Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old April 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE- SOLD to maverick9611

Ever have one of "those" days?

Today I had one of "those" days.

I was really excited that the weather was supposed to be nice today so I was planning all week to ride to my classes. In the morning I rode to the small market that is about 5 minutes away to grab breakfast. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the short ride and I ended up not riding to class later. I decided my car would be the better option. Riding just felt unnatural, I just wasn't flowing and none of my riding was fluid, i.e. braking, shifting, and cornering. I couldn't get off the throttle and my balance felt off.

One time last year I had a riding day like this and I left home and shortly returned home because it just wasn't working for me.

Has anyone else ever had one of those days?

Old April 14th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #2
PsychoNinja
Ninja Dog

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

I've had one of those days happen once and I decided it wasn't worth wrecking so I went back home and parked my bike.

Old April 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Because of some of my injuries, I have found that my enthusiasm to ride tends to mask my aches and pains and I would start riding and feel ugh! So, now I usually just make sure that I stretch and what not. So far it has worked out.

Old April 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

I parked my bike for a day because I was mad at someone... I rode about a half of mile, and went back home...

Live to ride another day...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #5
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

It happens. Sometimes I decide to just stay home and get a beer instead of doing anything.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #6
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. Got suited up, headed out to the bike, looked at it, and turned around because I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Sometimes you just have to know when to say no.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Today is one of those days... The wind is 25mph with gust to 50mph...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #8
Davis937
ninjette.org member

Name: Rollo

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r (silver)

Yup ... I had one of "those" days today. The weather was great and I tried to convince myself to get excited and ready to jump on the ole lady ... but ... the feeling just wasn't there. It was like ... hmm ... I was really tired and "something" just told me to skip riding today. Like someone else said, I just wasn't feeling it ... just didn't feel right ... so ... I ended up watching some of the NBA playoff games, played some tennis, and visited with some friends. Had a great day, feel really relaxed, and I'm excited about riding tomorrow!
Davis937 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #9
komohana
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

yep i've had one of them days you've described...

the ones that stand out for me are them days when intuition says 'NOT TODAY'

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I've had days where I feel that I am "off" in my control of the bike, but not to the point of being unsafe. I guess I am lucky in that regard.

I have had days, like today, where for some reason, my hot water heater decides it needs to spring a leak. So instead of riding on about as perfect a day as one could ask for, I have spent the entire day under the house messing around with the dang water heater. My wife is getting a part for it as I type this. I may have tightened a nut too tight. Apparently you need torque wrenches to work on them.