ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Schuberth C3 with SRC-System

Went and checked out this sexy bitch of a helmet. Super comfy, modular, good air flow, hard to fog it up without the anti fog, impossible to fog with the anti fog, optional bluetooth radio system, flip down sunglasses. Goddamn, love this helmet! Definitely going to pick one up when my insurance money comes in. They only come in some boring colors but thats still cool. Going to equip my bikes with some cup holders and get my drink on at some redlights.

The bluetooth radio will connect to your phone and it has buttons on the collar of the helmet to answer and skip songs. You can also have a 3 way with other bikers who have the same helmet Also connects to GPS's and reads out your directions to you. Oh and built in FM tuner, damn son.

Should cost right around $1100

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Just waiting for @gfloyd2002 to come tell me this isn't safe enough
AFM #676

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #3
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #4
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, Fazer8

It's not because it's a flip up helmet that it isn't safe, just don't ride it when open This is Schuberth we're talking about
I have this helmet but without the bluetooth system, so I paid 530 euros for it. It really is a great helmet and those sunglasses are the most practical invention ever

Comfort and airflow is as you say perfect, but pay attention: not on our ninjas.
I have the stock windshield and in a normal riding position (not tucked in) the wind noise is really loud. Maybe if you have another windshield or want to stand up all the time, it won't bother you, I use earprotection anyhow.

Old April 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Interesting, the 2 bikes I'll be riding with this helmet have adjustable windscreens so I'm sure I can find a position that will keep it nice and quiet. As for the Bluetooth, I thought it would be nice to have gps directions read to me and sometimes I like to listen to music, most of the time I like to listen to wind
AFM #676

Old April 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #6
gadgetguy1288
Coastie Tweet

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Ebony, 2012 BMW F800R White

I'm looking at this helmet as well. Already found a dealer in my areathat sells them(also happens to be the dealer that just sold me my new bike) so I'm gonna pick one up in the next few weeks, and hopefully with a discount too.
gadgetguy1288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Be nice if you could get a discount on it. I really like their 3 year replacement program too
AFM #676

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Wanted to like this helmet. Would sync well with the bluetooth system on the BMW. But - it just didn't fit me well.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #9
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Be nice if you could get a discount on it. I really like their 3 year replacement program too
Ow yeah, after my little crash, the helmet needed replacement. After waiting a mega long time for the police papers, it only took 2 weeks to send the helmet to Schuberth and get a completely new one.

Their service is flawless. but don't forget to register

One other remark: maybe it has something to do with the misformed airflow caused by my ninja, but they aren't good in the rain. drops come running in the inside of your visor, making it very hard to see and very disturbing because you can't just wipe them.

Old April 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
A little silicon might fix that
AFM #676

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM   #11
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

I sincerely wish you good luck with that you might never open your visor again

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:36 AM   #12
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I tease on helmet impact zones, but I rode with a flip up for about 5 years and found it really convenient. The Schuberth latch system (often a weakness in flip ups) is great. And it carries an ECC R 22.05 certification, which is a kickass standard suitable for racing in Europe. I suspect if they paid for the testing, it'd pass Snell, too.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
O.o well now I feel good again
AFM #676

Old March 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM   #14
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

How are you liking the Schuberth Sean? I've managed to haggle a shop down from £437 to £379 on a silver xl one, he said it was a price for that day so I politely said no, and he's given me till lunchtime monday.

Did you get the neck communications system, and if so is it any good with FM?
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I'm not Jiggles, obviously, but I adore my C3 and it held up admirably in my accident. The locking mechanism is super solid, I'm more than comfortable wearing it and being aware that I may take an impact anywhere on it.

The fit is amazing, and when I switched to the C3w it was only better -- at this point I'm waiting for the C3Pro Women's to come into stock here in the States.

I've never used the SRC, but I'm planning to pick it up and soder up the speakers to instead be a mini audio jack so I can plug my headset into it, when I do I'll post a DIY and review of how it works for me.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM   #16
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Thanks Yakaru! I know you're not Jiggles, you're possibly better

I'm very taken with the c3 right now, after my crash i've been putting off buying a new helmet and I droped mine the other day and the visor has a nice scratch..

It's forking out £379 instead of £140 that'll be the hard part!

When you say you're going to hook the c3 up as a headset.. i assume you'd be pumping audio into the c3 from a seperate device? I'd be tempted to get a low powered FM transmittor and tune the c3 src into that to avoid voiding anything.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM   #17
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
Thanks Yakaru! I know you're not Jiggles, you're possibly better

I'm very taken with the c3 right now, after my crash i've been putting off buying a new helmet and I droped mine the other day and the visor has a nice scratch..

It's forking out £379 instead of £140 that'll be the hard part!

When you say you're going to hook the c3 up as a headset.. i assume you'd be pumping audio into the c3 from a seperate device? I'd be tempted to get a low powered FM transmittor and tune the c3 src into that to avoid voiding anything.
Re: the headset. From the reviews the SRC system itself (controls, range) is great but the speakers aren't. My intent is to cut the speakers out and put in a jack so I can plug in any speakers I want and then connect my in-ear headphones with the earplug tips. This would let me hear the SRC system directly without needing to compromise my hearing protection or struggle to hear.

The helmet is pretty expensive, but the Mobility Program is great (here in the US: replacement after a non-track accident, with a police report, is 1/3rd retail; it may differ elsewhere), so if you get one be sure to register it.

Some more comments:
because the helmet doesn't have to fit over your whole head it seals around your neck really well. It's very quiet, relatively speaking (though if I'm getting on the highway I want plugs still). Additional bonus is that this means that if it's cold and you close up the vents that your neck/chin will stay pretty warm, but if needed a scarf or balaclava will always make this better. In the summer the ventilation is quite good, I had no problem riding in the Vegas heat.

The 'ratchet' strap is very easy/fast to use versus DRings, I can get the helmet on and off in seconds.

I'm happy enough with it that I don't think I'll ever buy a non-schuberth helmet at this point
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM   #18
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Well I know where i'll be going on my lunch monday

I love ratcheting helmets, most come with the ratchets here, I think the mobility program is applicable here also, either way i'll probably be getting it, the dealer had a C2 I was tempted with for dirt cheap, but it's way too old and the c3 seems to be a complete redesign so i'd always be in regret for not getting the c3.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM   #19
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
You cannot go wrong with a schuberth but as for the src system, it's not worth $400
AFM #676

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #20
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I gone and did it

It's epicly quiet. It needs some time to break in i'm sure, but i'll probably blog my general opinions later.

I got the lid for $570 and the SRC I got him down to $242 but i'll get it next month. So i'm happy for that price.