Notices

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #1
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 08 250 - Blue Magic

I need your advice on this ad.

Hey all,

My brother's girlfriend is looking at a bike, specifically a Ninjette. She found the ad below on Craigslist.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/3307378664.html

What are your thoughts on it; price, mileage, etc? My brother has been riding for almost 2 years and would check it out in person, but what are some things that he should be aware of that might be Ninjette specific?

Thanks!!
RiderOnTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Shoot. The title was I need your advice on this ad.

Old September 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Too many miles
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #4
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

not bad for the price. Maybe if you can get it down a couple of hundred. Close to 2500 would be fair. Not many miles.

Just make sure you check the chain for rust, check the tires for the wear mark, rust in the tank, etc. Just basic stuff to see if its a good deal

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

all of these 250 craigslist ads are so sexist. "great female bike" clearly all of the people who say this in their ads have huge chicken strips
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
all of these 250 craigslist ads are so sexist. "great female bike" clearly all of the people who say this in their ads have huge chicken strips

Just show up with her to see the bike be like "you know I don't think I can pay anymore than 2000 seeing as how this is a woman's bike. It really cuts down on the value considering a man has been riding it for 5,000 miles."
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM   #7
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytofu View Post

Just show up with her to see the bike be like "you know I don't think I can pay anymore than 2000 seeing as how this is a woman's bike. It really cuts down on the value considering a man has been riding it for 5,000 miles."
Bahahaha that's brilliant!

Old October 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Do you know how many miles are on the bike exactly? The title reads "2k" but in the ad, the owner mentions he had a 5k mile service done recently.

Anyway, that seems like a good price. You should try to talk him down a bit, though. $2.5k for that bike would be a steal.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

These threads always make me dread when it comes time to sell my ninjette. For starters, that seems like a great deal for not having any damage. Atleast around here, I'd expect it to sell pretty quick. Secondly, just from information given in the ad, it looks like a well maintained bike for a decent price and yet people (to include other threads) constantly question it. I'll admit, I'd try to talk him down just to get the best deal possible but the listed price doesn't really seem that farfetched to me. With the way these things seem to be dropping, I might as well keep mine, damaged fairing and all. By the time I get around to replacing it, it'll be worth maybe $2k if I'm lucky.

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:31 AM   #10
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

2008? Should be a lot cheaper
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #11
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Do you know how many miles are on the bike exactly? The title reads "2k" but in the ad, the owner mentions he had a 5k mile service done recently.

Anyway, that seems like a good price. You should try to talk him down a bit, though. $2.5k for that bike would be a steal.
I caught that too. I'm having her follow up on the mileage. Maybe it was a mistype, it sounds like it has 5k miles.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM   #12
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
These threads always make me dread when it comes time to sell my ninjette. For starters, that seems like a great deal for not having any damage. Atleast around here, I'd expect it to sell pretty quick. Secondly, just from information given in the ad, it looks like a well maintained bike for a decent price and yet people (to include other threads) constantly question it. I'll admit, I'd try to talk him down just to get the best deal possible but the listed price doesn't really seem that farfetched to me. With the way these things seem to be dropping, I might as well keep mine, damaged fairing and all. By the time I get around to replacing it, it'll be worth maybe $2k if I'm lucky.
There wil still be a market even for a scratched machine. Plus, compared to other bikes that's holding it's value really well. Not to change the subject, but I'd say make it a track bike. I was going to sell mine eventually but honestly, she's always going to be part of the stable.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM   #13
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Before you go look at it, let me know. I work in that area, and I'd be more than happy to go check it out after work one night.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #14
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytofu View Post

ha. Actually, a very nice lady rode my baby for 6300 miles before I bought it. It was her baby, now it's mine. I still email her updates once in a while. Nautica and I actually rode right past her house when we went for our ride a few weeks back
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #15
modded
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Green 250

I also saw that ad. Found out the bike has 2100 miles. If he would take 2700, how's that sound?
modded is offline   Reply With Quote