ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: Ever been involved in an auto accident?
Yes 77 81.05%
No 18 18.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Have you ever been involved in an auto accident?

ANY type of auto accident / incident. Your fault, their fault, no fault. Hit a tree, ran over a curb, got rear ended or t-boned someone? You could have been a driver, passenger, or riding a bus.Anything at all. Doesn't matter.

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2
S1att3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Raygan

Motorcycle(s): White 2013 Ninja 300(Storm), Silver 2003 Fjr1300

Over corrected and hit a road sign.
S1att3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #3
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yep. Back into someone in a parking lot when I was in high school. Luckily it was another high school student. He was moving way too fast around the corner and I was looking the other direction as I backed up. We both agreed it was split fault, traded info, and split the cost of repairs to his bumper.

Not bad for my only "accident" while driving.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #4
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

someone ran me off the road without looking.

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #5
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Yes.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #6
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
As a passenger: My dad hit a deer in his car. My brother was dumb and angry, and reversed into a car at a stop sign -.-. Plus a whole bunch of other dumb incidents with him. Too many too list. He's a poor driver, well, unsafe.

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #7
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Been a passenger in a couple write-offs...and a handful of my own single vehicle accidents on the bike. 0 claims and no accidents on record though after 6+ years on the road.

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #8
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

crashed with my ninja first 300 miles. i blame the gawdamn cat! took my eyes off the turn for a split second to look at the cat (wich was running towards me in the middle of a turn) and my wheel got stuck in one of the cracks in the road and off i went. Minor scratches to the bike, no injurys for me. just a dusty jacket
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #9
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250R more awesome SE

Got swiped by a taurus while trying to get out of a line of cars with a super prudent guy in a honda as the leader. This guy had several chances to go during the five minutes. There was a big truck with a lift kit behind me right on my bumper. I tried to pull out sightly, just enough to see, and yeah, I swear the guy in the taurus was going forty miles an hour twenty feet before the stop sign. I was in denial for about thirty seconds right after he swiped me. Then I saw the side of that taurus. It only put a dent on the corner of my car. It was my fault of course because I was the one changing lanes, or at least tried to.
drphils87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
No
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #11
drphils87
ninjette.org member

And this is right after getting a wreckless driving citiation for doing wheelies in the highschool parking lot. The same cop was there, and he was kind of being a jerk.

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #12
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
No
So I'm new to this site, and I was wondering why in your profile under the motorcycles you own why it says "faster than drphils87's ninjette." and I've read about your wreck on another thread you liar. Lol

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Vergil
Laser Quest

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black Ninja 250r

Lady ran a stop sign coming out of a residential area into the main road. I swerved and hit the car behind her that pulled up to the sign, then went through a small tree and partially through a brick wall into a persons home.

No one was really hurt other than me being a little banged up. Cops said I was speeding, young kid in a WRX and blamed me for hitting the person at the sign.

Got a call later that night from the owner of the house who had multiple security cameras, several of which were pointing towards the accident. One day later my claims adjustor called and said not only was I 100% not at fault, and that it was the person who ran the stop sign being blamed, but the person I had actually hit was partially at fault as well as their front tires rolled past the stop sign line.

Got a check 2 days later for the full amount of my car, plus injuries.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drphils87 View Post
So I'm new to this site, and I was wondering why in your profile under the motorcycles you own why it says "faster than drphils87's ninjette."
Well it is
AFM #676

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #15
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Well it is
My ninja 250 is mostly stock inside anyway, so you're probably right, but seriously why is my name in your profile? Oh and I was also wondering about your accident or accidents. Would you care to share?

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Ok so mine is faster right? So whats there to question?

What about my accidents? CC said auto accident, I interpreted it as being in a car at the time of the accident.
AFM #676

Old March 9th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #17
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I grew up street racing. while riding with friends. I have survived twenty seven car accidents. Hit two telligraph poles . Been cut out by jaws of life . Rolled over three
cars .Flipped a car the hard was .( bumper to bumper ) street racing is dangerous keep it on the track . Never had a problem on a motorcycle.

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #18
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Tried to drift when I had my 2000 ford taurus (FWD) and slid the back end out on some leaves and took out a decorative tree by the exit of a shopping center. Escaped the scene before anyone knew what happened!

Also bumped into the rear of another vehicle at a red light going sub 5 mph (also in the Taurus). Had looked away to try and find a cross street and traffic had suddenly stopped. When I looked back I slammed on the brakes. No damage to either vehicle
YamiLionheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #19
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphils87 View Post
..but seriously why is my name in your profile?
It's custom coded. It shows the name of the user logged in who is browsing the forums. For me it says faster than YamiLionheart's ninjette.

Pretty sure an admin has to do it for you.
YamiLionheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #20
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
but the person I had actually hit was partially at fault as well as their front tires rolled past the stop sign line.
Glad that you were justified [I don't think that's the right word]! But that sucks for the guy who was slightly in front of the stop sign Also, did you get a copy of the video?!

As for me.. I got T-boned once (really Y-boned, hit turning into my direction of travel), and I sub speedometer register rear ended someone once. I was an a 1/4-ton van with all my crap from college in it, and the vehicle I hit was a Silverado with his tailgate down and a ball hitch. Cop came and didn't see damage to his vehicle so he didn't even write me a citation/ticket. We agreed to settle outside insurance, but the bastard decided to undercut me and go with insurance after his brother, an insurance adjuster, decided to write off every little bit [IE bed liner on the tailgate = 400 dollars, slight dent in the tailgate = brand new tailgate + paint].. Irritates me. Mind you, he never contacted me to tell me "oh I think it would be best to do this through insurance," or anything, I just received a call from the insurance folks. I guess I am just bitter though.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #21
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec, 2007 Ninja 250R

hit a center island thing trying to turn too fast. like the guy said, keep the racing on the track.
Posted via Mobile Device
StephenA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #22
Madman44
ninjette.org guru

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 250r

I was rear-ended by a lady a few weeks ago. A few days after that another lady turned in front of me (on my ninja). And I don't know if this counts but last summer I was hit by another lady on my bicycle when she turned into a gas station without checking her mirror. Is anyone else seeing the pattern here, lol?
Madman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #23
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Riding with my family, my mom was driving and hit ice and crashed into a mailbox. Nothing major, but damage to the car...was young so a little freaky. - not me driving

Two weeks after getting my license, I pulled too far out at a stop sign. Just got there (still in my neighborhood) and a guy came out of nowhere and tried to squeeze around me. Well I freaked out and reversed a little, and hit the side of his car a little bit. So he claimed from my insurance. - Noob driver

A bit later that year, I was going down a little hill and saw cars stopped at the bottom. Started braking only to find my car wasn't really slowing down much at all. Plowed into a girl (who ended up being the girlfriend of the guy I hit earlier that year) and she plowed into the guy in front of her. Her new jetta was smushed lol. - Chalk this up to poor brakes.

A day before senior week, after I just had graduated, I ramped my car off the intersection in front of my neighborhood. They used to have stop signs, but they had put up a traffic light...so yeah, I was trying to beat a yellow at 50mph only to get airborne. - Bad decision, poor judgement..

One summer during college, my silly roommate went out clubbing until like 4am. She was driving myself and my other roommate back to college, and on little sleep, she eventually told me she was getting tired. I told her I could drive but she said I was a bad driver and I wasn't allowed to drive her new civic coupe. Well..going down the highway she dozed off and went off road, woke up spun around and ended up trashing her car against the guard rail. - karma's a female dog.

On the bike, was going slow around a sharp turn on a poor road surface, as a complete new rider, lowsided. - noob rider

6 total! Hopefully no more, ever again.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #24
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

does getting hit in a parking lot while parked and out of the car count?

small scratch on the bumper, cost the idiot over $1000 to replace/repaint my rear bumper.

could have been worse, I was standing at the back of my car putting on my snowboarding gear. thankfully I looked up to see the idiot lock his tires up on the snow-covered parking lot and slide into the back of my car, and jumped out of the way.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #25
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Been t-boned while making a left turn by an idiot who blew a red light, rear ended by an idiot not paying attention, hit a patch of ice while making a right hand turn and bumped the curb, struck a concrete light pole base in an empty parking lot by not paying attention, 2 crashes by drunk drivers while my marked patrol unit was parked in front of my house, had my marked patrol unit shot several times while it was also parked in front of my house.

So far nothing with the Ninjette.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #26
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

First, someone ran a red light and clipped my front end off

Second, driving home after the club feeling awesome, got into a race with some losers in a Civic, hit a stream of water and hydroplaned. Spun around, hit a curb, limped home with bent axles and other stuff

Third, stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, car to my right slammed on his brakes to not hit car in front of him and then at the last minute jerked the wheel to the left to try and get out of hitting the guy in front of him and hit my front right fender instead

Fourth, driving through the Auto Zone parking lot, girl driving out of parking spot was texting as she drove out of the parking spot and hit my side

Fifth, sitting at a red light and got rear ended. Car was fine minus a big scuff on the bumper. The driver didn't speak English and said he didn't have a license or insurance. I told him to sit on the curb and not say anything or I'd call the cops on him. I took the car keys from him, took his wallet, phone, and anything valuable from inside the car. Took the car stereo and system, car battery, and what cash he had on him. I gave him back his wallet minus the cash and gave him back his car keys. I told him if he wanted his stuff back to call me later and pay me the money in cash it would cost to fix the bumper or I'd keep everything and sell it. He didn't call me but his mom did and told me thank you for not calling the cops, that he took the car without her permission and I was free to sell the stuff (it was his stuff, not hers) to pay for the repairs. It paid for half the cost of the repair

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:56 AM   #27
akcalhoun
ninjette.org member

Name: aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 honda shadow phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1att3r View Post
Over corrected and hit a road sign.
thats what happens when youre more focused on masterbating inside a dirty sock instead of driving.
akcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM   #28
akcalhoun
ninjette.org member

Name: aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 honda shadow phantom

e31.jpg
akcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #29
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcalhoun View Post

That's one of the most commonly misquoted lines in a movie:

Link to original page on YouTube.

choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #30
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

That's one of the most commonly misquoted lines in a movie:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Brick killed a guy!

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #31
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
No
If I ever meet Mr Jiggles in person, he is NOT riding my bike.

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #32
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Like I'd want to ride your slow ass bikes!
AFM #676

Old March 26th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #33
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Like I'd want to ride your slow ass bikes!
Like I'd want to ride your right side up bikes!

Fixed that for ya!

Old March 26th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #34
chef
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 1965 Honda S90 , 2010 Ninja 250,2012 Vespa LX 150(Yes,a vespa!)

T Boned by a police cruiser...i still say they were at fault.
Had my first car t boned while it was parked....i was in the passenger seat in my mates car...hehe,young & stupid.
Rear ended by a drunk at a stop light.
Ninja-zero...touch wood.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #35
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Ran over by a semi-truck, was going fishing in a full size pick-up truck with fiberglass topper on it pulling a 16' johnboat 40hp motor. Sitting at a dead stop in the middle of a 2 lane county road waiting for on-coming traffic to turn left. Look in my rear view mirror and the semi is back 1/2 mile or so, look forward waiting to turn, look back again and the semi is right behind the boat.He locks em up and slams us. The boat launches off the trailer, hits the tailgate and blasts through the top of the topper. It ends up straight up and down in the bed of the truck, resting on the cab. If the tailgate wouldn't have deflected it up, it would have came right through the cab. Needless to say, didn't make it fishing that day.
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #36
bfpower
ninjette.org mafioso

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Used to drive a service route in a Tacoma. Some jerk was trying to cut from the middle lane into the exit lane and got blocked so she just stopped in 50 mph rush hour traffic. I was carrying a load of tools and carbon canisters and couldn't stop in time.

I also backed into a car in a parking lot once in the same Tacoma. In my defense, my truck had a metal (no windows) topper on it and someone decided they could beat it around me before I made it out of the space. My fault for not finding a pull through space.

Then there was the time my mom (I was 10 at the time) managed to high-center the car on a cement light pole base in a parking lot. I have no idea how she did it.
bfpower is offline   Reply With Quote