Old July 27th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #1
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
[East England] 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition For Sale

~26,500 miles on the clock.

There are some pics of it in my profile gallery.

Has a scottoiler fitted to it. It's a good fit, so you wont have to faff around with it to keep it lubing the chain.

Area P Carbon Fibre Full Race Exhaust system fitted.

K&N air filter fitted. It's a washable thing. It fits to the standard, stock airbox. It supposedly provides slightly better airflow over stock.

Power Commander 5 fitted.

The PC5 has a professionally created custom fuel map on it tuning the bike for the Area P exhaust and the K&N air filter.

As a result of doing the above, the bike feels noticeably faster than stock at high rpm. It also has much smoother power delivery over the RPM range. The stock bike has a dip in power around 7K IIRC.

It has both the passenger seat and the official Kawasaki plastic seat cover thing.

The bike runs beautifully except for 2 issues:
1. The throttle is sometimes imprecise and jerky. It's not horrendous, but you will notice it.
2. The FI warning light comes on when you start the bike.

I'm pretty sure that both of the above issues are due to corrosion on the electrical wiring (the loom). I've planned for a long time to replace the loom, but have just never got round to it, because it's non-essential. I've actually had the existing loom repaired on 2 occasions. Both times it was corrosion damage.

I've looked after it well. I even have a pretty detailed log of the services and maintenance I've done over the years to the bike. I can provide that on request.

Any questions, just ask. This is mostly a USA forum, so I'm not expecting much/any interest. It's worth a shot though!

I'm looking to get £3000 for it, but I'm open to price negotiation.