ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #1
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE- SOLD to maverick9611

Glove Sizing

Can anyone help me with my glove sizing dilemma? Using the sizing charts my hand measures at 8.5" and the sizes run:

Medium: 7.5"-8.5"
Large: 8.5"-9.5"

Not sure what sizes to get, I'm thinking the large.

I thinking about getting these so I can use my NE gift certificate that I won from Alex. At this point anything will be better than my knuckless driving gloves.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_gloves.html

Old March 25th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #2
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

medium .. they will stretch trust me

I wear a size 8 .. when i order I order a small depending on the fit and stretch them a bit.

I just ordered this not 4 weeks ago in a small
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...es---2010.aspx

Old March 25th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #3
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
medium .. they will stretch trust me
In the same token you don't think they will shrink due to sweat?

Old March 25th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #4
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgrande View Post
In the same token you don't think they will shrink due to sweat?
No they shouldn't. Most fabric is pre-shrunk anymore and any tightening would be negated by the fact that your wearing them. Only way I could see them shrinking is by heating them quickly "a dryer" while wet.

Old March 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #5
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Cool thanks, I took your advice and ordered the medium in white! Just under $16 with shipping including my coupon

Old March 25th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #6
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

My experience was different. I ordered my size but I found it to be a little small because my fingers are longer and while I had hoped they would stretch, they didnt stretch enough to make that much of a difference. Palm size is one thing, finger length is another. If you have fairly normal finger length then I think you'll be fine. I have smaller hands with longer fingers, kinda like ET so I had a little trouble.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #7
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Don't cut the tags off and wear them around the house for an hour or two. If they still feel way to small ship them back!

Old March 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #8
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

I would highly suggest you go try them on some where or go out and try a whole bunch of different brands and models on to get a feel for the sizing and comfort variances.

As I mention in my glove review, even with getting the right size (medium) I had fit problems. I knew I was a medium in this model glove because I personally tried the glove in a small and it was too restrictive and my fingers hit the end before I could get my palm all the way in.

So, after receiving the medium, I like setasai found my index finger rubbing against the end regardless if I flex it or not. My other fingers fit perfectly. However, I found the glove to be a little big around the palm area. I will ride these until they fall off, as this was the glove I wanted and don't feel like returning, as my current military gloves just don't cut it for me. However, I learned a valuable lesson and that is even with getting the size that you are suppose to get doesn't mean it will fit you like it is suppose to.

That is why I suggest anyone who is looking for a pair of gloves to at least go shop around in person before deciding on a glove and be sure if you do end up ordering it, that you try on the exact same model of glove and size that you want, so there isn't any surprises.

Old March 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #9
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

I'll just have to wait and try them on, I can always exchange them. I just hate thinking I need the other size and after sending it back for exchange you want to compare the fit.

Unfortunately there isn't really any gear shops anywhere close to me, or that have any kind of good selection. I haven't invested in a good pair of gloves because I want to be able to try them on first. Last Summer I drove about an hour to a Cycle Gear store and they had an awful selection.

Old March 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #10
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgrande View Post
I'll just have to wait and try them on, I can always exchange them. I just hate thinking I need the other size and after sending it back for exchange you want to compare the fit.

Unfortunately there isn't really any gear shops anywhere close to me, or that have any kind of good selection. I haven't invested in a good pair of gloves because I want to be able to try them on first. Last Summer I drove about an hour to a Cycle Gear store and they had an awful selection.
I hear you there. I too had to drive about an hour to the closest CycleGear, but it was well worth the drive. However, I called the store before going down there and made sure they had some things I was interested in looking at/trying on, so that I didn't waste my time. I suggest calling them before you go down there as well and asking them what gloves they have available. Who knows, maybe this time you will find exactly what you want. I do know that CycleGear is constantly changing their inventory and if nothing else, you could always just order what you think you want in a size you think you need, as they tend to have a very competitive return policy. If I wasn't already ordering stuff from RevZilla then I would have ordered my gloves through the CycleGear store, as it is a lot easier to deal with stuff when you can physically go to the store where you purchased it.

Old April 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #11
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

I got the mediums at Nate's suggestion and they seem...to fit like a glove! Thanks for your input guys.

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #12
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Good deal! No problem.