Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old January 19th, 2022, 12:41 PM   #1
TonyLambert
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): As of now, None but had bmw 100rr 2016 and the Vulcan 650s

Luggage Suggestions!

I'm looking at saddlebags, tool bag, and a sissybar bag for my 2010 ZX-14 and would like some recommendations on them.
For the last three months, I'm planning to visit my uncle's house who lives in North Carolina. So, wants new durable luggage to carry my all basic stuff! Anyone who has experience in longer routes needs suggestions!
TonyLambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2022, 02:07 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

The gear isn't cheap, but I've had good experiences with Ventura racks and bags for sportbikes, going back almost 20 years. Once the bars are installed, it's quick and easy quickly mount and unmount the luggage, and it stays locked in place at speed much better than soft saddlebags. Used to travel 2-up on a ZX-12R, with one of the larger packs facing backwards and the smaller pack facing forward, and there was still room for a pillion - and we both had enough luggage space for a long weekend.

Here's what their Aero system looks like:

https://ventura-mca.com/collections/...ke-pack-system

Here's a link to the specific mounts available for your ZX-14:

https://ventura-mca.com/collections/...00-ninja-06-11

Here's a very old (I can't believe this was 19 years ago) pic of the ZX-12 with the Ventura pack. This has the large pack zipped in front of the bar, and the small pack zipped behind the bar. I can confirm this luggage setup is stable well over double any US speed limit (except maybe that 85 mph Texas road).

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2022, 07:38 AM   #3
TonyLambert
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): As of now, None but had bmw 100rr 2016 and the Vulcan 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The gear isn't cheap, but I've had good experiences with Ventura racks and bags for sportbikes, going back almost 20 years. Once the bars are installed, it's quick and easy quickly mount and unmount the luggage, and it stays locked in place at speed much better than soft saddlebags. Used to travel 2-up on a ZX-12R, with one of the larger packs facing backwards and the smaller pack facing forward, and there was still room for a pillion - and we both had enough luggage space for a long weekend.

Here's what their Aero system looks like:

https://ventura-mca.com/collections/...ke-pack-system

Here's a link to the specific mounts available for your ZX-14:

https://ventura-mca.com/collections/...00-ninja-06-11

Here's a very old (I can't believe this was 19 years ago) pic of the ZX-12 with the Ventura pack. This has the large pack zipped in front of the bar, and the small pack zipped behind the bar. I can confirm this luggage setup is stable well over double any US speed limit (except maybe that 85 mph Texas road).

@Alex Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry for the late response. Due to some work, I was out of the station just got back yesterday.
I have checked the links and they are a bit expensive. I'm still trying to look for an affordable one. There, one of the community members had suggested to go with this luggage https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-bags-large-tail-bag and for sissy bar bag should buy this one (https://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbag...-sissy-bar-bag).

Need your suggestions should I go with them or look something other one.
TonyLambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2022, 08:35 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

The tail bag looks OK, but you will need to figure out a way to mount that sissybar bag. There's nothing stock on the ZX-14 for it to attach to securely.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote