Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old August 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #1
nit8690
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r soon

Ugh I am going Crazy

So I was planning on buying my ninjette towards the Start of Aug. Well the Dealership here sold the 2011 white ninja 250 they had. so I couldnt get one. well now winter is starting to sneak up on us and I cant decide if I should get one for the last month or 2 of summer/fall I could have enough money to straight up buy one next spring. but I am going crazy not being able to ride...every time I go out and see people riding I get envious. what to do what to do...I have to vent about this somehow lol

Old August 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit8690 View Post
So I was planning on buying my ninjette towards the Start of Aug. Well the Dealership here sold the 2011 white ninja 250 they had. so I couldnt get one. well now winter is starting to sneak up on us and I cant decide if I should get one for the last month or 2 of summer/fall I could have enough money to straight up buy one next spring. but I am going crazy not being able to ride...every time I go out and see people riding I get envious. what to do what to do...I have to vent about this somehow lol
Honestly I would wait till spring. First it's much more enriching to know you OWN your bike instead of making payments on it. Second, you could very well find another white one between now and then. And lastly, you would have to get it ready for winter soon and would only get a small amount of pleasure before going through the hassle of winterizing it and hoping you did it right. (not everyone does and then they pay for it in the spring)
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/moved to general

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I'm in the same boat. It's going to be September by the time I get my license. And then once I find a bike to buy, it may very well be October.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #5
avneet
Kryptonite

Name: Avneet

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Positive is that you can get better prices in winter than in spring. Their demand drops and dealers lower prices to accommodate, or else they would not sell period over winter. That;s what I've been doing. Slowly been seeing the prices drop (esp. on craigslist where they dropped $1500 on average since the beginning of summer).
avneet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #6
nit8690
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r soon

yeah well you get what I mean buy one before the riding season comes. but I wont get a lower price on the bike I want. I am buying a new ninja. like most people on this website I plan to keep my ninja 250 so I want a new one so I can be the only person who has riden it. I am just really ocd about my stuff. but I know I will get my bike its just everytime I go anywhere I see at least 5 bikes and I just wanna ride

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #7
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

bikes are cheaper in the winter than the spring
azimmer11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #8
avneet
Kryptonite

Name: Avneet

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit8690 View Post
yeah well you get what I mean buy one before the riding season comes. but I wont get a lower price on the bike I want. I am buying a new ninja. like most people on this website I plan to keep my ninja 250 so I want a new one so I can be the only person who has riden it. I am just really ocd about my stuff. but I know I will get my bike its just everytime I go anywhere I see at least 5 bikes and I just wanna ride
You can get a new bike cheaper. The demand of bikes fall in winter and dealers have a harder time selling them. Thus they lower the prices to get more people interested.
avneet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I've been told, though, that since the Ninja is such a demanding bike the prices won't drop too significantly in the winter, because they're going to be sold easily when riding season comes again.

I still think it's a good idea to buy in the winter, I might do it myself. It depends on how much cheaper they really are. Plus consider how you're going to get it home lol
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #10
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you don't need sunshine to enjoy a bike. riding in the rain is fun unless your bike dies from mysterious electrical issues. but ninjettes don't have problems like that...

also side note, almost every dealer will deliver the bike to you for "free". edit: quoted "free" because you already are paying for it with the 'shipping and handling' charges... but you usually can't get out of those charges if you drive it off the lot, hence the "free"