ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 30th, 2015, 02:01 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Grom 50 Scrambler concepts revealed

HONDA hasn’t revealed any official details but it has handed out some pictures of a brace of Grom 50 Scrambler concept bikes it will show in Tokyo next month.

Taking the Ducati Scrambler idea and miniaturising it in that old-fashioned Japanese way, Honda’s engineers have created a couple of very cool looking devices, and we understand that at least one of them is destined for production.

The silver ‘Concept-One’ is retro-styled, while the green ‘Concept-Two’ is a more 21st century take on the idea.

Which do you prefer?
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Turbo-charged Suzuki concept
Suzuki’s electric monkey bike
Kawasaki's J-concept
Video: Kawasaki 'J' concept in action
Yamaha concept bikes revealed

Click here for full story...

Old September 30th, 2015, 03:08 AM   #2
JenkinsBradbury
ninjette.org member

Name: Jenkins

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, DRZ400SM.

The silver one is the most appealing but Id still probably buy the standard Grom if I actually had the choice here in Australia. Green one reminds me of the odd looking '16 Yamaha XSR700. Both designs are too busy and overstyled...
JenkinsBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2015, 04:27 AM   #3
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Modernized Z50. I like the green on better from what I can see on my phone.

My but is too fat for a 50cc.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #4
motoman
ninjette.org member

Name: derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 ninja

Sorry but the whole grom thing I just Don,t get it reminds me of the street legal dirt bikes of the 70;s. These things are so small that cagers will just run right over you
motoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #5
JenkinsBradbury
ninjette.org member

Name: Jenkins

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, DRZ400SM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Sorry but the whole grom thing I just Don,t get it reminds me of the street legal dirt bikes of the 70;s. These things are so small that cagers will just run right over you
Really depends where you live. In tight built up cities like Sydney Australia (Rode an R1 here over a weekend and the whole time I wished I had a scooter), San Francisco, London etc one of these little bikes would be perfect. Most of the time you can barely even reach the speed limit and you are just wasting the life of your bike and possibly overheating and causing damage.

This is the point. Being able to run for ages costing barely anything, not overheating itself or it's rider, lane splitting, easy parking, get away with hooliganism because of cuteness, easily serviced and maintained by anyone, worst case you never change the oil or check clearances and break the engine you can buy a whole new one fairly cheaply too.

In my home town Adelaide the city is very small with poor traffic flow and terrible parking, one of these or a Braaap 125 would be an ideal second bike.

Sure you could just get a Ninja 250r as a second bike (which I have done for now) but the Grom is just so much more appealing. If only they were a little cheaper and were available in Australia.

I used to have a Madass 125cc about 5 years ago and Iv always regretted selling it. Bad thing about madasses is they were only good for a couple of years then quality dropped off dramatically and I haven't been able to find a good one.
JenkinsBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2015, 08:00 PM   #6
windingroads
ninjette.org member

Name: Robb

Motorcycle(s): 1989 GL1500 Goldwing

I think those things would sell like nickel tappers ... very cool.
windingroads is offline   Reply With Quote