ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Name: Rigo

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

help with jetting!!!

Alright well im going to be taking my bike to the mechanic soon to get rejetted...but i still havent gotten the jetkit..lol...
my mods will be as followed
sportisi vr full exhaust
BRT TIS
snorkel removed
and later on a k/n slip on

so which kit do i get and will i need to upgrade to a bigger main jet with the use of the brt tis ignition?.....

i need help asap!.......thnx guys..lmk which kit and which main jet ..if it helps i live in pharr texas...
Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
You will need larger number jets than come in the kit. like 110 or 112 main jets should be good . The needle with the clip is good to have . you will have to see how the mid range it to determine where to place the clip . Dose your mechanic have a dyno?

What are you looking for? Economy performance or the magic mixture of both?
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
You will need larger number jets than come in the kit. like 110 or 112 main jets should be good . The needle with the clip is good to have . you will have to see how the mid range it to determine where to place the clip . Dose your mechanic have a dyno?

What are you looking for? Economy performance or the magic mixture of both?
thanks man...no my mechanic doesnt have a dyno ..but he he knows quite a bit about bikes although i doubt hes worked on a 250 r before....

my aim is more towards performance but without to much harm in economy..so i guess the magic mixture is what im lookin at..

i want to order by tommorow so quick responses are very much appreciated!.....
so i should jsut get the dynojet stage 2 and get keihin 110 main jets from jetsrus?.....

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #4
kkim

the selection of the mains will be determined by what intake setup you are going with... which is it?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
the selection of the mains will be determined by what intake setup you are going with... which is it?
for now like i said snorkel removal and stock air cleaner..but later on ill get a k/n
but just the slip in not the pods..

Old September 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
for now like i said snorkel removal and stock air cleaner..but later on ill get a k/n
but just the slip in not the pods..
snorkel removed
and later on a k/n slip on

that threw me. I thought you were going with pods later. I'd start w/ the stock 98's and move to a DJ 98 or 100 if the 98's prove to be too lean.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_to_...e_your_jetting

Old September 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Plasma
ninjette.org member

so who do i listen too..its like i have to different ninja gods giving me commands and im torn..lol....?

Old September 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #8
kkim

always work from a richer condition to a leaner one. I would follow Racer X's advice as I have no idea how the BRT TIS affects the jetting equation.

have a look at the jetting database and pick someone who has a similar setup to what you are planning and use that as a base to start.

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #9
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
The kit will only go to 100. with the BRT you will be able to run richer jets than you would otherwise. with the stock air box you should not need anything richer than 110-or112 . but a selection in between would be nice. I like the stock air box . It keeps water off the filter it is quieter and there is a resonance to it that will help bottom end power. But you mechanic will not like taking the back of the bike apart to the carbs out for reject. It is a pain in the butt . It dose get easier the second or third time .

You will be able to keep the stock crank case vent.But with the full system you should plug up the clean air system to keep the exhaust from popping when you down shift

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:44 AM   #10
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

With the proper tool, you don't have to pull the carbs for rejetting! See Vex's DIY.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #11
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The kit will only go to 100. with the BRT you will be able to run richer jets than you would otherwise. with the stock air box you should not need anything richer than 110-or112 . but a selection in between would be nice. I like the stock air box . It keeps water off the filter it is quieter and there is a resonance to it that will help bottom end power. But you mechanic will not like taking the back of the bike apart to the carbs out for reject. It is a pain in the butt . It dose get easier the second or third time .

You will be able to keep the stock crank case vent.But with the full system you should plug up the clean air system to keep the exhaust from popping when you down shift
alrighty bro....
so decision time which main jets should i go with?......110 or 112?

if it helps where i live it is extremely humid!..and very hott....
i need to get these things ordered asap..

once again thnks for everyone for the input!!!!

Old September 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #12
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
That is something you will have to figure out.But somewhere from 105 -114

There are a lot of other things to consider. Spark plug heat range is one and timing and the fuel you use. All play a part in the final jet selection. BUT from a guess. I would go 110 and don't go over 43 deg of advance and don't rev it past 13500 rpm . That is with the full system and a drop in K&N with the snorkel removed on pump gas 93. Also go cooler with the plug go from 8s to 9s. avoid pinning while testing and see how it runs.

Old September 15th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #13
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
With the proper tool, you don't have to pull the carbs for rejetting! See Vex's DIY.
Now you tell me.

Old September 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #14
Plasma
ninjette.org member

Quote:
That is something you will have to figure out.But somewhere from 105 -114

There are a lot of other things to consider. Spark plug heat range is one and timing and the fuel you use. All play a part in the final jet selection. BUT from a guess. I would go 110 and don't go over 43 deg of advance and don't rev it past 13500 rpm . That is with the full system and a drop in K&N with the snorkel removed on pump gas 93. Also go cooler with the plug go from 8s to 9s. avoid pinning while testing and see how it runs.
alright man!....i guess ill order the stuff tomorrow....
and what if i dont get the k/n right away will their be any downsides?
also haha since im a newb please explain the plug u speak of im guessing ur talking about the spark plugs...

Old September 16th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #15
Racer x

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
It all depends what you want . K&N pods are better for top end power . A slip in filter with the air box will have better bottom /mid range power. If you go with pods the jetting will be a touch richer. Do you ride in rain? The pods can get wet.

Running a cooler plug will help if get Pre Ignition . The stock plug is CR8E that will work well for most applications but .If you run the bike hard .And see the plug tip starting to melt . Then go to a CR9E.

Old October 28th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #16
webfoot
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250R

get the dyno jet kit and do it yourself, you will be glad you did down the road. It is so easy its almost sailor proof. if you change jetting before K&N slip ons, you will have to do again after you change, do it all at once.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote