ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #1
luoyuejia
ninjette.org member

Name: Albert

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Pads behind Lower Fairings

Hey everyone,

I'm changing out my left lower fairing because I had a small lowside a while ago. Anyways, to the point: I know there are pads behind the fairing, and the new fairing I received in the mail does NOT have those pads. Do I really have to order those pads? (they're freaking $40 each!) Is there anyway I can remove the pads from my previous fairing (they aren't damaged) and place them onto my new fairing?

Thanks

P.S. What purpose do the pads on the left fairing serve? I know the ones on the right serve as a heat shield for the exhaust.
P.S.S. I'm doing some more reading on the pads, and I've been made aware that if I remove the left padding very carefully, as in paying attention to the adhesive, I'll be able to reuse them on my new fairing. Can I get verification? If so, do I need to purchase new adhesive and apply a new layer before putting them on, or what? (What kind of adhesive?)
luoyuejia is offline   Reply With Quote