ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

1-800-Contacts

Lately I have been extremely lucky and over-satisfied with customer service at different companies. While sitting on my couch watching tv and searching the forum 20 minutes ago, my right contact split in 2 while in my eye after just a blink. That was the second one I had lost from my brand new box that I bought a few weeks ago; the first fell out while I was in my pool shortly after placing it in my eye for the first time.

I got rather angry and decided it would be best to call 1-800-contacts to resolve my issue; and resolve they did. I was happily surprised not to find an automated machine talking to me with options, but a real, yes that's right, a real person! The customer support rep brought up my account info within 30 seconds with just my phone number and an address verification check . I explained to her what happened to my contacts and she said "Well, Sir, we do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee; so I will have them send out 2 new contact lenses to your house. They should arrive within 1-2 weeks depending on if we have your prescription in stock or not."

I recommend 1-800-contacts to any fellow contact wearer's because it's difficult to find a company with good customer support these days; and they really exceeded expectations within the short, 5 minute period that resolved my issue.

p.s. I also dealt with Progressive's customer service earlier today regarding my motorcycle coverage. Although I did have to wined my way through a few automated options before speaking to a representative; they handled my problem within a few minutes and I have to give props to them as well.

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a cheap but reputable place to buy my contacts from.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
if you ever don't want to deal with a machine, hit '0' five times, you'll be taken directly to a human.

as a side note, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico!

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #4
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
if you ever don't want to deal with a machine, hit '0' five times, you'll be taken directly to a human.

as a side note, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico!
Let me guess...it was so easy that even a Caveman can do it.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a cheap but reputable place to buy my contacts from.
They are on the cheaper side but I did find that costco has cheaper prices for my specific contacts, though the gas money it would take to get there cost more. I knew from personal experience that costco refused to replace them for similar reasons and don't, or at least didn't offer a satisfaction guarantee at the time..

Old July 7th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Let me guess...it was so easy that even a Caveman can do it.
who you callin' a caveman?!

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #7
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Yep, I have always ordered only from them. Quick and free shipping, no hassles, they run a great business!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #8
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

Just as an fyi I don't remember if you are newish to contacts, but contacts and pools are never the greatest mix especially if you just put the contact in.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #9
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
Just as an fyi I don't remember if you are newish to contacts, but contacts and pools are never the greatest mix especially if you just put the contact in.
I know, that was my own mistake. I admitted to them that the one lost in the pool was my fault and they still replaced it . I've worn contacts for at least 7 years now. I would generally wear goggles in the pool but unfortunately I lost my only pair that day .

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #10
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

Lol I don't even bother with goggles I'm lazy. But that is always good to hear of good customer service, its the reason why amazon gets a lot of my money. Nice thing about my new job they reimburse contacts so I'm not as concerned with price so I just order from my eye doctor.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #11
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

i been getting mine from save on lens.com, mainly cause they dont need to verify if you have a up to date prescription for contacts .. cheap and fast shipping too.. never had to call there cust service dept.
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #12
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Really? That's awesome to know because I like to only get my eyes checked every couple of years. I know when I can't see. Since I don't have vision insurance, I usually just stock up on contacts throughout the year and have a 2 year supply, but it's great to know there's a place that doesn't even check. I wonder how they can get away with that?

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #13
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

Yeah same with me ... My script hasn't changed in the last 5 yrs so I hate having to go get another eye exam every year. Not sure how they do it but I don't understand why you even have to have a prescription to get contacts in the first place. Another cool site for glasses, coastal contacts. Com they give free glasses away like every month. I always find out cause my wife gets updates from them through Facebook .. we got like 4 pairs of glasses through them totally free didn't even have to pay shipping. They give like 10,000 pairs away at a time and normally are gone withing a day lol
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote