ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #1
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

World of Warcraft vs Ninja 250R

Hey, maybe some of you are, were like me? I used to play WoW pretty often (a ton in the winter months) until April 20th,2009 when i got Nate!!!

My brother still plays it, then starts to bug me to get back into it Today!
I told him once winter starts (i work at a golf course, im a seasonal worker) then ill have Lots o Time for Wowin'.

So if anyone here has or does play Wow... what Realms do you guys play on and such? cuz perhaps this winter (while our bikes in storage) we can play and have some Fun killing time, until Spring returns for our 250R time!!!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #2
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

I play mainly on Rexxar (PvE)
I play 2nd most on Boulderfist (PvP)
I have afew lvl40s on Hyjal (PvE) <Thou i havent played them in 2-3 Years>
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #3
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

I played on...Argent Dawn, Alleria and Coilfang. The most recent was on coilfang, though I haven't played in a little over a year now.

Old August 16th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #4
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

im glad I didnt get into WOW, mostly because of the monthly cost which is a no no for me. I used to play games ALOT when I was in middle school but after a while I got bored of them. Only games I play now are nba 2k9, burnout paradise and oblivion (stopped oblivion a while ago though).
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #5
Wade
ninjette.org member

Name: Wade

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 Ninja 250

i play Dath'Remar
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #6
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Started when it first came out, played on Alleria and had a warrior. Stopped playing right before BC came out, and started playing again a couple weeks after Wrath came out. I now play a warlock on Dalvengyr. Recently I haven't been playing much. Getting ready for school to start.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 04:10 AM   #7
binlagin
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2005 CBR600RR

I had over 400 days played on a single character... I havn't logged in since i picked up my Ninja. Hope that doesn't chagne when the snow starts flying...

Wow is evil... and it has been tailored to much for n00bs
2005 CBR600RR - 2:19 Calabogie Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada
binlagin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #8
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I'm on Lightbringer. Joined over there due to high population (and a friend of mine who got me into the game was on there) so there is always SOMETHING going on. I keep seeing dead Horde in SW.

Yes, I play the alliance.

WoW tailored for noobs? They just are making it easier for people to level (need some kind of incentive to have noobs stay around. Grinding for levels will bore many people. So they are just making it easier to level. I'm sure the Epic Rider at 40 is a great thing to many (if they can afford it). They did nerf a ton of stuff that used to be rather difficult though. Still fun for me to play.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #9
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

I never got into Wow, it just never interested me in the least.

Right now I play a little bit of guild wars, maybe 1-2 nights a week.

I also played Runescape for quite a few years, but it's been quite a while since I played that, but I still have a couple of accounts there.

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #10
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

Tried WoW but prefer EQ2
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #11
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post

I also played Runescape for quite a few years, but it's been quite a while since I played that, but I still have a couple of accounts there.
I've had a long time love for mid evil times. The whole Merlin, Sir Lancelot, etc...

Things like that have always interested me. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter as well. So it really doesn't surprise me that my friend got me addicted to WoW. I try to play it at least 2 days a week for a couple of hours. I'm working on a Human Female warrior right now. Always nice to see a girl kick some butt. lol

Next I think I'll level my male Draenei Paly.

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #12
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:

Guild Wars FTW! No fees FTW! I tried one of WOWs free trials and just couldn't get into it. I tried Eve Online and wished I could have gotten into it because it looks so cool but compared to GW is way more complicated. City of Villans was disappointing.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #13
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I have never gotten into WoW-crack... Big Role Player though

Old August 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #14
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
Guild Wars FTW! No fees FTW!
Thats exactly why I decided to try Guild Wars. Some friends wanted to find something new, and I agreed on GW because its only $20 for the game and no monthly fees. Wow almost costs that monthly, which is the biggest turnoff about the game for me.

Runescape has a free and members version. I do have one members account, but it's only $5 a month, which isn't nearly as bad. But the free version of the game is quite large itself, so you can play for quite a while to see if you decide on getting members or not, which is a nice aspect.

Old August 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #15
bob706

Quote:
Wow almost costs that monthly, which is the biggest turnoff about the game for me.
Wow must be doing something right cause they have way more subscribers than GW. How does Runescape stack up against GW?

Old August 17th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #16
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Wow must be doing something right cause they have way more subscribers than GW. How does Runescape stack up against GW?
They are two completely different games, you really can't compare them.

Runescape is the second largest game world wide (Wow is number 1), so I guess that could say enough about the game. It have great gameplay, which to me is what matters. Most people trying to put the game down focus on "poor" graphics. In reality, it is a game that runs in your browser that is Java based, and it is by far the most advanced Java game in the world. When you look at it from that point (no downloads, strictly run online) its graphics are pretty amazing. I personally have never liked Wow's graphics anyways, but that may be because I was always a runescape player.
The game itself is huge. I have played almost 8 years and I'm not even close to maxing my character out. There are of course those who have, but they play 12+ hour days for years. There's over 20 skills in the game to work on from combat to fishing, to crafting, and thieving. I think that is what makes the game great, when you get tired or bored, there's always a variety of other skills to work on.

GW im fairly new to. I just reached level 20 and I'm about half way through the mission part of the game. I'm not sure how far it goes after that since I'm still new to the game. The world is definitely huge, but there isn't much to actually do in the game aside from the quests and missions. I play 1 night a week and in 3 months I'm past half way. This game so far looks like I'll be done and bored of it in a couple of months, but who knows.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #17
bob706

I will definitely check Runescape out. GW pve does get a little boring but the pvp makes up for the questing gring.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #18
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

All I know is that I hope Blizzard does release Diablo 3. I still run Diablo 2 on my desktop.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #19
bob706

I tried out Runescape during lunch - felt like I was playing on my old commadore 64. I'm not knocking it as I'm sure it's a good game for some but I guess GW is more my type of game.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #20
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Yancy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

I use to play WoW some time ago. It stopped being fulfilling to me pretty quick. I don't like grinding.

A few months ago, I found EVE online. MUCH better. I never feel constricted and there's no grind. I can pretty much do what ever I want. And, I found an awesome corp.

Yes, all MMOs are like crack. Very addicting. It's difficult trying to find a balance between the two lives. But, my wife kicks me in the butt every once in awhile and reminds me I have fun stuff to do here too
beowuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #21
bob706

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowuff View Post
I use to play WoW some time ago. It stopped being fulfilling to me pretty quick. I don't like grinding.

A few months ago, I found EVE online. MUCH better. I never feel constricted and there's no grind. I can pretty much do what ever I want. And, I found an awesome corp.

Yes, all MMOs are like crack. Very addicting. It's difficult trying to find a balance between the two lives. But, my wife kicks me in the butt every once in awhile and reminds me I have fun stuff to do here too
I found the learning curve on EVE to be too intense after playing GW. I've heard if you can make it though the tutorial the game plays great plus the fee isn't as much as wow.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #22
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I found the learning curve on EVE to be too intense after playing GW. I've heard if you can make it though the tutorial the game plays great plus the fee isn't as much as wow.
That's probably true. They just revamped the tutorial a few months ago to make it easier for noobs.

I think the game NEEDS to be complicated because they try not to restrict you from doing what you want. If I get tired of something, there's a ton of other things I can do instead.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #23
bob706

Cool. If they made the tut a bit more friendly I may have to give Eve another try.

Back to the original question of the thread - the bike wins over the game

Old August 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #24
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Back to the original question of the thread - the bike wins over the game
Ha ha... I forgot that part... I ride to work at least 3 times a week. Plus rides on the weekends, means I think I spend more time on the bike then in Eve. Thus, bike wins

Old August 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #25
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
They just are making it easier for people to level (need some kind of incentive to have noobs stay around. Grinding for levels will bore many people. So they are just making it easier to level.
Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II. That games grinding for levels makes WoW look way too easy. One of my friends had some work mates that took 2 weeks off from work, played WoW the entire time and made it to max level (level 40 at the time) in those 2 weeks. If that's what you consider hard leveling and a lot of grinding then you have very little exposure to other games.

I played WoW for about 2 months and in that time got to level 30+. In Lineage II the same amount of play would have gotten about to level 20 if your lucky with a max level of 74 at the time (it's now level 80 in L2). I liked some things in WoW but felt the PVP was unrewarding compared to L2. Didn't like GW's for the PVP and the fact that it was more solo play then MMORPG. Also played Earth and Beyond back in the day, Warhammer (still have an active account for when I finally get MY computer hooked back up), and several others over the years.

The next game I want to try is Darkfall. If you haven't heard of it before I suggest you check it out on Youtube. Don't go by the info on their home page, they haven't really done a good job in updating the home page for Darkfall since they focused so much on the game.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #26
ScraitT
Green!

In Guild Wars I am already level 20 (max). With serious playing, someone could achieve that in under a week. I was bored one weekend, started a new player, and got from level 1 to level 15 in 2 days, and that was maybe 5 hour days (not 10+ like some people).
That's my main dislike with guild wars so far, I'm already level 20...what next?

As far as Runescape. That is a game you could grind on for ever and still not max out everything. Level 99 is the max you can get in a skill, and in 8 years I have only maxed out 3-4 skills. Level 138 is the max combat level and I have managed to make it to 132 so far. Out of the millions of account on the game, I think there are only 50-60 account maxed out with 99 everything, so it's not something easy to do.

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #27
bob706

Quote:
In Guild Wars I am already level 20 (max). With serious playing, someone could achieve that in under a week. I was bored one weekend, started a new player, and got from level 1 to level 15 in 2 days, and that was maybe 5 hour days (not 10+ like some people).
That's my main dislike with guild wars so far, I'm already level 20...what next?
Getting to lvl 20 is easy but getting the skills, armour, etc, is what you have to grind at unless you make a pvp only character. Alot of what GW is about is obtaining titles from what I can tell. And unless you are part of a good guild it will be boring.

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #28
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

I haven't played WoW in forever, but I doubt I'll be jumping back into it any time soon. UOWoW launched a while ago, its something to check out.

I go back to GW every now and then, it's only strength in my opinion is having no monthly fees. Otherwise it gets pretty boring pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
The next game I want to try is Darkfall. If you haven't heard of it before I suggest you check it out on Youtube. Don't go by the info on their home page, they haven't really done a good job in updating the home page for Darkfall since they focused so much on the game.
I did the beta of Darkfall. It's ****** unless you are playing with a bunch of friends. Solo, and you'll frequently get caught by the gank partys or a guy who macro'ed his skills up.
I know they released a NA server recently though, and there has been many patches since beta. So who knows, it may be better.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #29
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

The whole getting ganked by gank parties and the cheaters is nothing new to me. I went through that in every PVP oriented game I've played thus far. You just have to learn how to live with that and try to survive to the point you can fully enjoy the complexity of the game.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #30
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Getting to lvl 20 is easy but getting the skills, armour, etc, is what you have to grind at unless you make a pvp only character. Alot of what GW is about is obtaining titles from what I can tell. And unless you are part of a good guild it will be boring.
That might end up being my problem with the game then...i've never been big into clans/guilds on games. I play to enjoy the game when I have free time, and most guilds/clans have all these requirements of hours you need to play and blah blah blah.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:53 PM   #31
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

I have a couple of 80s that are t7ed out I would like to get rid of. they are horde and also i have a few 65+ that are allys. they are transferrable and have ass tons of gold on them. hit me up for more info
istreefitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #32
zach
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 650R, 2009 250R

I'm on Medivh. 80 shammy, and DK, and 75 Druid, and then a bunch of alts. I still pick riding the bike over playing wow, but it rains a lot this time of year, and there's not much else to do.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #33
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

huh...I don't think we have ever talked about wow on our rides Dave.

I played since launch until jan '09 on Bronzebeard, so over 4 years. I have 2 lvl 80s (Warrior tank (Main), Shadow Priest), and 2 lvl 70s (Resto Druid, Combat Rogue) The 70's were waiting their turn to be leveled up.

I don't regret a second of it either.

The game just isn't holding my attention though. If I play, I have to raid. The expansions did some pretty good things, but it made the raid game very hard to get in to...at least with competent group of players. Also no runs ended before 1 AM, and made it rough going to work the next day.

My brother still plays, and tries to get me back in. I still love the game, but there are too any things inside, and outside of the game that keep me from playing anymore.

I especially love games that I can pause/save/quit anytime, and it doesn't affect other people, and other people can't affect me...unlike wow where your position in the group might cripple them if you leave. Think of a quarterback in football leaving mid-game...can't move on until you find another quarterback...

I've been playing through fallout 3...but the game is buggy as hell. I keep looking for other interesting games, but the innovation just isn't out there these days. We'll see what Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 bring to the table.

Otherwise I'll be out zoomin around on the 250.
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #34
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

Quote:
Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II.
Oh god I remember that game. Lineage II was just horrible with grind. Nothing has yet to compare with that with the exception of hell levels in the original everquest.

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #35
patw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
I have never gotten into WoW-crack... Big Role Player though
Pen/Paper, LARP or online (Mush/Mud/Moo)?

Old August 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Ash
ninjette.org member

Name: Ash

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Mostly Bloodscalp (PvP server) - 3 lvl 80 toons. holy/ret pally;mark/survival hunter;unholy/frost DK. I drop in for BGs and WG for resil PvP gear, some dailies for rep, marks and seals. Depends on the guildies - usually not big into arena or (PvE) instances esp PUGs.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #37
Nny
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Been playin since release but I cancel my subscription once it gets warm out and start it back up again when it gets cold.

Used to be I would cancel so I can go skateboarding. However, I have taken down my half pipe and hanging up the board for motorcycles.

2 level 80's, a 71, and a bunch of others on several realms. Most on Baelgun though.

So much rain again this year I was considering keeping the account active for the year.

I played Everquest before WoW. I tried out warhammer online..but didn't do it for me the way WoW does.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #38
zach
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 650R, 2009 250R

i used to be on Baelgun too. Think I was in a guild called Spartans for a while.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #39
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II. That games grinding for levels makes WoW look way too easy. One of my friends had some work mates that took 2 weeks off from work, played WoW the entire time and made it to max level (level 40 at the time) in those 2 weeks. If that's what you consider hard leveling and a lot of grinding then you have very little exposure to other games.

I played WoW for about 2 months and in that time got to level 30+. In Lineage II the same amount of play would have gotten about to level 20 if your lucky with a max level of 74 at the time (it's now level 80 in L2). I liked some things in WoW but felt the PVP was unrewarding compared to L2. Didn't like GW's for the PVP and the fact that it was more solo play then MMORPG. Also played Earth and Beyond back in the day, Warhammer (still have an active account for when I finally get MY computer hooked back up), and several others over the years.

I wasn't complaining. I know others have short attention spans when it comes to games. A lot of people like to have instant gratification (leveling quickly), so WoW is trying to adapt to that. A shame, but people are liking it. I think it should be a tough grind at first, but once you have 1 level 80, then the XP tables change and you get a buff on other characters on the account, thus making your alts easier to level.

I've been playing WoW for a year now and I'm at lvl50. Granted I haven't had much time to play. In several cases it has been WoW or homework for school. So I chose school. Now that I'm ending school, I'll be able to play WoW a bit more.

Old August 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #40
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I wasn't complaining. I know others have short attention spans when it comes to games. A lot of people like to have instant gratification (leveling quickly), so WoW is trying to adapt to that. A shame, but people are liking it. I think it should be a tough grind at first, but once you have 1 level 80, then the XP tables change and you get a buff on other characters on the account, thus making your alts easier to level.

I've been playing WoW for a year now and I'm at lvl50. Granted I haven't had much time to play. In several cases it has been WoW or homework for school. So I chose school. Now that I'm ending school, I'll be able to play WoW a bit more.
There are items you can buy (if you're level 80) for your low level characters that have stats that scale with your level. There are also shoulders, and now a chest piece that give +10% xp (from monsters and quests), so you can get +20% xp gain on a lower level character.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote