fairing or anything as it seems pretty solid for this to fit.

Here is the screen when it came looks fine to me.

Here it one side of the screen it is pushed all the way to the bottom and should just fit in, ( i think) i cant see any other way of it fitting. sorry about the dirty bike i cleaned and then it straight away rained on it the next day

And here is the other side of the screen which also doesnt fit

And the last picture to show you that it is all the way to the bottom

Help would be much appreciated as i have no idea what to do now other than contact the seller if there's no solution.

Ride safe Jack_bm
jack_bm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #2
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I want to say I had the same thing w mine, but it was a Zero Grav DB, but can't recall 100%...I believe when you take the stock screen off, the cowling goes back to a position like your seeing now. Put the stock one back in like this one is, and see if the wholes perfectly line up, or you see same results.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #3
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

IIRC I had to squeeze the fairing together for the holes to line up with my ZG DB.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Are you sure the sides of the windscreen are in the grooves of the fairing? I had pretty much the same issue. Even with the windscreen in the grooves though there was a gap. Had to push some for the holes to line up.

Thought this was only an issue with the Puig, but it seems some of the ZG ones do this too.

Stock one still fits fine; have had to push the Puig one whenever I've reinstalled it.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #5
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

cheers for getting back to me guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
Are you sure the sides of the windscreen are in the grooves of the fairing? I had pretty much the same issue. Even with the windscreen in the grooves though there was a gap. Had to push some for the holes to line up.

Thought this was only an issue with the Puig, but it seems some of the ZG ones do this too.

Stock one still fits fine; have had to push the Puig one whenever I've reinstalled it.
Yeah if it would have reached it would have been in the grooves and fitted alright, nice to know that its an issue with puig and i dont have to send it back (fingersed crossed) ill try pushing the fairings together tomorrow morning and let you know how it goees probably with some pictures (hopfully not of a snapped fairing )

Old January 6th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #6
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Yesss its a lovely day so i managed to get it on! was a bit worried about bending the fairing in but once i got past that i was alright, other little problem i had was the wash nut or what ever they're called (the ones in the rubber caseing) kept on coming out on one side and the third time of wrestling it back in and it coming out again i decided to just have it on there and not through the screen, i doubt it will affect it. Other than that i think it looks really good makes the bike a bit more my own

Heres some pics

Cheers for all the help again

Future mods
Shortie levers (possibly gold not sure yet)
New grips
Frame sliders
Dan moto or beowulf exhaust
Black Header cover http://ninja250r-parts.blogspot.com/...inja-250r.html
Remove rear pegs/hangers and get some sort of bracket to hold the exhaust
New tail light
Possibly a rear seat cowel (stupidly expensive for what it is though)

And thats all i can think of at the moment but we'll see in the near future on what happens!