ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Hey Unregistered, have you been do any great concerts??

There's no feeling or experience like being at a live concert, its like your brain turns off. There's no thinking about what you're going to make for supper, no worrying about the laundry that needs to be done after supper, you're totally and completely living in the moment, taking in the sights and sounds. So, I wanna know what concerts you've been to, when and where, and if there was something that happened to make that concert more memorable, I wanna know about that too. Post pics if ya got 'em. Here's my concert list so far;
1. Bon Jovi- 1993 Memorial Stadium, St. John's, Newfoundland (yeah, yeah, I know...Bon Jovi...WTF...in my defence i was 14!!)

2. The Rolling Stones-Sept 23 2006, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Opened by The Trews(Awesome Canadian band!!), Alice Cooper, and Kanye West. Great show, unfortunately it was an outdoor venue and there was torrential rain the entire day, but we had on oilskins so wasn't too bad. Hilarious moment: a couple of ladies walk by and one goes "OMG I smell POT!!" Duh lady you're at a Stones concert....ya know stoned at the Stones!!! In my pics you can see the cloud of smoke hanging over the crowd.

3. Neil Young-April 7, 2009, Mile One Centre, St. John's Newfoundland. Wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

4. U2-July 30, 2011, Moncton, New Brunswick. Opened by Arcade Fire (another great Canadian band!) This concert experience was amazing on sooo many levels. First of all, I won the trip to the concert through a local radio contest, it was also the last show of the band's 360 Tour, and to top it all off, our charter plane landed at the airport minutes before U2's plane. So the RCMP ushered us off the tarmac and outside the fence before the band got off of their plane, but Bono and The Edge were kind enough to come over to the fence and say hi to all the folks there waiting...very cool!!

5. Tom Petty-June 2, 2012, Mile One Centre, St. John's, Newfoundland. Unfortunately, our seats were behind the stage so we didn't get to see any of the light show, etc. Don't know why they sell tickets for back there...??

6. Aerosmith-July 14, 2012, Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland, an annual outdoor concert known as Salmon Festival. Opened by Carly Rae Jepson, Uncle Kracker, Flo Rida, and Cheap Trick. As this concert was a b-day gift for my hubby, I sprung for the VIP tickets, which got us super close to the stage for awesome pics

7. John Fogerty-Sept 7, 2012, Mile One Centre, St. John's, Newfoundland. (For you young'uns that don't know who he is Google CCR!!) I didn't really want to go to this one at first, but hubby did and I'm glad he dragged me along!! Fogerty was great and for a guy who is 67, he can still rock out like few others can!!

Biggest concert regret; Elton John came here a few years ago, and for some unknown reason I didn't even try to get tickets...been kicking myself ever since for that one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U2 at Moncton Airport 015.jpg (134.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg U2 at Moncton Airport 016.jpg (83.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg U2 360 Tour in Moncton 086.jpg (72.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Salmon Festival 076.jpg (73.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Salmon Festival 198.jpg (121.6 KB, 1 views)

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

damn lets see..

Godsmack
five finger death punch
fear factory
slayer
little anthony and the imperials
billy idol
merle haggard
zz top
chevelle
weezer
cheech/chong + war
foreigner

Concerts i wouldnt mind going to

Cyberoptics/Shambala2013
two steps from hell
rammstein
arch enemy
vinnie paz/JMT
Dope
Hatebreed
hans zimmer
lamb of god
killswitch engage
system of a down
suicide commando
static-x
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Blystr842
Venom Sponsored

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R x2 (his & hers), 05 Honda CRF250R

Best concert I've ever been to... Sevendust.
Blystr842 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i've been to many but they are all meaningless compared to a single group that i saw in vegas at vegoose in 2007.

DAFT PUNK.

Old November 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I was an usher at the Music Hall in Boston, so I have seen a few concerts at the Music Hall, The Orpheus, and The Boston Garden (as an usher you let in ushers from the other shows and they let you in to the shows at their venue).

I've seen tons of up and coming bands at the Paradise Club and the old Rathskeller in Boston.

I had a good friend who was a disc jockey at WBCN in Boston, so I've seen a few concerts backstage.

I saw Aerosmith at Millis High School in Mass. and many other places in Boston (Steven and Joe were good friend with my disc jockey buddy).

I saw Billy Joel play in; The Lost Souls, The Commandos, The Hassles, and by himself at Levittown Hall, Holy Trinity, and the Blauvelt's backyard (it was Richie's wedding).

I've seen alot of music I don't remember also.

Old November 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I'm rather limited on concerts. I just don't like ultra loud music.

First concert: Third Day. An amazing show and a great concert experience. I have since been to several of their concerts.

I can't remember the order/years I attended the shows, so I'll just wing it.

Summer Sanitarium Tour - Metallica, Deftones, Linkin Park, Mudvayne and Limp Bizkit. Took my little brother, it was a good time.

MercyMe - been to a couple of their concerts

Casting Crowns - a couple of their shows

Jars of Clay - took some friends to a Christmas concert of theirs, it was incredible.

Steven Curtis Chapman - good artist and great guy

Addison Road and Natalie Grant - Decent performers. I know gospel is at the heart of Natalie, but she throws way too much of it into her performances and often goes overboard to the point that you sometimes just want the song to be over with. Still..she has a great voice.

Buzzfest '06 - the craziest show I've ever been to. Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Boys Like Girls, Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Eighteen Visions, Evans Blue, Everclear, Hurt, Lostprophets, OK Go, Panic Channel, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Stone Sour. This was the Return of Alice in Chains...and they came back big time. A great show. Didn't like how everyone got tanked and was throwing cups and crap when Stone Sour was on stage....

Celtic Woman - Been to every show of theirs since '05. Earlier this year was the first tour that we ever missed. It is definitely the best show I have ever been to. Then again, I like more a capella and world music type stuff. So it really suits me.

I'm sure I've left out a few of them...

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM   #7
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
I've been to a Mariza concert (2007) and then I've been to the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (http://www.snwmf.com/) 2011, which were both AMAZING. Here are videos from the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Concerts and or festivals I'd like to go to in the future:
1. Moogfest
2. Burning Man
3. Bonnaroo
4. Coachella
5. WOMAD
6. Festival in the desert
7. Maschinenfest
8. Lightning in a bottle
9. Decibel Festival
10. Iceland Airwaves
11. OFF Festival
12. Rock'n Coke
13. Rock in Rio

Etc, etc.

Last futzed with by antiant; November 25th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #8
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
Coachella!

So... Coachella is happening right now live, April 12-14th 2013. For those who are unaware of what Coachella is, here's the wiki: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. This is one of the things on my "bucket list," along with Burning Man, Bonaroo, Lightning in a Bottle, etc. Has anyone been to Coachella or other music festivals and events? Experience? Suggestions? Comments? You can watch it live here, there are 3 channels: http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella/coachellalive

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

So are you going?
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #10
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
Unfortunately not as I have other plans, but I am hoping for next year.

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #11
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Top 3

AC/DC- Bon Scott era
Aerosmith
Brooks n Dunn
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
no
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #13
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Thanks for asking but nope.