ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 '08, '09', '11, ...

Rear rack for cooler or Givi

I recently added a top rack. It is very sturdy, all steel and well connected. I carried a loaded cooler on its first run for 50 kms and it worked great. Lots of spots for bungie cord hooks, and various holes for connecting a hard box. It is sold in Ontario by aviciouscycle.ca. I've travelled across Canada twice by ninjette, camping out, and I should've had this the before now. But live and learn.
bill E bob
Bill E Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

is this big and sturdy enough to deliver pizzas in?
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #3
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

A post without pictures? Blasphemy!

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
A post without pictures? Blasphemy!
Sorry about the lack of pix. I was using Firefox, but now IE is running, so here goes. Four pix of the rack. Plenty heavy enough to deliver a stack of pizzas.

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill E Bob View Post
Sorry about the lack of pix. I was using Firefox, but now IE is running, so here goes. Four pix of the rack. Plenty heavy enough to deliver a stack of pizzas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN7000.jpg (132.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6999.jpg (122.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7002.jpg (138.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7003.jpg (144.7 KB, 1 views)

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

Got any picks of it loaded? Or is your avatar one?
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #7
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

BIll, I noticed the pictures you had attached in the original TT Alum rack thread and was hoping to see it in use with gear loaded. The rack looks good and sturdy.

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Bill E Bob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
BIll, I noticed the pictures you had attached in the original TT Alum rack thread and was hoping to see it in use with gear loaded. The rack looks good and sturdy.
The carrying capacity for my ninja may have been surpassed the other day. I loaded a one cubic foot cooler with about 20 pounds of goodies, plus my friend of 145 pounds, (shhh), plus my 195 pounds of raw muscl... no that might be stretching it. So a total of 340 plus the new rack is about 10 pounds, so 350. I have changed out the sprockets for 15/44 combination, so occasionally I have to slip the clutch a little. But I like the combination. It feels good, and I get no more complaints from the back seat about a heavy packpack.
The load you see in my avatar was on my 2008. It didn't have the rack, it all fitted on the back seat and gave me a bit of a back rest. I camped across Canada from Kingston to Vancouver Island. So now with the rack, I'll be packing more stuff but less on my back.
To answer someones earlier question,this is not something you would put on more than once a year if even that. Mine took me a couple of hours. I cross threaded a bolt and had to drill it out. It's on to stay barring a major accident or I sell the bike some day. bEb

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #9
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill E Bob View Post
The carrying capacity for my ninja may have been surpassed the other day. I loaded a one cubic foot cooler with about 20 pounds of goodies, plus my friend of 145 pounds, (shhh), plus my 195 pounds of raw muscl... no that might be stretching it. So a total of 340 plus the new rack is about 10 pounds, so 350. I have changed out the sprockets for 15/44 combination, so occasionally I have to slip the clutch a little. But I like the combination. It feels good, and I get no more complaints from the back seat about a heavy packpack. bEb
Did the front end of the bike feel light? I was considering building a pillion rack just do I could have a back rest of some sort but this rack makes it possible for me to load a box/pack forward over the pillion seat so I can load even more stuf and have a makeshift back rest.

Those pictures helped out a lot.