ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Name: Trent

Motorcycle(s): 2004 YZF-600r ---- 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Almost!!!

So I was driving home tonight from work and I get to 3 way intersection shaped like this -| and an alley on the right side.
I was at the bottom of the three way intersection and a cop was on the left. I was approaching the intersection about 10 miles per hour over the speed limit and I see both the cop and the light turning yellow. Knowing that I was speeding, I knew it would be a bad idea to fly through it going over the speed limit and running a yellow and potentially a red if I wasn't fast enough. I couldn't speed up to get through it in time without getting pulled over for speeding.

My idea, in a split second, was to stop. So here's how I almost crashed, my back tire locked up and the back swung counter clockwise. I managed to keep the bike up, without even putting my feet down. I was quite impressed with myself!

The cop looked over at my screeching tires and pulled into the alley. I assumed at that point that he was going to turn around and ticket me when I passed by. He might of had been trying to do that but I looked at the narrow alley when I passed by and there was no room for him to turn around.

There's my story. ABS would have saved the embarrassment and scare. BUT! NO CRASH!

Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged7Fold View Post
ABS More front brake / less rear brake would have saved the embarrassment and scare.
FTFY.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Enfemus
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Blue

What Alex said. I also slow down a little while heading towards stoplights because you never know when they will turn red. There are lights that if its on the flashing don't walk sign on the crosswalk then it'll turn red soon but not all of the lights here have those.
Enfemus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:56 AM   #4
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

I once was riding east bound about 8am in the morning and didn't have my tinted visor on...so the glare from the sun was blinding, anyway, there was a stop light up ahead and seeing the road up ahead empty, I assumed it was green and sped past...as I did so, I realized there was a cop stopped at the far left lane of my road and that I had just blew a red light in front of a freaking cop! Expecting sirens any second, I slowed to legal speeds and kept my eye glued to the my mirrors...cop never moved! Can't understand till this day why never did...my exhaust is pretty loud and I'm sure he saw what I'd done...maybe he was sticky all over with donuts, or checking his FB on their laptops...don't know...completely unrelated, but it popped in my brain and thought I'd share lol
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM   #5
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

running reds is the worst...

actually whats worse is taking off on a green and almost getting nailed by car who ran a red. (multiple times)

I almost saw a motorcyclist get hit because I guess he wasnt paying attention and almost ran a red and a car was coming. It was scary.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM   #6
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
I once was riding east bound about 8am in the morning and didn't have my tinted visor on...so the glare from the sun was blinding, anyway, there was a stop light up ahead and seeing the road up ahead empty, I assumed it was green and sped past...as I did so, I realized there was a cop stopped at the far left lane of my road and that I had just blew a red light in front of a freaking cop! Expecting sirens any second, I slowed to legal speeds and kept my eye glued to the my mirrors...cop never moved! Can't understand till this day why never did...my exhaust is pretty loud and I'm sure he saw what I'd done...maybe he was sticky all over with donuts, or checking his FB on their laptops...don't know...completely unrelated, but it popped in my brain and thought I'd share lol
He could have been going home after a long night shift and didn't feel like pulling you over for running a red light & it possibly turning into a highspeed chase (sportbikes, bah!). My bro-in-law is a cop and works the night shift, so he gets home at about 7am-8am.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM   #7
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
He could have been going home after a long night shift and didn't feel like pulling you over for running a red light & it possibly turning into a highspeed chase (sportbikes, bah!). My bro-in-law is a cop and works the night shift, so he gets home at about 7am-8am.
Yeah, that seems like a likely enough reason...Thank the heavens for human susceptibility to weakness/tiredness.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM   #8
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Name: Trent

Motorcycle(s): 2004 YZF-600r ---- 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Thanks for the suggestions and such, just thought i'd share my story with you guys.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM   #9
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

Well thank god you didn't crash.

although i did have just about the same thing happen to me the other morning minus the cop. i was turning on to the road my work is on. as soon as i turn on there a few gas stations and i guess the guy in front of me decided to get gas last minute, because he slammed on his brakes about 100 feet in front of me, but i had already gotten up decent speed. i had plenty of room to slow down but i guess i put just a little to much on the back like you cuz my bike fish tailed to the right just like yours. it was the first time it ever happened and it was weird because it was really quiet. after he turned i sped off like i had meant to brake fast hoping no one saw it :/
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:31 AM   #10
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Seeing your hectic emergency stop, maybe the cop thought you'd already been punished enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Thank the heavens for human susceptibility to weakness/tiredness.

Future cop.

robocop: "PUT DOWN THE GUN ETHIO"
ethio: "I don't have a gun!!"

* pew pew pew pew pew *
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM   #11
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post

Future cop.

robocop: "PUT DOWN THE GUN ETHIO"
ethio: "I don't have a gun!!"

* pew pew pew pew pew *
I can't make neither head nor tail of your comment, the rational behind it or why I was just murdered by a laser wielding robot out of Akima's dark psyche...so, I do what I usually do when girls say things that don't make sense...

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #12
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
lol - it made sense to me.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM   #13
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
lol - it made sense to me.
That's what they all say

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM   #14
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

and then there's those instances where you are thinking of something and you start talking halfway through your thought so nobody has any context to make heads or tails of your comment.

or maybe i'm the only one who's like that..
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote