Notices

Old February 13th, 2022, 08:52 PM   #1
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

What new tracks will you ride in 2022?!

Hey all,

Just wondering what new tracks you all plan to ride this year! I've got a few exciting trips planned for this year (fingers crossed they go as planned) and they include riding some new tracks! I LOVE NEW TRACKS!

The superbike school is going back to COTA this year and I'm on the roster to coach there and at Pittsberg International Race Complex (two new tracks for me) PLUS I'm hoping to get to Australia in April which means I'll get to ride Sydney Motorsports Park as well as Phillip Island - wonder where else I can fit in that's new?!

Where will you be riding?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2022, 07:54 AM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
So far this year, I've done these ones for 1st time:

Arizona Motosports Park - formerly known as Phoenix International Raceway. Has 2-sets of S-turn sequences, very challenging! Lowest noise limit of any place I've ever been, 96db! Even lower than Laguna Seca! Damn yuppies in McMansion condo complex across street and golf-course next door are probably whiners. But... there's also Luke Air Force Base on other side of track with F35s taking off on regular basis... way, way louder than couple of bumblebee-sounding bikes....

Wild Horse Pass - West track - this one's very tight and difficult, perfect for Ninjettes! In fact, outfit that races here, ASMA out of New Mexico, has mostly 400 & smaller classes. All with Superbike or Fomulae mods allowed. No one's interested in keeping their bikes stock I guess. My bone-stock 250 didn't stand a chance! Although I did beat 2 Ninja 300s in 350-Superbike and an R1 in Beginner race. With more practise, I can probably finish mid-pack. East track here is also on schedule for race later this year, more favourable for bigger bikes.

These I haven't done yet, but will certainly do this year:

Inde Motorsports Ranch is private members only track just outside of Tuscon. ASMA's going to have 2 races there later this year. I can't wait!!! I've only heard good things about it.

Arroyo Seco Raceway is ASMA's home base in New Mexico hosting 4 of their races this year. About 5-hrs from me, so same as drving from SF Bay Area to Buttonwillow.

Attesa Raceway - brand-new private members only track with airfield just completed last month! About 1-hr south of Phoenix. Don't know if I can do entire 200-trackdays available per year to justify memebership price.

Streets of Willow Springs - one of my favourite tracks when I lived in Santa Barbara. Never done it on bike. I've got credit with California Superbike School, so looking forward to it. Misti, you coaching there this year?

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; February 16th, 2022 at 08:59 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2022, 09:43 PM   #3
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
So far this year, I've done these ones for 1st time:

Arizona Motosports Park - formerly known as Phoenix International Raceway. Has 2-sets of S-turn sequences, very challenging! Lowest noise limit of any place I've ever been, 96db! Even lower than Laguna Seca! Damn yuppies in McMansion condo complex across street and golf-course next door are probably whiners. But... there's also Luke Air Force Base on other side of track with F35s taking off on regular basis... way, way louder than couple of bumblebee-sounding bikes....

Wild Horse Pass - West track - this one's very tight and difficult, perfect for Ninjettes! In fact, outfit that races here, ASMA out of New Mexico, has mostly 400 & smaller classes. All with Superbike or Fomulae mods allowed. No one's interested in keeping their bikes stock I guess. My bone-stock 250 didn't stand a chance! Although I did beat 2 Ninja 300s in 350-Superbike and an R1 in Beginner race. With more practise, I can probably finish mid-pack. East track here is also on schedule for race later this year, more favourable for bigger bikes.

These I haven't done yet, but will certainly do this year:

Inde Motorsports Ranch is private members only track just outside of Tuscon. ASMA's going to have 2 races there later this year. I can't wait!!! I've only heard good things about it.

Arroyo Seco Raceway is ASMA's home base in New Mexico hosting 4 of their races this year. About 5-hrs from me, so same as drving from SF Bay Area to Buttonwillow.

Attesa Raceway - brand-new private members only track with airfield just completed last month! About 1-hr south of Phoenix. Don't know if I can do entire 200-trackdays available per year to justify memebership price.

Streets of Willow Springs - one of my favourite tracks when I lives in Santa Barbara. Never done it on bike. I've got credit with California Superbike School, so looking forward to it. Misti, you coaching there this year?
Cool line up! I haven't done any of those tracks except Streets of Willow which was recently re-paved! I haven't been on the new pavement yet but heading there for all 6 days in March with the California Superbike School for coaching I'll be back there again later in the year! If you have a credit you should sign up soon! This year is the most insane year for bookings, so many schools full already! Get on it

Old February 16th, 2022, 05:29 AM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL well none actually but I do plan on riding from my house to Callahan and back... which by the way will be all paved road, but barely paved road. at least to Callahan, coming back I will take the main road....
i expect it will take me most of the day to go the 50 miles over there and 55miles back.... but it should provide some great vistas !
i'm sure to have a sore ass by the time I get back !
..... that's the kind of Racing I do ! HAHAHHAAHHA.
Bob....

Old February 16th, 2022, 11:07 AM   #5
JayVapes
ninjette.org member

Name: Honorio

Motorcycle(s): Ninja EX250

Never been toa track I would like to see one when I finish my bike

Old February 25th, 2022, 08:48 AM   #6
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

New Tracks

The last few seasons I have been trying too hit Pit Race, something always happens. Pit Race is the only new to me track I hope too hit in 2022!

In 2021, I hit VIR Patriot (perfect for small bikes) and North ( more suited for big bikes). Those were the only new too me tracks for 2021.

I did get too ride 4 different bikes on the track in 2021. I rode my 300, 400, Gixxer 600 & 750. I sold the 300 but might get another one if the price is right.
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2022, 10:23 PM   #7
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

I went to Buttonwillow this past Monday with my SC28 looking forward to Streets of Willows later this year. Would be nice to have a new truck instead of renting Uhaul+trailer lol.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2022, 08:41 AM   #8
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVapes View Post
Never been toa track I would like to see one when I finish my bike
Yes- not only are track days super fun but they are helpful in teaching you skills that are also applicable on the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
The last few seasons I have been trying too hit Pit Race, something always happens. Pit Race is the only new to me track I hope too hit in 2022!

In 2021, I hit VIR Patriot (perfect for small bikes) and North ( more suited for big bikes). Those were the only new too me tracks for 2021.

I did get too ride 4 different bikes on the track in 2021. I rode my 300, 400, Gixxer 600 & 750. I sold the 300 but might get another one if the price is right.
Sweet! VIR is a great track and I'm going to try out Pitt Race this year for the first time. Looking forward to it! I LOVE riding new tracks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
I went to Buttonwillow this past Monday with my SC28 looking forward to Streets of Willows later this year. Would be nice to have a new truck instead of renting Uhaul+trailer lol.
Yes, well when you have a track addiction you do whatever it takes to get there! I remember the days of sleeping in my minivan next to my motorcycle outside the gate- waiting for the track day. Then all the days hauling my bike to and from the track for racing. It's an addiction for sure!

Old March 7th, 2022, 10:23 PM   #9
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
Bikes are so light, you can pretty much tow any using those cute little Harbour Freight trailers. Here's how I started going to track many years ago.

Old March 8th, 2022, 05:34 PM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Not on a bike, but I'm hitting Sebring in a few weeks for the first time. Bucket list track, for sure.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2022, 10:49 AM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Only a few tracks left that I haven't ridden east of the Mississippi.

On my list for this year are;
COTA
Grattan
Barber

Most likely will not be able to get to COTA because of costs and gas prices... We will see. Riding new tracks is so awesome!

Best to everyone and good luck and safe travels.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2022, 11:50 PM   #12
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post

Yes, well when you have a track addiction you do whatever it takes to get there! I remember the days of sleeping in my minivan next to my motorcycle outside the gate- waiting for the track day. Then all the days hauling my bike to and from the track for racing. It's an addiction for sure!
It's definitely an addiction! That day I met a guy who rode his N300 from Long Beach to the track more power to him. Glad to be in Socal I used to drive from Santa Rosa down to BWR back in the days.

Quote:
Bikes are so light, you can pretty much tow any using those cute little Harbour Freight trailers. Here's how I started going to track many years ago.

Cool setup I wish I had space for a trailer. I had a big yard before moving down to LA, now I only have a narrow tandem parking lol. I'm looking to buy a trailer as soon as I relocate though, with school out the way I have more time to hit the tracks so if any of you guys want to connect let me know we can BBQ after trackday lol. Nice Porsche btw.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:54 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

HAHAHA you guys tickle me ! if I was riding on a track I would care less about what the bike looks like and more about it's performance yet every bike I see going to the track looks better than brand new ! i mean do you have so much money that you can throw it at the bike and make it pretty too !?!?!?!
must be nice to have all that money ! yet alone the hefty track fees and schedules.... I simply find a back road that doesn't have much traffic on it and ride there.... and don't ride so fast that I cross the line if I do I call that ride a failure ! .... there are ways to test your riding skills that don't endanger others
you just have to be real conscious of that ! and it won't cost you a few grand a year to do it ....
I get it really.... it's just so much fun !!!! a place where you can give it all she's got is very rare on the street, and a heck of alot more dangerous.
but your paying through the nose for that privilege..... is it worth that much?
(obviously yes, or you wouldn't do it Right?)
I challenge you to add up the costs for a year upkeep on the bike, track costs and transportation ,motels , the whole 9 yards of what it costs for you to "go to the track and ride" and post it here.... I am sure some of you have those figures already.... and I am not poking fun at you by any means...
there's probably a few dozen to at least 100 members that would love to do something like that..... and that information would help them alot !
myself I'll stick to the back roads and ride sanely and still have a heck of alot of fun !
Bob.......

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 10th, 2022, 07:55 PM   #14
DannoXYZ

It's not just fun, it's ADDICTING!!! My duddy Doug wrote whole article about how going to racetrack is more addicting than CRACK!! I have to agree, you're always looking for another hit!

Another rule of track riding is you never EVER add up your costs!!!

Read the Go Fast Crack Pipe story
or buy the video.

Old March 10th, 2022, 08:07 PM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

LOL Yah I can see why !
as it would definitely take alot of fun out of it !
to each their own ! and I wish you all fun rides and no crashes !
Bob.....

Old March 11th, 2022, 04:47 PM   #16
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

Another rule of track riding is you never EVER add up your costs!!!
That's true. I'm an Accountant but when it's time to hit the tracks I don't think about numbers relating to expenses. You gotta do what you gotta do. It's an experience of a lifetime to some and a good opportunity to blow off steam before going back to work.

Old March 14th, 2022, 07:26 AM   #17
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
HAHAHA you guys tickle me ! if I was riding on a track I would care less about what the bike looks like and more about it's performance yet every bike I see going to the track looks better than brand new ! i mean do you have so much money that you can throw it at the bike and make it pretty too !?!?!?!
must be nice to have all that money ! yet alone the hefty track fees and schedules.... I simply find a back road that doesn't have much traffic on it and ride there.... and don't ride so fast that I cross the line if I do I call that ride a failure ! .... there are ways to test your riding skills that don't endanger others
you just have to be real conscious of that ! and it won't cost you a few grand a year to do it ....
I get it really.... it's just so much fun !!!! a place where you can give it all she's got is very rare on the street, and a heck of alot more dangerous.
but your paying through the nose for that privilege..... is it worth that much?
(obviously yes, or you wouldn't do it Right?)
I challenge you to add up the costs for a year upkeep on the bike, track costs and transportation ,motels , the whole 9 yards of what it costs for you to "go to the track and ride" and post it here.... I am sure some of you have those figures already.... and I am not poking fun at you by any means...
there's probably a few dozen to at least 100 members that would love to do something like that..... and that information would help them alot !
myself I'll stick to the back roads and ride sanely and still have a heck of alot of fun !
Bob.......

The initial cost can be decent (suit, boots, gloves, spine protector), call that 750-2000 depending how you shop, used can get even lower. But after that, its up to you. I spend under 1,000 a year, but i only go 2-4 times a year. I camp at the track if im doing a multi-day event. Transportation is cheap since most of the tracks i ride are 1-2 hours from me. I picked up a trailer for 200 bucks years ago that serves me just fine.

My yearly costs are under 1,000 but it all depends how many days you go. Worth every penny.

I have dialed back my bikes though. I had 3 at one point, but now I only have 1 which helps. I tried to have a do-it-all but since having a baby i dont ride on the street much anymore, so i will be selling my N1000 and the 636 will be my track bike with occasional street use.