Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old August 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #1
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Name: Christina

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

SoCal/San Diego Riders

Hi Everyone,

Sooo my name is Christina and I just bought a ninja 250 ..2012... i've spent the past two nights riding her around my parking lot and Ive already managed to softly let her fall to the side..and so I've decided I want to find other So Cal riders who would be interested in showing me the ropes as right now I am not so good at turning. The shifting is a breeze for me as Im a stick driver .. its the lean .. the god darn lean ... smh Anyways Im looking to meet new ninja friends to talk motorcycles with and just get more educated ..hit me up if interested.
aroseforjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

ms
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseforjupiter View Post
Hi Everyone,

Sooo my name is Christina and I just bought a ninja 250 ..2012... i've spent the past two nights riding her around my parking lot and Ive already managed to softly let her fall to the side..and so I've decided I want to find other So Cal riders who would be interested in showing me the ropes as right now I am not so good at turning. The shifting is a breeze for me as Im a stick driver .. its the lean .. the god darn lean ... smh Anyways Im looking to meet new ninja friends to talk motorcycles with and just get more educated ..hit me up if interested.
Welcome to the forums, as another newer rider, I would definitely suggest taking the MSF course. They teach all of the fundamentals of riding and alot of the subtle nuances of riding too.

Nice to see more riders in SoCal.
mariorivera830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Robinhood
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2007 GSXR 600

Welcome!

First San Diego rider to check in. I'm always down to ride and help when I can. Have you taken the MSF course? If not, it's highly recommended by just about everyone. I still have my booklet if you want it.

Let me know!
Robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #4
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariorivera830 View Post
ms

Welcome to the forums, as another newer rider, I would definitely suggest taking the MSF course. They teach all of the fundamentals of riding and alot of the subtle nuances of riding too.

Nice to see more riders in SoCal.

Aww thank you!! I took the MSF course two
Months ago over by Palomar college. I loved it and I would do it again but it's too far and I'm not ready to take the bike on the high way which is why I was looking for fellow riders in SD to learn off of and get my confidence with. Are there meets in SD ?

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #5
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Welcome!

First San Diego rider to check in. I'm always down to ride and help when I can. Have you taken the MSF course? If not, it's highly recommended by just about everyone. I still have my booklet if you want it.

Let me know!

Yes sir I did and I have my booklet too, I seem to have forgotten my confidence on turning which is important lol thanks for the offer I totally appreciate it. I just moved from Ny to CA and I don't know anyone here and havent made any friends. I figured I always wanted a bike and feel good about it two months ago after the MsF course. I wanted to use the biking world here to get out and meet up, ride, and explore

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

Quote:
Aww thank you!! I took the MSF course two
Months ago over by Palomar college. I loved it and I would do it again but it's too far and I'm not ready to take the bike on the high way which is why I was looking for fellow riders in SD to learn off of and get my confidence with. Are there meets in SD ?
I'm sure there are. There are alot of people all through Cali here. Keep an eye out for the meets in this part of the forums.

For me, the leaning part was just remembering to look through the turns and pushing on the oppposite part of the handlebar that you want to turn. Keep practicing, you'll get it. You might want to invest in some frame sliders in the meantime

Also, welcome to California!
mariorivera830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Robinhood
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2007 GSXR 600

There are a whole lot of meets in San Diego. Build your confidence and skills a little more before riding with bigger groups. I'm no pro, but down to ride with you and give whatever pointers I can. Hit me up.

*edit*

Here's the biggest group ride I've been to. We split up into a bunch of smaller groups, based on skill level. There were about 5 or 6 other 250s.

Robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #8
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
There are a whole lot of meets in San Diego. Build your confidence and skills a little more before riding with bigger groups. I'm no pro, but down to ride with you and give whatever pointers I can. Hit me up.

*edit*

Here's the biggest group ride I've been to. We split up into a bunch of smaller groups, based on skill level. There were about 5 or 6 other 250s.

I agree, bigger group much later on. I'll be sure to PM you my number, thank u so much

Old August 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hi, what part of san diego are you in

Old August 31st, 2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I'm up north here in Oceanside... but I'm down to ride and assist a new rider... let me know what works for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2012, 04:26 PM   #11
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
I'm up north here in Oceanside... but I'm down to ride and assist a new rider... let me know what works for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Sweet Im off for the three day weekend ... Im wide open let me know whats best for you PM and i'll send u my number

Old August 31st, 2012, 04:27 PM   #12
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
hi, what part of san diego are you in
Im over by the Fashion Valley Mall lol seriously like I live right across the street

Old August 31st, 2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Cazper
ninjaholic

Lol... wasn't necessarily expecting that quick... I'll have to check with my family and make sure my wife doesn't have plans already for us. I'll let you know though!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:06 PM   #14
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Lol... wasn't necessarily expecting that quick... I'll have to check with my family and make sure my wife doesn't have plans already for us. I'll let you know though!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh ops no no doesn't need to be that quick, i just offered up this weekend as it seems to be a holiday and all, some peeps are free but in general I'm usually free on the weekends and alternating fridays so no biggie anytime is cool

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:41 PM   #15
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:

*edit*

Wait a second I recognize that gas station... That's the 15 at Via Rancho parkway rigt next to the north County Fair... One exit away from Highland valley road... Hmm

I honestly couldn't count how many times I've been to that gas station.. I remember when it was built... My gramma used to live in the neighborhood across the street not more than 500 feet from where that photo was taken. Oh memories

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #16
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Wait a second I recognize that gas station... That's the 15 at Via Rancho parkway rigt next to the north County Fair... One exit away from Highland valley road... Hmm

I honestly couldn't count how many times I've been to that gas station.. I remember when it was built... My gramma used to live in the neighborhood across the street not more than 500 feet from where that photo was taken. Oh memories

nice eye cus i sure as heck can't see gas station anywhere in this pic lol lol

Old August 31st, 2012, 11:20 PM   #17
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Welcome, the more time you put in the saddle the more you'll feel comfortable. One of the biggest hurdles that I had to overcome when being a new rider was to slowly replace fear with confidence, although being over-confident is not what you want to be.

I live in east county and commute to Rancho Bernardo area for work so I'm everywhere in between.

Let me know if you want to do any riding.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2012, 11:22 PM   #18
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
One exit away from Highland valley road... Hmm
I always take Highland Valley Road when I'm on my way back from Ramona, in the company car nonetheless...
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM   #19
jjb84
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

I'm in Temecula. A bit far but always down to meet new people and ride.
jjb84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 12:51 AM   #20
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Oh ops no no doesn't need to be that quick, i just offered up this weekend as it seems to be a holiday and all, some peeps are free but in general I'm usually free on the weekends and alternating fridays so no biggie anytime is cool
Sounds great! I'll let you know what works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb84 View Post
I'm in Temecula. A bit far but always down to meet new people and ride.
Temecula is in my back yard! Although I claim Oceanside... I'm actually on Camp Pendleton (Oceanside is my mailing address ) We can hook up for a ride as well!

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:10 AM   #21
jjb84
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Set it up. Let's go! Haha
jjb84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM   #22
aroseforjupiter
ninjette.org member