Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #1
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
"Mojo Lever" do you own one?

I'm thinking of ordering a mojo lever to change my tires that keep dying one left and right but wanted to look at and or use it in person before ordering it. So anyone in the Bay Area have a mojo lever I could borrow or look at.

Also any positive or negitive reviews.

http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoweb.htm
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #2
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Harbor Freight item #42927, Motorcycle Tire Changer Attachment. This part is discontinued from Harbor Freight. I'm not exactly sure what it looks like, so you may be able to just get one made. The Mojo Lever is meant to be used in conjuction with the above attachment, as well as the Harbor Freight item #34542, Portable Tire Changer.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #3
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I'm making my own mounting rig so all I need is the mojo lever. I could probably make my own but it just not at the top of list of things to get done right now.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
those things are golden. if you have a good mount with the center bar you can change a tire in like 10 seconds.

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
also have you thought about maybe rotating your tires like they do on cars? lol.

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

I have had one for about 2 years and absolutely love mine.
I was not a fan of the mount end on the No-mar bar's. The Mojo Lever mount end resembles what most tire machines use.
The bar will work on any type of mount that will hold a rim, not just the harbor freight set up. You don't even need the center bar support most of the time. I just used mine to mount a set of rubber on the CB1000R, worked beautifully.

It does take some skill to master and lubrication is the key. I wasn't using proper technique on my last change and slightly bent the dismount end. I e-mailed Mitch and he sent me a new bolt/tip free of charge, he has excellent support for his product.

A few things to note:
1) The dismount tip is round and not flat like the No-mar bar, you will have to pry the beads farther away to insert the tip.

2) The dismount tip is also very short. You must either be very careful or further protect the bar after the tip base.

3) You must insert the mount end into the tire before trying to start the bead.

Overall it is a very sturdy and easy to use bar. It will not scratch your wheels if properly used. There are several videos and a manual I suggest researching. When I first got the bar I use to fight with it, I was not using the proper technique. Tire changes are a breeze now that I know how to properly use the bar. You should never have to fight the tire with this bar!

I also use my bar to mount car tires

*PS > There is also a gentleman selling a bar with the best of both the No-mar and Mojo bars into one. It has flat dismount No-mar tips and the flat tire machine style mount end. Might be another option. http://no-scufftiretool.com/ I would have likely gone with this bar, it appears to be cheaper as well!