ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #1
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Jeans w/armored shorts - sizing...

For anyone who has a pair of riding jeans and wears armored shorts underneath, did you find you needed to size-up on the jeans to fit over the shorts or were you still able to go with your normal jeans size over the armored shorts?

I searched and didn't really see much info regarding sizing with jeans and armored shorts.

It looks like the riding jeans I've been eying up are on closeout so they're selling off any inventory of the sizes I have left, so I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger and ordering a pair. Of the remaining sizes, one would be the size I normally wear and the other size is one size up that I would think would allow for the armored shorts to fit properly and comfortably.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2
AeroXtasy
New 2-Wheel Addict

Name: Reece

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 250r Kawasaki Ninja

At a local motorcycle store I was checking them out an a representative said to go one size up on the pants with them.
Have no personal experience though.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaubideux View Post
For anyone who has a pair of riding jeans and wears armored shorts underneath, did you find you needed to size-up on the jeans to fit over the shorts or were you still able to go with your normal jeans size over the armored shorts?

I searched and didn't really see much info regarding sizing with jeans and armored shorts.

It looks like the riding jeans I've been eying up are on closeout so they're selling off any inventory of the sizes I have left, so I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger and ordering a pair. Of the remaining sizes, one would be the size I normally wear and the other size is one size up that I would think would allow for the armored shorts to fit properly and comfortably.

Skip both of these and get the leathers you talked about in the other thread, you will not regret it lol.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #4
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

I have the shift jeans and I had to go from a 32 - 36. (I ordered size 34 but i had to return it cause it wont fit with my hard shorts[it fits but i look like a gay guy wearing some skinny ass jeans]. I ended up getting the 36).
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #5
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Thanks kaiserz.

Havok.. yeah, yeah... I'm planning on getting both. Jeans+knee/shin+armored shorts for the "catchin' a movie" or "meeting up w/some friends" rides and the leathers for weekend joy riding and commutes to/from work where I can easily change into my work attire. Fully admitting vanity with regard to the former, I just don't like walking into a restaurant with my riding pants on. I like to blend in when possible.

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #6
kaiserz

Np bro, and same here, I like to look as normal as possible when going out. Jeans + boots + my bad ass white leather jacket = the ladies dig it hehe

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #7
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Np bro, and same here, I like to look as normal as possible when going out. Jeans + boots + my bad ass white leather jacket = the ladies dig it hehe
Yup, i'm the same so +1. I like the shift torque jeans but I feel naked without knox knee guards. What brand armored shorts you looking into? I've been contemplating them for a while now.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #8
kaiserz

Just my two cents here, If you guys are gonna get hard shorts get the knox, I got the deinese and uhm... I don't really like em that much. I wish I got the knox instead.

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #9
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Just my two cents here, If you guys are gonna get hard shorts get the knox, I got the deinese and uhm... I don't really like em that much. I wish I got the knox instead.
knox multisport or cross shorts? armor is a little different in each.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #10
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
What brand armored shorts you looking into? I've been contemplating them for a while now.
I've been looking at the Dainese shorts but I'll definitely check out the KNOX shorts as well.

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #11
kaiserz

I'm talking about the "KNOX Cross Armored Shorts" the "Multi Sport Armored Shorts" is on closs out,

Base on my experience and from some other people, the deinese is what you call a "euro fit" shorts, so if you're planning to get the deinese,( and for the sake of your boys down there) I would go size up(ask me how I know.), the disadvantage of going size up is, it's gonna be "looser" and having a big chance that your armor will move around thous minimizing its ability to protect you.

Also if you do a comparison between the two, the knox has a full armor, a CE rated one piece kind of thing protecting your thigh and your hip/side. While the deinese has one CE armor on the thigh, and a small piece of foam on the hip/side. And let me tell you when I got into my little off the bike adventure I wished I got the knox instead, don't get me wrong the deinese did its job, but my hip/side was sore for a week or 2. After that "adventure" I told myself that I will get the best protection I can get my hands on.