ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 30th, 2016, 01:18 PM   #1
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Tank stripe?

I'm thinking about putting a big Duccati style racing stripe on my 250. I have the blue one and I was gonna get a thick white stripe with the two small edge stripes to slap on it. However I was also thinking that I could do it with plasti dip? What do you think about that? Would it be better to just get the vinyl?
garyg199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #2
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyg199 View Post
I'm thinking about putting a big Duccati style racing stripe on my 250. I have the blue one and I was gonna get a thick white stripe with the two small edge stripes to slap on it. However I was also thinking that I could do it with plasti dip? What do you think about that? Would it be better to just get the vinyl?
Aren't you having enough problems with that bike! Now you want to add something Ducati to it?
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #3
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Aren't you having enough problems with that bike! Now you want to add something Ducati to it?
Lmao! Yeah! Well I'm not really having issues anymore! It's just a bit lean as of now. But I'm bored! I can't ride it yet because of this stupid inspection! Gotta wait another friggen month probably just to get it through! So in the meantime I wanna do stuff to it, ha! Probably shouldn't do to much though. Don't wanna have them fail me at the inspection after waiting so long.

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:20 PM   #4
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
I feel bad for you east coasters with your motorcycle inspections!
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #5
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Yeah it's a bunch of bull. And it's specialty inspection because the bike is on Salvage so I have to make an appointment, and to get an appointment I have to pay $100 for an application and then wait 3 days for them to call me and give me an appointment. And they said they're backed up like 4 weeks so that sets me back. I've had the bike over a month now I think and I've only ridden it down the street a couple times it sucks. The thing is barely broken in it only has 36 miles on it when I bought it!

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #6
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
I feel bad for you east coasters with your motorcycle inspections!
Ours aren't bad, tire tread depth, brake pad thickness, headlight, brake light, and horn are about it as I recall. That and most any mechanic shop or dealer has an inspection certified mechanic.

My 88 and 89 are "Antiques" and don't require inspection.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #7
garyg199
ninjette.org member

We'll see that's what I was hoping for. I was hoping I could find some little shop that I could pay a mechanic to inspect it for me but I guess because it's a State Specialty inspection for salvage vehicles , I guess there's certain paperwork that they need to see at the DMV? And I have to show them pictures of the damage and they have to see that I fixed any damage and even attempted to fix the scratches on it. It's so dumb! If anyone knows if I could get it done elsewhere in NJ pleaseeeee let me know! Maybe I should create a thread for that

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #8
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
So.... How much did you "save" buying this bike
I feel for you parked for who knows how long!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over

Old May 30th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #9
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Quote:
So.... How much did you "save" buying this bike
I feel for you parked for who knows how long!
What do you mean? I think I still got a deal man. Got it for 1500 bucks and other than it missing a blinker and having some scratches, the thing was in surprisingly good shape! I started having issues when I started messing with the carbs lol

Old May 30th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #10
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
What do you mean? I think I still got a deal man. Got it for 1500 bucks and other than it missing a blinker and having some scratches, the thing was in surprisingly good shape! I started having issues when I started messing with the carbs lol
Not a dig, Gary! I just feel for you stuck! Sometimes, and I've done it myself; I got a "deal" I later regretted. I don't have your patience; I must ride it the moment I get the key! I'd go nuts waiting! But I also enjoy wrenching so having a project is good too!

As to your NJ inspection system; is it not possible to make an appointment and throw the bike in a pickup or whatever and go to a quieter part of the state and get it inspected in a reasonable timeframe? We have licencing appointments but its common that one neighbourhood is busy as heck with a long waitlist and another often not far away is practically walk-in!

Old May 30th, 2016, 03:38 PM   #11
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Yeah I can't stand not being able to ride, it's killing me! I took it to work twice and only twice just to get a little outta my system. Even though it was "bad", I just couldn't resist lol. But as my girlfriend screamed at me, I realized I really didn't wanna have the thing impounded before I even got it "legally" on the road lol.

There's only three friggen salvage inspection stations in Jersey. Two of which are crazy far and I've called them all and they all said 4-5 weeks. The closest one to me was the shortest. It sucks big ones. I haven't even gotten the appointment yet because things have been tight, all my bills came at once so I'm finally going tomorrow to pay the 100 bucks and get the appointment. I wish I knew what they give the dmv so I could see about doing an "under-the-table , buy an inspection sticker" type thing. O don't think it's gonna happen though. Hopefully I'll be riding buy the 4th of July and still have a decent chunk of the season to ride. Makes me so sad

Every time my gas tank whines I feel like its crying haha

Old May 30th, 2016, 04:14 PM   #12
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

MOTM - Nov '15
@garyg99: Allow me to put on my old fart, wise man hat. Though it's tempting at times; go through life on the up & up. You may win a few under the table but if it becomes a habit: you will get bit and once marked its a tough go. You have a long life ahead. Waiting a month or so is a blink in hindsight. My 2 cents

Old May 30th, 2016, 04:30 PM   #13
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Angry

Quote:
@garyg99: Allow me to put on my old fart, wise man hat. Though it's tempting at times; go through life on the up & up. You may win a few under the table but if it becomes a habit: you will get bit and once marked its a tough go. You have a long life ahead. Waiting a month or so is a blink in hindsight. My 2 cents

Yeah I know you're exactly right. Even if I wanted to do that, I don't think I could. I don't think it's possible. But either way I would want to do things the right way because I really have a passion for bikes and I really love this bike already even though I haven't gotten to ride it and it's just a little 250. And being it's so low on Miles hopefully I'll be able to keep it for a while and then maybe hand it down to my lady. So yeah, definitely want to do things right. It just really sucks to have to wait but maybe I'll get lucky and I'll go in tomorrow and they'lll tell me it's not going to be that long

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 30th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #14
garyg199
ninjette.org member

Hey, back to the farkle topic... I really want to see what my options are for making the bike look a little pretty. I have the candy Thunder blue paint job or whatever it is comma and I'm not too crazy about it. I was thinking about painting it black or getting a carbon fiber vinyl wrap, but I was advised against both things. Has anybody seen any graphic kits that would go along with the blue paint job? Most of the ones that I've seen are for black paint. I don't want anything crazy or corny like skulls and Flames. I just want maybe some white vinyl accents or something, but I can't find any. Anybody know where I should look?

Old May 30th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #15
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
I really want to see what my options are for making the bike look a little pretty.
It should be red. Everyone knows red is the fastest!

Old June 7th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #16
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #17
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
It should be red. Everyone knows red is the fastest!
I don't know, Unregistered's Bike is purdy damn fast and it isn't red.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 14th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #18
Scary Jerry
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja259R...2006 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
I don't know, Unregistered's Bike is purdy damn fast and it isn't red.

It's getting better.
Scary Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote